Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LG Video "Interrogation 101" [DISCUSSION]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mintgurl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: LG Video "Interrogation 101" [DISCUSSION] Reply with quote

I noticed that the same voice distortion was used in this video, the same as the "Miss Me" video (Daniel was brainwashed)

This distortion may be the way Daniel hears certain things because of what happend to him while brainwashed, and its the Orders way of sending him messages.

The following are phrases used by Jonas and Daniel with the voice distortion:

Jonas: The first time he says "Daniel"

Jonas: "I never would have done this to you"

Jonas: "Lemmie ask you this Daniel, is this because of the hike?"

Jonas: "No, I don't think thats so crazy"

Jonas: "So where does this go from here, Daniel?"

Jonas: "What are you gonna kill me?"
Daniel: "What? No."
Jonas: "That wasn't very reassuring"

Jonas: "I'm done with you"

Daniel: "I came in here trying to be your friend and figuring things out"

Jonas: "I'm done with you"

Daniel: "Relax"

If I missed something, please lemmie know or post Smile

Last edited by Mintgurl on Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay minty! Your obsession with listening to Daniel's voice over and over finally pays off Razz
mymindislost
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That voice distortion could be more fodder for the "Jonas is in the Order" thoery. That's how I see it, anyway.

Like, that distortion was used when Daniel was acting as the "voice of the Order" if you will. Perhaps Jonas is also a "voice of the Order?"

edited for clarification
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a sign that Jonas and Daniel are being influenced by the Order when they speak with this strange audio feature. I don't think either of them are aware of it...but it's a signal for us to watch out for. When the strange echoey effect occurs, the Order is at work.
autumneternal
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiltingwindward wrote:
I think this is a sign that Jonas and Daniel are being influenced by the Order when they speak with this strange audio feature. I don't think either of them are aware of it...but it's a signal for us to watch out for. When the strange echoey effect occurs, the Order is at work.

If that's the case, why does Bree have a similar audio distortion when she says "Right now, I'm just deciding where to begin" in the How Dumb Am I? video?

The reference to Bruce Wayne and the hamster tags all make sense now!
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suddenly have a hell of a lot of respect for the actor of Jonas. That was some quality stuff he had there. Daniel too.

On the topic of voice distortion, we have to keep in mind that the Daniel-brainwashed video was done by Op, while the past three videos have been done by the teen angst adventure gang. I don't think that it has a specific relation to the Order, but it probably is relevant somehow... maybe the camera is from the Order or something... ^_^

Everything is not as it first appears.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge shared is power lost. -- Aleister Crowley
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my theory, based on this video:

When Daniel went to spend a little quality time at the OpA Day Spa & Brainwashing Center, his caretakers took care to implant some conditioning that would make him useful to them later. They had to do this deeply enough so that Daniel wouldn't know himself that it had happened, because a) Bree would probably notice if he started acting like Gemma, b) Tachyon could get ahold of him, c) Daniel's not very good at hiding things. This explains why Daniel can't really remember what happened to him during his stay. Conclusion: Daniel is a sleeper agent (attn followers of Battlestar Galactica--think Boomer) who doesn't even know he's been recruited by the Order.

Jonas, on the other hand, has been a member of the Order all along--I have always said that this was the case anyway. Smile He may or may not know that Daniel has been conditioned, although I suspect he does. He may or may not know Daniel's trigger, although I suspect he doesn't. His orders were to keep B&D in one place at all costs, until Tachyon showed up. Then, he was told to pick up and move quickly to somewhere she wouldn't be able to find so easily (maybe this order came when the Watcher showed up at the house and declined to hit Jonas in the face, as he richly deserves?). Hey presto! Jonas suggests they go up to his family's magical secluded cabin in the woods, where he blatantly violates the no-cell-phone rule (to communicate with whom, I wonder?).

Now, Jonas is sewing dissenion between B&D, letting Bree go off the handle and take it out on him even as he softens Daniel up--maybe to make the conditioning come out more fully.

Theory #2:

On the subject of the distorted audio, there are two things going on here. One is the plot, which involves the characters Daniel and Jonas having a "discussion." In this discussion, they say some things influenced by the Order, possibly without knowing it. The other thing going on is a meta tool to give us a clue to what's going on. This is done by putting strange audio over the parts we should be listening most closely to. The characters don't know that the strange audio is there, even though they're supposed to have edited and uploaded the vid. There are two explanations for this, one in game and one meta. In-game: Daniel is programmed to do this and so he doesn't realize that he's doing it. Meta: We just need to accept that sometimes the PM does things for us to notice that the characters don't see.
Mintgurl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiltingwindward wrote:
Here's my theory, based on this video:

When Daniel went to spend a little quality time at the OpA Day Spa & Brainwashing Center, his caretakers took care to implant some conditioning that would make him useful to them later. They had to do this deeply enough so that Daniel wouldn't know himself that it had happened, because a) Bree would probably notice if he started acting like Gemma, b) Tachyon could get ahold of him, c) Daniel's not very good at hiding things. This explains why Daniel can't really remember what happened to him during his stay. Conclusion: Daniel is a sleeper agent (attn followers of Battlestar Galactica--think Boomer) who doesn't even know he's been recruited by the Order.

Jonas, on the other hand, has been a member of the Order all along--I have always said that this was the case anyway. Smile He may or may not know that Daniel has been conditioned, although I suspect he does. He may or may not know Daniel's trigger, although I suspect he doesn't. His orders were to keep B&D in one place at all costs, until Tachyon showed up. Then, he was told to pick up and move quickly to somewhere she wouldn't be able to find so easily (maybe this order came when the Watcher showed up at the house and declined to hit Jonas in the face, as he richly deserves?). Hey presto! Jonas suggests they go up to his family's magical secluded cabin in the woods, where he blatantly violates the no-cell-phone rule (to communicate with whom, I wonder?).

Now, Jonas is sewing dissenion between B&D, letting Bree go off the handle and take it out on him even as he softens Daniel up--maybe to make the conditioning come out more fully.

Theory #2:

On the subject of the distorted audio, there are two things going on here. One is the plot, which involves the characters Daniel and Jonas having a "discussion." In this discussion, they say some things influenced by the Order, possibly without knowing it. The other thing going on is a meta tool to give us a clue to what's going on. This is done by putting strange audio over the parts we should be listening most closely to. The characters don't know that the strange audio is there, even though they're supposed to have edited and uploaded the vid. There are two explanations for this, one in game and one meta. In-game: Daniel is programmed to do this and so he doesn't realize that he's doing it. Meta: We just need to accept that sometimes the PM does things for us to notice that the characters don't see.

Very well thought out, nice theory..I think you are onto something Smile
chevyfudd
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the change in voices also, I think this is a symbol that Daniel is part of the order now, I mean he does say "jonas is no more part of the order than I am" Maybe they both are part. I don't know, I mean come on, for such strict parents, why was bree allowed to have a boy in her room with the door shut.
Mintgurl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chevyfudd wrote:
I heard the change in voices also, I think this is a symbol that Daniel is part of the order now, I mean he does say "jonas is no more part of the order than I am" Maybe they both are part. I don't know, I mean come on, for such strict parents, why was bree allowed to have a boy in her room with the door shut.

I also think Jonas would have had different rules because he had no purity bond to protect.
tristan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree the lines "jonas is no more part of the order than I am" & "Relax. I'm on your side" by Daniel do seem to be a little foreshadowing but i think its because of brainwashing and not that he was always in the order

tilting the theory was great and i bought it immediately [especially the battlestar shout out]. my only thought is maybe jonas let himself get caught on purpose [i think u were hinting at this] by being a little too obvious with the cell phone then finally the symbol. jonas might've completed his task and now daniel will take over [unknowingly perhaps]

also something i noticed because maybe my minds a little demented is jonas and daniel got to speaking a lot in their echo voices after jonas called daniel a "female dog" [not sure what i can get away with in the forum]. and i thought itd be funny if that was daniels trigger - there was also a fairly obvious...edit i guess youd call it after jonas said it but that probably means nothing
tiltingwindward
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan, I think "Relax. I'm on your side," is what Daniel is conditioned to say when acknowledging his trigger word. I hadn't thought about that until you repeated it here, but it seems likely.

I don't think Jonas' task is done. He's the ultimate babysitter, and as long as Bree is at large, he'll have work to do just keeping track of her. I don't know that Daniel is ready to "take over," as you suggest, or even if that is what he is intended for. I'm inclined to believe instead that he's meant to betray Bree for the Order at a crucial future moment.
tristan
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiltingwindward wrote:
Tristan, I think "Relax. I'm on your side," is what Daniel is conditioned to say when acknowledging his trigger word. I hadn't thought about that until you repeated it here, but it seems likely.

Wow I didn't think of that but it makes sense, its late here on the east coast so tomorrow I'll have to scour the vid again to see if there's a better trigger than "female dog"

tiltingwindward wrote:
I don't think Jonas' task is done. He's the ultimate babysitter, and as long as Bree is at large, he'll have work to do just keeping track of her. I don't know that Daniel is ready to "take over," as you suggest, or even if that is what he is intended for. I'm inclined to believe instead that he's meant to betray Bree for the Order at a crucial future moment.

hmm I don't know, the trust between Bree and Jonas is gone and I think she'd rather just leave Jonas than always worry whether he was in the Order or not. So I guess I was running with the assumption that Jonas may not be with the duo for much longer [but we shall see].

As for Daniel I see what you mean perhaps what Jonas was talking about while on the cellphone was whether Daniel could handle it...I don't know that doesn't really sound right after I wrote it.
Destrin41016
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

time for my monthly post haha
i was thinking....ok so...daniel (at the end) said that jonas is no more a part of the order than i am. now... if he were still brainwashed he might know about jonas but jonas doesnt know that he knows about him and thats why daniels all i believe you...eh? completely stupid? vaguely helpful?
interesting postscript: jonas made me love him today Smile
EDIT
yep tristan and me think alike but im obviously the slower one Smile
Loki
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about brainwashing, is that you don't know it's been done. If you know about it, it's kind of useless, since usually brainwashing is done to make you think a certain way. In a way, knowledge really is power when it comes to brainwashing, since you would be able to seek help in getting deprogrammed if you knew you were brainwashed, or even would be able to resist it flat out.

Everything is not as it first appears.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge shared is power lost. -- Aleister Crowley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: