Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shark Jumping 101: What LG15 is STILL doing wrong
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was refering to people who say we should not complain, just sit back and enjoy the ride or get off of it.

If this is a fan driven vehicle, we should get to bitch and moan as much as we like!
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley,

I'm sorry but your answers are either just stating what things are, I already said I know those things, not how they fit into the plot.

Or else you are repeating some of the speculation. Not what has been revealed in the videos.

Or else you are dismissing things as unimportant, if they are unimportant then why were they put into the story in the first place, other than to fuel speculation, and that is my point, too many elements are added to fuel speculation without any rhyme or reason of how they fit into the plot.
onetruegnome
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Katherine McPhee Reply with quote

If the rumors turn out to be true and Katherine McPhee from American Idol is guest starring, then Lonelygirl15 may have Jumped. According to www.jumptheshark.com, "The Special Guest Star" where a celebrity has been guest stars is a symptom that a show has Jumped the Shark.

For the thread relating to this guest star, click here:

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5267
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest video answered two of the questions maybe,

Is Bree still a virgin? maybe

Why was her father killed? Because he want to get close to her (but that isn't a very satisfying answer to me at least}

OpAphid answered a question maybe,

What happened to Gemma? Brother killed her apparently
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you, Rob. I'm not undertanding Killthesmiley's point really.
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirlreturn wrote:
I'm with you, Rob. I'm not undertanding Killthesmiley's point really.

Thanks Spacie, Smile

I not tying to start an argument, I am just trying to make a point, obviously I am still a fan, I am still watching.
TJ Marsh
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its going as planed. i like the way its heading!!
Macabea13
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, there is some vehement "discussion" here. No offense, but the arguments that we can't/shouldn't complain about or talk about what questions have been answered are odd to me. There are volumes written, classes offered, and huge discussion groups developed around the theme of literary criticism. It is a well respected academic discipline....why shouldn't we engage in it as fans? Granted this is not exactly literature, but it is a pursuit that is is not terribly uncommon, often considered intellectual, and which is encouraged by this format.

Also, it was pretty clear from the title of the thread what the content would be, I am totally confused by why those of you who are so offended, tired of or otherwise bothered by it are even reading it. Your opinions definitely are interesting to hear, and you have plenty of places that you put them, why can't the rest of us do so? I personally came to this thread because I was interested in it, and was a bit put off by seeing such pettiness from people whose opinions I have long respected. I am interested in why you defend the series, but not in hearing you put down those who don't.

I am also with Milo in that the go write your own is a pretty inane response.....simply because it holds no meaning other than to devalue someone elses opionion.

Finally, my critcism, because I hold on to my right to have one....is that the series fails to commit. There are too many reversals for me...the ceremony happened, it didn't happen, there were strange tags, then there weren't strange tags, Aleister Crowley was important, and Crowleymas was a big deal, then it wasn't. Cassie disappaered ( I firmly believe she was originally mentioned for a reason and then was given the lame prank caller label to get people to stop wondering about it...and to eliminate the cassie spin offs. .after so long). Bree's parents were understanding and trying to get her away from the order, then Mom became a villain. There are more, so many more.......I personally am interested in robots list of questions, and do not think that there have been sufficient answers to them. Even when reading the fan response to his questions, I do not think there is a satisfying answer. Perhaps I want to take a much too literal approach to this endeavor.

I agree with those of you who say we should have faith that some of the questions will be answered, and I sincerely hope that most of them are, but there have already been some "abandonments" that don't sit well with me, and it agitates me. Sorry if that offends anyone.

I get that the series is an evolving work in progress. And I like it, even if I critcize it sometimes....But if the Creators do respond to some of the viewer responses, then I feel like these are things I would like to see addressed.....

edited to add: I am a typo type....had to fix a couple... probably more there,.....also DreamerM.....I like your posts, just in case you get put off by the criticism.

Final addition, I think we all have something to add here. That is why it is so interesting. Some make videos, some make speculations, some keep things light, some ask questions.....if the Creators are true to their stated goals, we all mean something here....
EliCash
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! More arguments against nameless people.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliCash wrote:
Yay! More arguments against nameless people.

I believe that if you read this thread, it's easy to detect who is on one side or the other. There is no point in pointing fingers at particular people and yelling "Hey you! You there! I think you, personally, are completely wrong!"

Some people think we should stop complaining, shut up or leave. Others think that we should criticize when we feel there is a need, and back it up with facts.

I think people are trying to be polite by not calling people out by name and making them feel personally attacked.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
Killthesmiley,

I'm sorry but your answers are either just stating what things are, I already said I know those things, not how they fit into the plot.

Or else you are repeating some of the speculation. Not what has been revealed in the videos.

Or else you are dismissing things as unimportant, if they are unimportant then why were they put into the story in the first place, other than to fuel speculation, and that is my point, too many elements are added to fuel speculation without any rhyme or reason of how they fit into the plot.

but you have to take them for what they are, and understand that THAT is how they fit into the plot. Nothing more.
There isn't any hidden clues in most of the things we've been looking at. They are what they are. nothing more.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do you know?
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i mean we don't watch ....Sienfield and say...

Hey why are the Jewish???

They just are...

We don't say

Hey Why is he a comedian?

Just is...

its the exsact same thing. Thelma and Egypt inspired the creators on the way the order works.
Alister crowley is the master of the occult, hence his involvement...

ect ect...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirlreturn wrote:
how do you know?

because that is the way shows work. There is inspiration, but its not like its a HUGE puzzle we need to define

spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm...Seinfeld is not a mystery..and I watch a lot of movies with "clues"/ forshadowing/symbolism that are there for you to figure out. David Lynch comes to mind for instance. It's not like you have to put your sherlock holmes hat on if that's not your bag..but a lot of this stuff could very well be legit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: