Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Sees What?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Site/Forum Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like our solution?
I like it! No changes, go for it.
67%
 67%  [ 152 ]
I like it, but I think you should tweak it (see my post below).
14%
 14%  [ 33 ]
I don't like it. I have a better idea (see my post below).
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
I don't like it, but I don't have any ideas. I just like shooting yours down :)
11%
 11%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 225

The Creators
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Who Sees What? Reply with quote

The great debate. Who sees what? Which characters see which videos? Good question.

Right now we are operating under the principle that every character sees every video posted on the website.

So... that means that Daniel/Bree/Jonas can't reveal anything that they don't want the Order and OpAphid to see and vice versa. That limits our storytelling ability severely (not to get too "filmy" but it makes it impossible for us to put the audience in a position of superior knowledge over the characters).

So... we've done A LOT of thinking and here is our proposed solution. It will be incorporated into the new site design (and used immediately in a more limited fashion).

1) All characters see every video... EXCEPT...

2) Some videos are labeled "Private Transmissions." Think of them as "password protected private video streams," or "personal diary entries." They are meant for "no other characters" to see... like a diary... or they may be specifically directed to an individual character or group of characters (e.g. Tachyon sending a message to Bree/Daniel/Jonas).

This is a FICTIONAL construct. We NEED everyone on the planet to see EVERY video (24 wouldn't work too well if you needed a password to watch 50% of the videos). There isn't actually a password. It isn't actually "private." So, it requires suspension of disbelief.

We will indicate these "Private Transmissions" graphically. Maybe a pre-roll blinking text thing, eventually a colored border around the video thumbnails. Something.

Here's how you play along. Everyone on the website (that's you!) is a character... even if you are playing yourself (like me) or playing a character (like LordGreystoke). So... that means your character "didn't see" the video... you can't tell Daniel/Bree/Jonas/Op/Tachyon about it since it is a video that none of the characters saw (and only characters can talk and interact on this website).

Example: Daniel sends a private transmission (to no one) saying the he loves Bree. You can't tell her. Tachyon sends a private transmission to Bree telling her how to take down Oppy. You can't warn Oppy.

Thoughts? Ideas? Other solutions? We think this is a fairly simple solution that requires a minor suspension of disbelief. But... we're open to your ideas and feedback.

Miles/The Creators
lonelyfan13
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with that solution, but if I were you guys, this is what I'd do:

I know this website is supposedly made by a fan, being its just a tribute to lonelygirl15, however thats hard to believe seeing we dont know anything about this supposed fan who created this website. Maybe if you put a face on the fan behind this site, maybe even have that person post videos, then all the characters could ignore the opahid vids and whatnot, and act completely oblvious that this site even exists. However the fan would post all the related videos here. On second thought, it may be too late to put that idea in effect since the video thumbnails already mention the website. But, I'll let others read it in hope it might spark a different idea in there mind.

I say, go for it creators! But please, post more videos more often! Before someone gets seriously hurt! Very Happy
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to annswer lonelyfan13: the fan that created the site was called bukinater (sp?) and he was very active on the old phorum, but it was poorly run and long story short the creators and him went their seperate ways and this forum was born
well thats what i've heard lol

and creators i think its a good idea but can u trust the op's? Wink

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
asti
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Yes, but Reply with quote

Good idea. Since the reality zone is suspended anyway, please be prepared for your characters to ignore accidental postings. The threads are so numerous and in lots of instances get so long that the guidelines get lost in the shufffle. Just think how many people you know who, when dealing with new electronics or item for assembly, use the instructions only as a last resort - and only if they can dig them out of the trash. Kind of the same thing on a forum grown to this size.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this will definitely work. The problem will be with the in-character section of the chat (as this is the only section the LG15 characters pay attention to (supposedly)).

If Daniel posts privately saying he loves Bree, and we as fans are supposed to pretend we haven't seen it, that means we can talk about it everywhere but the in-character sections. However, folks will surely want to bring it up or hint about it. This would be especially true if Tachyon posted how to take down OpAphid. Surely the OpAphid supporters would try to figure out some secret message to convey the truth.

This makes for some moderation issues, as it's tough to go through every post and look for the in-character areas where a fan is clearly conveying information from a private vid. Casual fans who don't understand the distinction may not like their posts being deleted or moved...

Regardless, this is definitely a logical way to handle it, since, by nature, all videos are posted on this one site. There's no easy distinction made, so we could figure out how to deal with it in the forums!
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
I think this will definitely work. The problem will be with the in-character section of the chat (as this is the only section the LG15 characters pay attention to (supposedly)).

If Daniel posts privately saying he loves Bree, and we as fans are supposed to pretend we haven't seen it, that means we can talk about it everywhere but the in-character sections. However, folks will surely want to bring it up or hint about it. This would be especially true if Tachyon posted how to take down OpAphid. Surely the OpAphid supporters would try to figure out some secret message to convey the truth.

This makes for some moderation issues, as it's tough to go through every post and look for the in-character areas where a fan is clearly conveying information from a private vid. Casual fans who don't understand the distinction may not like their posts being deleted or moved...

Regardless, this is definitely a logical way to handle it, since, by nature, all videos are posted on this one site. There's no easy distinction made, so we could figure out how to deal with it in the forums!

You could always delete the in-character forum, I don't really think anyone would mind. I wouldn't anyway.
sweetie55
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like BK said, a lot of casual fans are going to get very confused with this and OpAphid/Tachyon supporters are bound to foil eachother via posting in the in-character chat section. Hopefully your plan will work out fine though. Cool
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I like it in theory but agree with BK and sweetie...many of us have chosen sides and since we see all of it, then we will for sure inform Op or Tach of what we've seen...

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do we really need the bree chat, daniel chat, jonas chat..... etc etc

they hardly ever reply anyway

Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
do we really need the bree chat, daniel chat, jonas chat..... etc etc

they hardly ever reply anyway

I like the in-character threads. However, if the characters don't reply, they're more confusing than helpful.

I think this is a separate issue from who sees what, but we should mention that to the creators... If only Bree (and occasionally Daniel) will respond, should we only have in-character sections for them?
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh they are quite fun, but they are pretty pointless

Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE this idea. I think it is an excellent solution that should please most people. I also think BK brought up a very good point. I really like the way you see the "big picture," BK. This gives us all a very much needed perspective.
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html
Marbella
Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I do have an idea that just occurred to me!

Idea

Why not consolidate all the "in character threads" into one: Write to the actors." What I like most is that we won't get the "attack of the spammers" in the stuffed animal forum, I don't think. I believe some of them do it because of the "furries" thing. I don't want to explain that, really.

We don't get that many posts or responses to that area, but a lot of people really like it.
*Daniel's Fan Club Founder
http://www.youtube.com/whitetigerdream
*My Books: http://www.laurapaxton.com/borderline.html
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea, in theory. However, as has been mentioned, keeping people from posting 'revealed secrets' in the In Character section will be extremely difficult.

In response to Colbernationalgirl, I'm opposed to removing the In Character section, quite the opposite actually. It's the only way for many members to interact with the characters and should be MORE active with greater character participation.

I like the idea that the three LG characters - Bree, Daniel and Jonas - don't see any transmission at all from the Op/Tachy characters. Instead, we see those transmissions and members relay info to the characters by way of the In Character section - the whole "Choose a Side" concept would work well this way.

Characters should only see the In Character section, not the rest of the forum. Forum member could make this work if there was more character involvement in the In Character section.

Example: In the last video, Daniel announced that he cracked the code with the help of Forum members. That kinda ruins the illusion. He could just as easily said - I received a note or correspondence from (insert forum member names) with instructions to crack the code. The In Character section would be used like a de-facto email system that we all can read. In addition, the ARG players enjoy the private nature of the correspondence they receive from Op/Tach. The info is openly shared among members - that system should remain intact.
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Trainers idea much better. Having Bree, Daniel and Jonas see the videos posted by Tach and Op kind of makes us pointless. Our job has always been to inform them as to what was going on...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Site/Forum Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: