Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why we are so damn irritable [rational discussion]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigerlilylynn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Why we are so damn irritable [rational discussion] Reply with quote

We all need to step back and chillax

New players have caught hell the last 2 days. Why? Because it's drop time.

Drops are emotional highpoints as players drive all over creation to get the next puzzle. It's a bad time to ask for a walk thru of the game in real time so you've gotten loads of "it's on the forum" "it's in the aphidpedia" and so on becuase we're in the middle of trying to discover the drop site.

The geocache exploded. Why?

Both games are close to peoples hearts. Hobbies are that way. Both sides were right. That's right, I said it. The geocache should be returned or the owner notified. HOWEVER, Lad should have had the chance to do it himself. For those of you with siblings or at least a history of watching sitcoms you know that people hate getting tatled. Particularly when they have intentions of making things right themselves.

Things were waaaaaaaaaay worse than usual. Why?

This drop sucked. We had 3 people drive 6 places to get the id.

Woo fricken hoo

We all understand that someone had to out their location and that this was a puzzle-esque way to do so but, and I'll speak for myself here, I wish it could have just been Nikki B. It's not like she isnt' on the inside and she always says where she is without a second thought so she could have effectivly done so.

Now please. When we get spikey like this we all, new and old, oppy and LG and so on and so forth need to step back and understand what we're feeling.

Inappropriate/poorly timed/stupid questions always grate but remember why you're angry.

ADDITIONALLY: Let's try to keep flames to PMs. This was insane guys. Not even the great youtube message about the chat strategy fiasco wasn't like this. Cripes!
Ruberic
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger:

Thank you for that reminder. I think the whole "This seems like a lame" drop, on top of the fact that it is the FIRST drop in several weeks, has people a little edgy.

To those who spent their time, gas, and footwork on this...THANK YOU! It still was fun. You did a great job DESPITE the flak you recieved.

Lad, you're awesome. When I make it to the LA area (my wife and I go out there ever so often), if you're up for it, dinners on me. Seriously, you've earned it for the time you put out for us, and the flak you put up with for us!

-Ruberic
sphinx
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the entire drop was an extreme amount of legwork with minimal reward, I think that it is going to end up being a major advance in the progression of this game. I have also taken the initiative in doing what I could from over here on the East Coast to help. It has been a long wait for the PMs to get their game together, but I'm still here, faithful.

I think, as a group, we have become a little immune to the irritation that can be caused by people asking questions. There is an acceptance now (albeit begrudging sometimes), that it is inevitable that it will happen, and some awesome people have created fantastic resources to give us somewhere to direct new players. Although it is still a bother (and honestly, I haven't offered answers in PMs, or I'm usually reading the questions after the fact), it doesn't seem to irk people as much as it used to.

What has made me irritable, scratch that, furious, was the thread-jacking yesterday regarding the "G" word, and the inability of some to stop and even wait for Lad to get home from 6 hours of driving for us, to address it himself. That an Operator's warning to stop was then deemed as an invitation by some to further jack the thread by personally attacking her set me off. That I personally felt I had something to contribute to the actual drop discussion and felt it would be a waste to even post it in the middle of that mess pissed me off even more. To read the thread and the chat and see that people who usually have great things to contribute were staying away because of what was going on sent me into full-on protective mode when it comes to this game. When the "G" drama started taking over other sections of the forum after it was removed from the drop discussion, it was the last straw for me. And the worst of it is, I think from hereon in, every drop thread is going to have a 4 or 5 page thread-jack by some who will be questioning if the drop is a geocache.

What has irritated me the most is the lack of respect for this awesome game that a lot have shown lately. Although it's been in prep stage for awhile, I simply can not understand how anyone, if they have done any amount of reading regarding what has happened up until now, wouldn't share some of that respect. If the respect was there, none of what happened yesterday would have occurred.

I also wanted to add that along with Lad, Luv and the newest member of D.R.O.P. Saffryn also contributed their time and gas driving long distances through traffic to help lead us to the right location. All of them are awesome and deserve our thanks and not second guessing or "tattling" without the chance to speak for themselves. Ugh.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruberic wrote:
Lad, you're awesome. When I make it to the LA area (my wife and I go out there ever so often), if you're up for it, dinners on me. Seriously, you've earned it for the time you put out for us, and the flak you put up with for us!
-Ruberic

Thank you for the offer Ruberic, however Sacramento is a good 8-10 hrs from Los Angeles, so I may have to pass Smile

I suggest everyone check the OpAphid e-mail thread. I have received a couple of msgs from the woman herself that suggest that the ID was only the tip of the iceberg.
FallingIntoSin
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sphinx wrote:
Although the entire drop was an extreme amount of legwork with minimal reward, I think that it is going to end up being a major advance in the progression of this game. I have also taken the initiative in doing what I could from over here on the East Coast to help. It has been a long wait for the PMs to get their game together, but I'm still here, faithful.

I think, as a group, we have become a little immune to the irritation that can be caused by people asking questions. There is an acceptance now (albeit begrudging sometimes), that it is inevitable that it will happen, and some awesome people have created fantastic resources to give us somewhere to direct new players. Although it is still a bother (and honestly, I haven't offered answers in PMs, or I'm usually reading the questions after the fact), it doesn't seem to irk people as much as it used to.

What has made me irritable, scratch that, furious, was the thread-jacking yesterday regarding the "G" word, and the inability of some to stop and even wait for Lad to get home from 6 hours of driving for us, to address it himself. That an Operator's warning to stop was then deemed as an invitation by some to further jack the thread by personally attacking her set me off. That I personally felt I had something to contribute to the actual drop discussion and felt it would be a waste to even post it in the middle of that mess pissed me off even more. To read the thread and the chat and see that people who usually have great things to contribute were staying away because of what was going on sent me into full-on protective mode when it comes to this game. When the "G" drama started taking over other sections of the forum after it was removed from the drop discussion, it was the last straw for me. And the worst of it is, I think from hereon in, every drop thread is going to have a 4 or 5 page thread-jack by some who will be questioning if the drop is a geocache.

What has irritated me the most is the lack of respect for this awesome game that a lot have shown lately. Although it's been in prep stage for awhile, I simply can not understand how anyone, if they have done any amount of reading regarding what has happened up until now, wouldn't share some of that respect. If the respect was there, none of what happened yesterday would have occurred.

I also wanted to add that along with Lad, Luv and the newest member of D.R.O.P. Saffryn also contributed their time and gas driving long distances through traffic to help lead us to the right location. All of them are awesome and deserve our thanks and not second guessing or "tattling" without the chance to speak for themselves. Ugh.

I concur with everything that Sphinx says here. I wish I could put my feelings in words as elegantly as she can. Sphinx, it's like you read my mind and make it sound even better.

I know, with me, I was upset because I saw someone I care very deeply about being hurt by someone else. I am usually very calm and collect, but I am also fiercely loyal when it comes to people I care about. I don't regret my actions, maybe I should, but I don't.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Men think if women are grabbing and clawing at each other there's a chance they might somehow you know... kiss." --Jerry Seinfeld, on the appeal of Catfights
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: