Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0109 "Bree's Dad Is Dead" [1/3/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, bout the double post on the first page i have been having trouble with the forums for quite a while now grrr... If a moderator would be so kind as to remove one i would appreciate it. Anyway that was a pretty somber vid for sure but i still do not see how they would know he is dead for sure. Unless they supposedly seen Bree's Dad shot in the head or worse which we didn't notice. I am kinda puzzled also by this vid not really sure why it was chosen like this. So, they drove away and go to the beach to sulk about her dead father. Not really much to go on at this point but simple observations:

- radio saying something
- two somber looks on Jonas and Daniel
- Daniel talking with Bree on some rocks for a while
- Waves crashing shots and Bree walking alone a lot
- a lone bird
- a flower
- another dang helicopter how many is that now 10?
- and an in memory of Bree's Dad at the end hmm..

I do not know how they are planning to transition from this vid to the next. It would have to be something quite interesting to be sure.

Lonelygirl15: "Time for another episode of p-r-o-v-i-n-g s-c-i-e-n-c-e wronngggg!" Smile

Capt. Picard: "Tea Earl Grey, hot"
kristenjane
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. It didnt show up for me where you said to look. I dont know why. But wow yeah, see, that is an interesting video.

I thought about it. And I asked myself, maybe we are asking too much out of them. But no... I dont think so. SOME things could have been answered.
annie
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

livelongandprosper77 wrote:
Sorry, bout the double post on the first page i have been having trouble with the forums for quite a while now grrr... If a moderator would be so kind as to remove one i would appreciate it. Anyway that was a pretty somber vid for sure but i still do not see how they would know he is dead for sure. Unless they supposedly seen Bree's Dad shot in the head or worse which we didn't notice. I am kinda puzzled also by this vid not really sure why it was chosen like this. So, they drove away and go to the beach to sulk about her dead father. Not really much to go on at this point but simple observations:

- radio saying something
- two somber looks on Jonas and Daniel
- Daniel talking with Bree on some rocks for a while
- Waves crashing shots and Bree walking alone a lot
- a lone bird
- a flower
- another dang helicopter how many is that now 10?
- and an in memory of Bree's Dad at the end hmm..

I do not know how they are planning to transition from this vid to the next. It would have to be something quite interesting to be sure.

Your observations sum that video's elements really well, livelong!

I agree that they will have to make the next video really different/interesting. Her Dad's death is a pivot point and they can use that to show a shift in Bree's personality... like maybe her finally opening up to Daniel about her religion. Shocked
kristenjane
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should get a BOOM instant mature Bree.
I would miss the stuffed animals.

Where can they take this now? I mean what can they do... I guess there are a few options, the Creators just have to be careful to keep the next few videos good... And hopefully continue because right now they could honestly stop this easily with a little sum up video.. or a few more. Why am I rambling?
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

annie wrote:

Your observation sum that video's elements really well, livelong.

I agree that they will have to make the next video really different/interesting. Her Dad's death is a pivot point and they can use that to show a shift in Bree's personality... like maybe her finally opening up to Daniel about her religion. Shocked

Thanks annie maybe they will talk about her religion or something i do not know. That might be an interesting subject to discuss and she may also tell what her dad was talking about to her before he supposedly "died". May be very important info about the Order itself or where her mom is. Will they go back to Jonas's house soon? Hmm.. that is the only place i can think they would go unless they come up with a plan from info given by Bree.

Lonelygirl15: "Time for another episode of p-r-o-v-i-n-g s-c-i-e-n-c-e wronngggg!" Smile

mwgraves
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe she'll go after them with...

oh...

i don't know...

a briefcase bomb?? lol

Open 7 days a week, 9am to 5pm. Our current specials are as follows: dress shirts 3 for 5$ with an 8-9day turnaround time. We also offer a rush service of 3 shirts for 12$.
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm a revenge seeking Bree oooooooo i wonder what that would be like? Think

mwgraves
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm a revenge seeking Bree oooooooo i wonder what that would be like? Think

with P. Monkey and Owen armed to the teeth...lol

**edited**
I thought since the only thing i could make out with the scanner was 415...that maybe the powell's dry cleaner/or bree's father's voicemail had changed but its still the same...

now im just grasping at straws

Open 7 days a week, 9am to 5pm. Our current specials are as follows: dress shirts 3 for 5$ with an 8-9day turnaround time. We also offer a rush service of 3 shirts for 12$.
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P. Monkey and Owen as hit animals what will be thought of next? Laughing

Yeah so Bree is either going to be sad for a long while and go back to her animals, be mature and get a clear head and develop a plan with the boys, or get revenge and go Rambo on the Order. Three possibilities that i can think of as to where it will all go next.

kristenjane
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P. Monkey and Owen as hit animals what will be thought of next? Laughing

Yeah so Bree is either going to be sad for a long while and go back to her animals, be mature and get a clear head and develop a plan with the boys, or get revenge and go Rambo on the Order. Three possibilities that i can think of as to where it will all go next.

haha you said "go Rambo on the Order" funny funny stuff.

I like those possibilities. Except her going back to her stuffed friends because then I think the story wouldnt be going ANYWHERE.
angie78gg
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she should call Chuck in. Or, ahnold. That would rock.
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno i was just throwing out ideas i hope to see some others. Yeah the stuffed animal thing wouldn't really be a good thing would it. But how will Bree now cope with this apparent tragedy? Well lets see:

1) Stuffed animals (which is not good)

2) Show more love for Daniel, get comforted, and confide in him more.

3) Breakdown and ditch Jonas and Daniel again to find her mom now?

house
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...I would think that watching your father be gunned down in a public parking garage might instigate an immediate call to 911. Are we really supposed to suspend the belief that Daniel or Jonas wouldn't call 911? Or, that they might have a friend/web friend place this call for them? I don't care how sheltered you are, or how powerful you think the order is, you just watched your dad get shot and you do nothing but go mope on some beach?

And, excuse me, but... no mention of where Bree's mother might be in all of this?

You know...I get the fact that religions can inspire people to do really stupid ass shit. I get the fact that Bree has been indoctrinated her entire life. But, are we really supposed to believe that there's a ceremony soooo critical to this religious order that they:
A) Didn't have a back-up girl in place? Heck...what if Bree had just become incredibly ill or been in some freak car accident?
B) They'd shoot her dad for her decision NOT to participate?
C) They didn't have time to prepare another girl, but they've spent two months following Bree and holding her parents hostage?

I say there was no ceremony to begin with.
I say that Bree's dad was actually developing some sort of new drug. And, that Bree was the test rat. In clinical trials, test subjects are often put on special diets and given certain rules to follow (ex: you don't want someone on an experimental drug getting pregnant or drunk). I just wonder if there was some new drug, with heavy financial backing from the Order, and Bree was the invaluable test subject. When she opted out of "the ceremony", and vis-a-vis the shots/trial, the Order got pissed because they'd invested a pretty penny into this whole experiment. It would also explain why they would kill Mr. Bree - he has too much information.
I dunno'. It's 3:00am and this video was disappointing.
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

house wrote:
I say that Bree's dad was actually developing some sort of new drug. And, that Bree was the test rat. In clinical trials, test subjects are often put on special diets and given certain rules to follow (ex: you don't want someone on an experimental drug getting pregnant or drunk). I just wonder if there was some new drug, with heavy financial backing from the Order, and Bree was the invaluable test subject. When she opted out of "the ceremony", and vis-a-vis the shots/trial, the Order got pissed because they'd invested a pretty penny into this whole experiment. It would also explain why they would kill Mr. Bree - he has too much information.
I dunno'. It's 3:00am and this video was disappointing.

Yeah it is way early yo and i need to be getting to bed but i like this experimental drug theory it definitely fits the overall situation well. Cool

curiousGeorge
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that many pholks won't like this vid because it did not reveal much or answer any questions. Well one question was answered. Real death and grief don't answer questions either.

The pacing is definitely still something the creators need to work on. If you were to view this series in it's entirety, it would probably fit better. This short format is a limiting factor if you want to express serious grief via the type of editing techniques used. I don't doubt that this was very hard to do and I have no ideas how they could have done it better...

The deviations from volg format to action sequences, like in the last vid, are necessary to advance the plot. These deviations are disruptive and jarring though and this offering may have been a way to segue back to that format. I bet the production team and actors are more comfortable with the vlogs. I doubt it would have been realistic for Bree to post a vlog immediately following the death of her Father though.

I do miss the fact that the vlog format used to give the series such an element of realism. This sense of realism seems to have been abandoned. So many things just don't even come close to making sense anymore...

I will give them the benefit of the doubt on this one and encourage all to remember that this was probably shot and edited over the Holidays. I applaud them for attempting new techniques though. Some will work and some will not.

ETA: I thought the shots of Jonas gazing out to sea were well done and provide a sense of continuity with his backstory and empathy with the Breester.

Last edited by curiousGeorge on Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: