Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Defense of Glenn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Rolling Eyes
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsreallyreal wrote:
Mintgurl wrote:
This in no way proves that I was given answers.

Give it up already... The more you guys all LIE to defend yourselves the worse off you are... seriously... The point is not that you got the answers... ANY of us would love inside info... The fact you guys fed into it and then didn;t tell anyone it was hapenning or where the info was from is the bad part... and you never should have had that info if it were not for the PM...

Saffryn wrote:
Yeah as Xry said, I managed to get it on my own, I never show up anymore in the IRC (because when I was telling people how I was coming up with the code, they said it wasn't allowed) I used brute force and a multiple CPUs of processing time. I was told that we weren't allowed to "Brute force" the password because the PMs didn't like it, so I played the game by myself.

I don't...know who Glenn is, nor has he ever talked to me, nor has anyone given me any hints. I barely read these forums and I stopped going into the IRC.

Funy that "Brute force" is not ok but "Inside Information" is no big deal... Rolling Eyes

Ok, I do agree that no Brute force was stupid. But I thought that was based on when Glenn said we couldn't brute force (the WarPyLoL one). I brute forced all of them, either way XD
[21:32] SuperRad7: you in trouble now, boi
[21:32] * Xrynaem cracks his fingers
[21:32] Xrynaem: Bring it!
[21:32] ThaBeave: D IN APHID!
[21:33] Xrynaem: OH SNAP!
[21:33] * ThaBeave KICKS XRY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
canadas_baby
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xrynaem wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
It puts a new spin on things. This is why I trust the creators decision...they've seen more than us...and I'd assume things like this...AND things in defense.

Doesn't matter. A new PM in OpAphid will ruin it. End of discussion. NO ONE can take it over and keep it good.

I completely agree with Xry. If you take away Glen, you take away everything. No one else can continue the game on the way it has been going. I'll go on record and say officially that I have never talked to the PM. Personally, I think everyone should wait until they hear the full story. Do I like the thought that people got inside information? No, but losing Glen is far worse than that. Losing Glen is losing the game.

Oh dear.
Mintgurl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsreallyreal wrote:
Mintgurl wrote:

Give it up already... The more you guys all LIE to defend yourselves the worse off you are... seriously... The point is not that you got the answers... ANY of us would love inside info... The fact you guys fed into it and then didn;t tell anyone it was hapenning or where the info was from is the bad part... and you never should have had that info if it were not for the PM...

Saffryn wrote:
Yeah as Xry said, I managed to get it on my own, I never show up anymore in the IRC (because when I was telling people how I was coming up with the code, they said it wasn't allowed) I used brute force and a multiple CPUs of processing time. I was told that we weren't allowed to "Brute force" the password because the PMs didn't like it, so I played the game by myself.

I don't...know who Glenn is, nor has he ever talked to me, nor has anyone given me any hints. I barely read these forums and I stopped going into the IRC.

Funy that "Brute force" is not ok but "Inside Information" is no big deal... Rolling Eyes

I was never given the answer from the PM. I am not lying.
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mintgurl wrote:
itsreallyreal wrote:
Mintgurl wrote:

Saffryn wrote:

I was never given the answer from the PM. I am not lying.

You aren't alone in that aspect dear. We shared angry words, and how to makes videos, but not much else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadas_baby wrote:
Xrynaem wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
It puts a new spin on things. This is why I trust the creators decision...they've seen more than us...and I'd assume things like this...AND things in defense.

Doesn't matter. A new PM in OpAphid will ruin it. End of discussion. NO ONE can take it over and keep it good.

I completely agree with Xry. If you take away Glen, you take away everything. No one else can continue the game on the way it has been going. I'll go on record and say officially that I have never talked to the PM. Personally, I think everyone should wait until they hear the full story. Do I like the thought that people got inside information? No, but losing Glen is far worse than that. Losing Glen is losing the game.

I agree that OpAphid is useless without Glenn...but this ARG has turned into a farce before this.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
canadas_baby wrote:
Xrynaem wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

I agree that OpAphid is useless without Glenn...but this ARG has turned into a farce before this.

I spent hours working on those puzzles, looking at the videos, listening to the audios and you call it a farce? You aren't insulting the ARG, you're insulting ME
Saffryn
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Xry wrote
Ok, I do agree that no Brute force was stupid. But I thought that was based on when Glenn said we couldn't brute force (the WarPyLoL one). I brute forced all of them, either way XD

Well to be fair it was the other IRC chatters who told me 1. It wouldn't be possible and 2. That we weren't really supposed to be "brute forcing" these clues that it made the PMs mad.

I'm -extremely- out of the loop in the social aspect of this game and a bit naive so I usually believe just about anything the seasoned and more social players tell me heh
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't say the whole time...you were on the thread full of others who spent a ton of time on the ARG saying the same thing...since Human Ransom there really hasn't been an ARG. Unless you are the PM, why would you take that personally? That's silly.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
I didn't say the whole time...you were on the thread full of others who spent a ton of time on the ARG saying the same thing...since Human Ransom there really hasn't been an ARG. Unless you are the PM, why would you take that personally? That's silly.

Because when you call it a farce, you insult all the time I spent trying to decode it. You insult all the time I spent on those videos. We all worked on it. And their hasn't been an ARG since the Human Ransom because Glenn's been writing the LG15 videos. Ding ding ding!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xrynaem wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

Because when you call it a farce, you insult all the time I spent trying to decode it. You insult all the time I spent on those videos. We all worked on it. And their hasn't been an ARG since the Human Ransom because Glenn's been writing the LG15 videos. Ding ding ding!

You need to read what I write instead of going on a tangent like that. I'm not going to defend saying somehting that has been said by die hard veterans in the complaints forum AND the other thread. If that's all you are going to do, then get back on topic and leave my opinion be.

canadas_baby
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xrynaem wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

Not only did the vet players devote so much time to this, and stick by it from the beginning, but think of how much time was taken by anyone who joined late to catch up and read everything, or the people who wrote the huge FAQ and help threads when it all turned canon. Calling it a farce insults a lot of people who devoted time to this.

Oh dear.
Luminous
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So help me out. I'm confused here. OpAphid was a game developed by Glen. He did it for free. He wasn't getting paid for it. It was fan fic. It was a hobby.

Many of the OpAphid fans who came on board and played the game, became tight knit, close friends. Many of them were swapping nude or sexy pics back and forth, all in good, clean, adult fun.

Everyone had tremendous respect for Glenn and wanted to get close to him. I imagine he enjoyed the players, and was haveing a good time himself.

Then, Glenn gets a job offer - to do OpAphid for pay. He suddenly gets very busy and has to adapt the game to a new scenario. His life opens up, he gets tons of opportunity. The game (which he was doing for free) suffers.

Like abandoned lovers, a few mean spirited players who aren't getting what they want the way they want it decide to burn the house down, trashing Glenn, and the entire LG15 community on their way out the door.

I'm simply not willing to give them that much power, and I hope the creators and the constructive part of this community aren't either.

Creators, I hope you are willing to reconsider and bring Glenn back. There is no reason he should be made to suffer over this.

Does anyone else out there see it the way I do?

Note: As for shilling, come on. It's a game guys, get over it. This is being taken way to seriously. If we aren't sharp enough to solve the puzzles, the PM has to do something to move the game along.
Xrynaem
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadas_baby wrote:
Xrynaem wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

Not only did the vet players devote so much time to this, and stick by it from the beginning, but think of how much time was taken by anyone who joined late to catch up and read everything, or the people who wrote the huge FAQ and help threads when it all turned canon. Calling it a farce insults a lot of people who devoted time to this.

The mods who wrote the FAQ threads, the veterans who weren't given answers and solved it on their own, Tiger, myself and others who made videos attempting to explain it. All the research done...there was a lot. Thank you, cb
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadas_baby wrote:
Xrynaem wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

REad what I wrote, please. I'm no noob and the posts you two are making...please...read what I wrote. Rolling Eyes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: