Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This should go without saying...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
The official lonelygirl15 ARG has not yet begun, so, yeah.

What? The LG15 ARG began when the creators admitted it was fake. Hell, it started when they started the videos. They admitted they wanted a more fluid and interactive medium, and they've included elements of interactivity already: Having Bree and Daniel in a relationship, naming the bear Thor, etc. It's an interactive storyline. That's why it's so fun and why the message boards are so fun! Smile
twistofreality
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:

I respect your opinions a lot, Mr. Janiak, but, really, how do you say things like this with such certitude? Though I can't remember the specifics, I definitely recall someone pointing out somewhere that disavowing a certain aspect of an ARG (e.g. "cassieiswatching is not official") is perfectly fair game for an ARG.

I suppose I just wonder why you're not the least bit skeptical. Given that The Creators seem to be adept at "officially" screwing with our heads, what is your rationale for believing that they wouldn't get a hearty chuckle out of "unofficially" screwing with our heads? Please point me to a reference if one exists: have The Creators addressed our speculation at all aside from the one official notice? Have they done anything within Bree's world to disconnect themselves from the possibility of Cassie being a part of that world? I'm not saying that I definitely believe that cassieiswatching is a creation of The Creators, but I have to suspend judgment pending more information.
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please believe us when we say that the Admins had private words with the Moderators regarding this topic. We have no reason to lie about this.
bosquelito
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
dVant wrote:
You're all kidding, right? What you are saying is the Creators want an interactive game, but no one should leave their house.

So then we are also to believe that the truth finally comes out and the CiW is in FACT NOT canon?

Is that the truth? How long have the moderators been apprised of this?
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moderators had communication from the Admins last night, in response to our internal discussion of the house issue. We were unsure how to handle the topic.
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosquelito wrote:
twjaniak wrote:
dVant wrote:
You're all kidding, right? What you are saying is the Creators want an interactive game, but no one should leave their house.

So then we are also to believe that the truth finally comes out and the CiW is in FACT NOT canon?

Is that the truth? How long have the moderators been apprised of this?

We have all been told since the release of "When I Get to the Bottom Where I Stop", that CiW is not canon. As moderators, we were told that ARG elements of the LG15 experience have not yet begun.
twistofreality
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
We have all been told since the release of "When I Get to the Bottom Where I Stop", that CiW is not canon. As moderators, we were told that ARG elements of the LG15 experience have not yet begun.

Nora Volkova wrote:
Please believe us when we say that the Admins had private words with the Moderators regarding this topic. We have no reason to lie about this.

Brilliant. Thanks for clearing this up, then.
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uugghhh... i don't know how much i like the idea of people who are "in it" and "outside of it"... how can one participate, if one is brought in like that?
bosquelito
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I'm not gonna believe that. No offense to Nora and twjaniak, but it all seems to convenient.

CiW may have been an offshoot, but I think it was legitimate canon until the the bad press and forum response to the dark side of things.

They're just taking steps back and clearing it up and out. Disassociation and denial are the status quo for the Creators as it is, so this is not out of character for them.

As for the moderator involvement, I think perhaps it's time we get a clear delineation on that. The big hurdle is this: if twjaniak wants to take the game in his own direction because that's what the creators intended, then fine. But he, nor anyone else, should be getting any preferential treatment on what information is disclosed. Additionally, the mods should not be shutting down the ideas of others with an attitude of "higher awareness" of events as that destroys the free and fair direction shifting of the game. There is a difference between playing the game and controlling the game, and the moderators are in a tight spot because of that.
dlruss0216
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosquelito wrote:
Nah, I'm not gonna believe that. No offense to Nora and twjaniak, but it all seems to convenient.

CiW may have been an offshoot, but I think it was legitimate canon until the the bad press and forum response to the dark side of things.

They're just taking steps back and clearing it up and out. Disassociation and denial are the status quo for the Creators as it is, so this is not out of character for them.

As for the moderator involvement, I think perhaps it's time we get a clear delineation on that. The big hurdle is this: if twjaniak wants to take the game in his own direction because that's what the creators intended, then fine. But he, nor anyone else, should be getting any preferential treatment on what information is disclosed. Additionally, the mods should not be shutting down the ideas of others with an attitude of "higher awareness" of events as that destroys the free and fair direction shifting of the game. There is a difference between playing the game and controlling the game, and the moderators are in a tight spot because of that.

Bos - I agree and based on the poll I posted about a week ago, the majority of yhe members of this forum agree with you as well. Of those that posted, 50% agree with you. The next runner up choice in this poll was "still not sure" with 23% of the vote.

Click here for the poll... http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1017
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosquelito wrote:
As for the moderator involvement, I think perhaps it's time we get a clear delineation on that. The big hurdle is this: if twjaniak wants to take the game in his own direction because that's what the creators intended, then fine. But he, nor anyone else, should be getting any preferential treatment on what information is disclosed.

We don't have daily meetings wherein The-Powers-That-Be be slip us little pieces of secret information then tell us not to talk about it. However, because the Admins own and possess rightful control of this site, they do give us suggestions as to handle certain issues. Information regarding the location of the house featured in "Who is This" is to be suppressed. It is a private residence, unaffiliated with any of the LG15 project. The people who live there should be left alone.

I really don't know anything more than the rest of you. Believe it or not, I have learned more "secret" information in the form of private messages from other forum members, than anything received from Admin or other moderartors.

Quote:

Additionally, the mods should not be shutting down the ideas of others with an attitude of "higher awareness" of events as that destroys the free and fair direction shifting of the game. There is a difference between playing the game and controlling the game, and the moderators are in a tight spot because of that.

What game is that exactly? CiW hasn't released a clue featuring the house, and LG15 proper isn't an ARG yet.

Last edited by twjaniak on Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
juliangrimm
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosquelito wrote:

As far as the continued Fanfic calls by the mods and the creators I want to point out other comments throgh history that are just as believable:

* I am not a crook.

* I did not have sex with that woman.

* I did not inhale.

* I swear she told me she was eighteen.
Nora Volkova
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bosquelito wrote:

No offense taken, but please be patient if I find it a little frustrating. Confused
calphilips
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

Last edited by calphilips on Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
calphilips
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: me again Reply with quote

Cool

Last edited by calphilips on Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: