Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LA Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you attend a lonelygirl15 convention in LA California?
Yes
34%
 34%  [ 36 ]
No, unfortunately I wouldnt be able to attend
65%
 65%  [ 67 ]
Total Votes : 103

The Creators
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea. We'd like to do this as soon as we can gather together the organizational resources. I'm talking to some of your fellow forum folk to make this happen. Also, we will be at SXSW (south by southwest) so we are happy to do a meet and greet, party, whatever in Austin while we are there. Me, Greg, Mesh will be there. I forget the exact dates.

Miles
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, I would love to go, but as it seems as though you all want it to happen in Cali, it would not happen for me. Living on the exact opposite side of the country, having to pay for airfare, lodging, and food for me and possibly my family would be a bankbreaker for me...but I would love to see the pictures!!!!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
See, I would love to go, but as it seems as though you all want it to happen in Cali, it would not happen for me. Living on the exact opposite side of the country, having to pay for airfare, lodging, and food for me and possibly my family would be a bankbreaker for me...but I would love to see the pictures!!!!

Same here, at least Chicago dudes!

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be held at Easter Island.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:

That's the same for me, unfortunately...Sad Sounds like it would be a lot of fun, though!
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys...
don't worry. Me and cuddlebunny are working out some kinks and hashing out idea. we are most probably having it in LA
(of the area), but trust me...you won't be paying THAT much. I'll make sure of it!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If something like this were to happen, obviously Cali would be one place since everything was shot there...however, like other conventions or gatherings similar, there's often more than one venue. I'd suggest seeing where most of your fans are really from...and organize maybe a couple of gatherings so more people can attend. I'd say a lot of us don't have the funds to fly out to Cali. Shoot, driving into Chicago is pushing it for me, lol.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A convention would be a great idea... maybe a roundtable discussion with the Creators, maybe some screenings of stuff from the DVD (extras?), bring in some of the actors for discussions and autograph signings (I bet Yousef would love that!).

But like Kas said, we could have more informal gatherings of LG15 fans in other areas, like New York City, Chicago, etc. Fans in the region can get together, and maybe an actor or Creator could call in or have a live webchat with the folks there. Maybe get some signed gear in advance or something... not quite a convention, but still a nice idea.
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Shoot, driving into Chicago is pushing it for me, lol.

Well, with those Illinois drivers about, who can blame you?
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what we're discussing it's not exsactly a convention, it's more informal...camping trip maybe....hmmm don't know. But we're liking your ideas.
K, i understand your cocnern about this. Trust me hun, this isn't going to be appening next week or next month. It's not going to be THAT soon. So you may have some time to put away some money to save up. But i like your idea of aving multiple venues. we're jsut really going to need to get a team together that is spread out over the states. Unfortunately for us...it's only me and Cuddle.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
it's only me and Cuddle.

Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, I won't end up having the money or time off to go all the way to cali...and remember the international peoples...so please keep in mind the other venues...or, actually, people in the different regions can organize those themselves, really...

Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
A convention would be a great idea... maybe a roundtable discussion with the Creators, maybe some screenings of stuff from the DVD (extras?), bring in some of the actors for discussions and autograph signings (I bet Yousef would love that!).

But like Kas said, we could have more informal gatherings of LG15 fans in other areas, like New York City, Chicago, etc. Fans in the region can get together, and maybe an actor or Creator could call in or have a live webchat with the folks there. Maybe get some signed gear in advance or something... not quite a convention, but still a nice idea.

Pretty much like I was thinking. There's this other site...that Auto and I used to frequent...for a cult classic type movie. They have conventions and now they have official ones in a few areas of the country and I believe there's even been a couple overseas.

Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i said K, we'll need a nation (or international) team to help out...no one has really jumped on board to help organize.
and yup...autopilot...i knew you were jsut going to love that statement

Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to help with suggestions, lol. I'd be happy to help if an area close to me was chosen as a secondary fan meet site. I have lots of ideas of activities and such.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: