Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iron Pills + Crowley Mass + Bloodletting
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LC
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Iron Pills + Crowley Mass + Bloodletting Reply with quote

A few things led me to this idea and I'm probably not the first to bring it up, but the iron pills, doctor visit, and shot bandaid made me wonder if Bree is anemic? But after reading about Thelema some it became more evident that they seem to believe blood is a life source which they should consume (to receive spiritual power from?) And that possibly the iron pills and doctors visits are related to this. Anyway, I found this excerpt from a Thelema newsletter that relates the blood to Crowleymass...
(Sidenote: I don't neccesarily believe that Crowleymas is the answer to our riddle- because Crowleymass seems like it's open to everyone (not something that would be hard to attend or that Bree's parents would be excluded from) Also the way she described the ceremony it sound like something that happens rarely- not even once a year maybe)

Taken from :http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:exzujUzGSLcJ:www.billheidrick.com/tlc1991/tlc0191.htm+thelema+blood+letting&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=6

Hygiene and the Mass

The Gnostic Mass is the central worship rite of O.T.O, written by Crowley as a celebration of the mysteries and an embodiment of our secrets and traditions. Over the years concerns were been raised by participants and others. Some can't or shouldn't drink alcohol. A health and safety issue regarding the Cakes of Light has been discussed.
Fruit juice may be taken in place of wine by communicants, and in 1983 e.v. a convocation of E.G.C. Bishops made it a rule that disposable cups be available for use during the communication of the sacrament. It is also perfectly appropriate to bring your own cup.
In view of potential health hazards involved with blood, the Bishops in '83 established the following provisions: 1. Cakes of Light should be baked for at least 30 minutes in an oven at a reasonably high temperature; and blood should be added prior to baking, with the Abramelin Oil. 2. Communicants are encouraged to provide their own cakes of light in a wrapper with their name. Such cakes may be reserved on the altar for the exclusive use of those who bring them.
It is important to remember that no drugs or other improper ingredients are allowed in the Cakes of Light, including any Cakes brought to the Mass for personal use. No hash-brownies &c. Also no raisins, nuts, or icing. The proper recipe is just that described below from Liber AL. Abra-Melin oil is now available from a number of occult commercial suppliers; and the recipe for that is given Crowley's Magick in Theory and Practice, The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin the Mage and the Old Testament of the Bible. Wine leavings are the natural sludge found in the bottom of some wine bottles. You can't get it by evaporating a clear red wine on the stove; that's an entirely different substance. Clear wines are fined to remove sediment, and it's the sediment that's used. Cloudy wines can be cleared by introduction of fresh whisked blood, a fining agent used by European vintners. Shake and invert the bottle so the lees will settle, blood and all, into the neck: two ingredients ready to go. This method can also reduce some of the health hazards (not all!) since the blood is slightly sanitized by the alcohol in the wine. The leavings or lees of unpasteurized wine often contain live yeast and can act as leavening. If something cannot be had, do without in making the Cakes; but don't add anything not in the recipe.
Abra-Melin oil and wine lees are the two ingredients hardest to find. A properly made Cake of Light is a type of cinnamon cookie. Abra-Melin oil is a mild antiseptic composed of essential oils of myrrh, cinnamon and galangal diluted with olive oil until it barely stings when placed on the tongue. Galangal was used in the Middle Ages as a pepper substitute. If potable alcohol were used in place of olive oil, you would end up with a simple astringent mouth-wash! I do not suggest a dash of Listerine as a substitute, but some of the cinnamony red gargles do have interesting labels. There is a tooth paste made with myrrh now, but don't use that in the Cakes either. It is possible to make artificial wine lees by taking a half full bottle of red wine (no preservatives or it won't work!) and adding a little sugar and activated yeast. Don't close the bottle or it will explode! If it foams up, it's working. After the foaming stops in a few hours or a day or so, the wine will be cloudy. Introduce your fining agent (blood, remember) and get your lees. Some types of yeast taste better than others. If your Cake of Light is a jaw-breaker, you didn't get good lees into it.

It is sensible to look into alternatives in providing the blood required to make a Cake of Light. Liber AL states:
"The best blood is of the moon, monthly: then the fresh blood of a child, or dropping from the host of heaven: then of enemies; then of the priest or of the worshippers: last of some beast, no matter what." --- AL III,24:
Without attempting to interpret Liber AL, these observations can be made from experience and literature:
1. Menstrual blood has probably been most popular, but it is not considered a good health risk for a congregation. Menses have a chance of containing the female and other principles. See #3 for the male principle.
2. The actual blood of a child, a human minor, is never used under any circumstances. Metaphorically, this ingredient is taken to be a mixture of natural secretions, which in the normal course of nature might contain the elements of conception. This is dangerous in mixed company; aside from any pun, it can act as a vector of disease. See Crowley's comment to the verse; "...applying the knowledge which reposes in the Sanctuary of the Gnosis of the Ninth Degree of O.T.O. The 'child' is 'BABALON and THE BEAST conjoined, the Secret Saviour', that is, the Being symbolized by the Egg and Serpent hieroglyph of the Phoenician adepts."
3. "Blood" dropping from the host of heaven has a special meaning, suggested by Crowley as being the male secretion --- also not appropriate for general congregational use. Crowley's comment again; "The second kind is also a form of BAPHOMET, but differs from the 'child' in that it is the Lion-Serpent in its original form."
4. Blood of enemies might be appropriate for a soldier in the heat of battle, but seems unsuited to a friendly gathering.
5. Blood of the priest or the worshippers is the suggestion of the Bishops in 1983 e.v. Bring your own, neatly baked.
6. Blood of any beast is appropriate for cakes in general communion. It should not be obtained by sacrifice or deliberate bloodletting, but from your friendly local butcher shop. This is a common food commodity, without which it would be impossible to make an impressive line of sausages and dainties available in any well-stocked delicatessen. Sacrifice of animals only makes sense when slaughter for food is a common part of a culture. It is no big thing to say a prayer of thanks over your pot chicken before you swing, bop, chop or snick it. If you live on a farm, why not. Just don't go killing anything for O.T.O., thank you. Hunters generally don't get the time to be fancy. For more on sacrifice, see "From the Out Basket" in this issue.
I suppose someone might be minded to bring their own blood for adding to incomplete Cakes of Light, or possibly a lancet for bloodletting. In the humble opinion of this writer; "Yecht!" Certain things do not belong at an open attendance occasion. It ill behooves us to invite opprobrium all over our nice clean rituals and stuff.

The use of blood in the Cakes of Light, either literal blood or a metaphor of blood, is a necessity in a properly done Gnostic Mass.
"For perfume mix meal & honey & thick leavings of red wine: then oil of Abramelin and olive oil, and afterward soften & smooth down with rich fresh blood." --- AL III,23:
"This burn: of this make cakes & eat unto me. This hath also another use; let it be laid before me, and kept thick with perfumes of your orison: it shall become full of beetles as it were and creeping things sacred unto me." --- AL III,25:
Just be thankful it isn't the beetles!
It is unnecessary to use anything which may adversely effect or endanger the health of any person before, during or after the Mass. All those who attend the Mass should communicate, except on those occasions, including marriage, where a special order of service is provided. Private Masses and Masses of the Holy Spirit between two celebrants may make very appropriate use of the highest forms noted above. For a general congregational Mass, options 5 and 6 are the way to go. Certifying the priestess pure and without spot every moon would be expensive and impractical however much we might like to think of the the lady as choice or prime. Besides, it would be distracting to have that big purple stamp on the lady's ... ahem!
--- the Hermit Bishop of Marin.

[url][/url]
tannhaus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Iron Pills + Crowley Mass + Bloodletting Reply with quote

LC wrote:
A few things led me to this idea and I'm probably not the first to bring it up, but the iron pills, doctor visit, and shot bandaid made me wonder if Bree is anemic? But after reading about Thelema some it became more evident that they seem to believe blood is a life source which they should consume (to receive spiritual power from?) And that possibly the iron pills and doctors visits are related to this. Anyway, I found this excerpt from a Thelema newsletter that relates the blood to Crowleymass...

First, you're confusing two things. Crowleymas is Crowley's birth. It's on October 12th. There is no strict ritual associated with Crowleymas. And it's not really a somber affair as you can see at:

http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/Thelemic_Holidays

Various other events in the career of Aleister Crowley are sometimes recognized with holidays. His birth on October 12 is "Crowleymas," an occasion often celebrated with comical rites.

To put it in perspective, most Thelemites probably don't celebrate Crowleymas since it's not an official holiday. But, the first OTO body I belonged to did. We took a little Christmas tree, decorated it with little plaster of paris penises...stuck a unicursal hexagram on top..and threw a party. That was it.

Now the Gnostic Mass is an actual mass ceremony...modeled after the Catholic Mass. That is what your info refers to.

As far as the Eucharist, maybe this will explain it more:

http://www.hermetic.com/crowley/aba/chap20.html

But, in practice what you're dealing with is a few drops of semen, menstrual blood, regular blood, or whatever. You're not speaking of a great loss of blood...or even a significant loss of blood.

What you end up with usually looks like a little cookie with a cross on it...and it has a honey cinammon taste to it. They're actually pretty good.

But, there's no way this would be responsible for her needing iron pills...or any noticable loss of blood in anyone. We're talking about drops..and most likely it's menstrual blood or sexual fluids...which don't require extra bloodletting at all.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as blood or bodily fluids being required...it's actually something that is shied away from in this day of AIDS.
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
As far as blood or bodily fluids being required...it's actually something that is shied away from in this day of AIDS.

very true. Most priestesses I know nowadays use animal blood. Not from a sacrifice - from a butcher.
GimmeYourForever
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
tannhaus wrote:

very true. Most priestesses I know nowadays use animal blood. Not from a sacrifice - from a butcher.

Which is exactly what the rest of the original post said if anyone bothered to keep reading.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the attitude? Why is everyone getting attitude with these two? They weren't trying to be condescending or snarky! Calm down people, good grief!

I've said my piece and counted to three.
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
Why the attitude? Why is everyone getting attitude with these two? They weren't trying to be condescending or snarky! Calm down people, good grief!

What's with your attitude??? Oh yeah, you appointed yourself the protector of "these two"....

Anyway, if "these two" would stop harping on every little thing and actually give other people enough credit to actually READ through their entire posts, then maybe people wouldn't continually have a problem with "these two".

My favorite, so far, has to be when SFonzarelli first decided to be the protector of "these two" and the Thelemite religion, and opened up an entire thread dedicated to this pursuit, replete with a long opening post which itemized what he best surmised to be Thelemites actual beliefs, based on his research of Thelemite material.

To my knowledge, the only responses he ever received in that thread were from "these two", who responded with several posts that gave their wannabe protector grief over the mistakes he had made. I left that entire thread alone - with friends like "these two", SFonzarelli doesn't need enemies!!! LOLMAO!!!

So enjoy your newly self-appointed status, Kasdeja, and may you receive the same treatment that your predecessor did. Laughing
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't appoint myself as anything, but it seems sometimes people take are predetermined to take offense, even when it's blatantly not meant to offend. I'm not looking at anyone while I say this... Shocked

Pardon me for having an open mind and a pleasant attitude towards all people...well, until they insult me.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

I think they're past the point of actually trying to be jackasses.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

Only when people troll around to find opportunities to insult them for no reason.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
spaciegirl wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

Only when people troll around to find opportunities to insult them for no reason.

My point is to say that that they are condescending and snarky. If that insults them or anyone else, so be it. I have every right to say that..and I am not obligated to defend nor explain my intentions.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
My point is to say that that they are condescending and snarky.

WE're condescending and snarky? Oh, that's rich. You've got some serious mental issues there.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's clear that you desperately need to be right..so I'll just agree with you and say that I am, clearly, mentally inept. And I see now that when you thought it was so wrong that I, according to you, attacked you for attacking people....it obviously must still be acceptable for you to insinuate that I have some sort of mental problem. That's obviously not some sort of attack but a clear concise statement of absolute truth which you feel is your duty to convey to people in a Lonelygirl15 forum. I hope you are being rewarded for all your good work here. I love you.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the people who find their posts as snarky and offensive are the minority...and maybe they should drop it and let the argumentative crap subside.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minority or not..that's irrelevant. It's officially dropped anyway because it's pointless to go back and forth. I said what I had to say and I'm just sorry that more people haven't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: