Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reminder about Fan-Created Material

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reminder about Fan-Created Material Reply with quote

This is just a reminder about the purpose of this part of the forum. This listing is to discuss Fan Videos and Spin-offs. The lg15 production team asked people who were interested in such things to make their own response videos. There is no reason to call these videos “fakes” or “game-jacks” or anything else. Some folks enjoy the fan-creation aspect of lg15, and that is okay. Everyone is not going to enjoy every video posted here, but these are under LG15 Fan Videos and Spin-offs because they are fictional. Some are fun. Some are bizarre. Some are amusing. Some are clever.

Please refrain from insulting people who post here as if these "fan-creators" are doing something wrong. If you do not like fan-created materials, just avoid this part of the forum. There is no need to debate whether or not a video is "fake". These are obviously fictional creations. If they are proven to be canon, they will be moved accordingly. In addition, if you feel like something is canon, feel free to state this. Others will probably see what you see. Or at least discuss it in a meaningful way. Jonas' videos began here in this part of the forum as did Gemma's before they were confirmed characters.

Just allow people to heed the call of the lg15 production team to make their own videos. If you don't like them, don't watch. I do not see any benefit in telling someone publicly that their video sucks. PM them and give them constructive criticism if you feel drawn to share your opinions. I know it is easy to be cruel and make fun of others, but have some empathy or kindness or maturity or something.

Enjoy these creations!
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

Last edited by gogo on Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that- thanks for posting.
gogo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're welcome.
I hope you realize that I suck.::The finest satire is that in which ridicule is combined with so little malice and so much conviction that it even rouses laughter in those who are hit.-Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Lord Balto
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem, of course, is that the "real" videos are never identified as such until it becomes painfully obvious to everyone. This really bugs me. These guys start off with a "phony" series of video postings and then have the audacity to "allow" fan videos. Where do these characters get off? So now we have real phony videos and phony phony videos? This is very close to making me sick.
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then don't watch

just kidding

but really....why is it a problem? why be bothered by the way they are choosing to interact with fans?
it is a new entertainment medium.

you can be entertained with the strictly canon videos only ,or if you choose (and have alot of extra time) partake of some really good , some not so good (its all subjective) fan videos.

really now, don't let it make you sick!! Crying or Very sad
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they introduce new characters the way they do so that we can have the fun of "discovering" them. Seriously, when I saw Jonas' first video and felt like it could be canon, I was excited because I felt like I had found something. Like 300 people had already watched it before me, so I wasn't the first to "discover" it....but I was the first one to post about his vids on the forum.......can I get a cookie? Laughing
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will have to get Jonas to serve you up some chocolate chip!!!
You make a good point , I concur!
Way2Curious
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkybennett wrote:
We will have to get Jonas to serve you up some chocolate chip!!!
You make a good point , I concur!

Very Happy A chocolate chip cookie from Jonas, thats what I want for Christmas! Laughing
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my...I better head back to pervy town...

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The FanFic Lobby All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: