Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LA Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you attend a lonelygirl15 convention in LA California?
Yes
34%
 34%  [ 36 ]
No, unfortunately I wouldnt be able to attend
65%
 65%  [ 67 ]
Total Votes : 103

betz28
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooo...i would def try to make it!! that's just around the corner...have a few weddings in june...hope it works out!
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I was worried about, too - the short notice - both for venue and for people.

I also think we may need to put something in one of the "upper" areas soon - to let folks know we're talking, so we can get a good idea of how many people we're talking about...and to get input from more folks, possibly, too...

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a poll in the first section. Also, someone should go on the chat page and steer people toward the poll. I'd be happy to do that if somebody wants to create the poll first.
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think given the time frame, the planning should be along the lines of a single organized "fan party" (then individuals can do whatever meet-ups they want on the side) rather than anything approaching a "convention." Otherwise, it is simply not going to come together.

If July time frame turns out to be an option (stretching the original May/June mentioned by the Creators), an event planned before or after the huge 2007 Comic-Con in San Diego July 26-29 would make sense for out-of-town visitors. (San Diego is about 130 miles south of L.A.). Preview events for Comic-Con start Wednesday, July 25, but the majority of attendees go for the weekend events Fri - Sun.

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/index.shtml

I would suggest aiming for Thurs July 26, or Mon July 30 for the LG15 fan party in L.A. (assuming one of these days works for the Creators). You could do something the evening of Sunday July 29, but it would need to be closer to San Diego for Comic-Con folks to make it in any kind of comfort (the convention ends Sunday at 5pm).
shayna327
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, this is such a cool idea Smile
im not in cali, but im close, i would be there
also, spreading the word on the comment board. Wink
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but most folks who go to Comic-Con don't stay till 5 pm Sunday, unless they have children. Sunday is Kids' Day, and there's not much else interesting going on. Pretty much everyone I know leaves the con on Sunday morning, unless they're a pro or an exhibitor and have to stick around for that reason.

A Sunday evening party in LA -- say, starting at 6 or 7 pm -- would be extremely doable for most Comic-Con attendees, unless they had flights out of San Diego that left too early. That would be especially true if the party included dinner.

May or June would definitely be too early for me. I'm already booked up, especially for May.
chershaytoute

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also thinking that a lot of folks would find things more doable, especially with short notice, if we looked at the weekend, rather than a weekday or a Sunday night (going into a weekday)...

Creators? Could things happen for y'all later than May/June?

betz28
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chershaytoute wrote:
I'm also thinking that a lot of folks would find things more doable, especially with short notice, if we looked at the weekend, rather than a weekday or a Sunday night (going into a weekday)...

Creators? Could things happen for y'all later than May/June?

i would love for it to be a little later as well....
The Creators
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Later is better. May/June is incredibly hectic for us. July/August would be better. Thanks!

Miles
Jo_16_2
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn i wish i could make it! why do i have to live in the other side of the ocean? Sad
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to bring up the notion expressed earlier in this thread regarding other smaller "sub-conferences" in other areas of the country (and, if possible, the world). While the small conferences across the nation probably wouldn't be as inclusive as the main one in LA or another part of California, these sub-cons will be ideal for those avid LG15 fans unable to gather together or manage with the monetary and time constraints. Like the aforementioned postings in this thread, if we could come up with a specific date and denote con leaders in different areas of the country to handle many aspects of the conference (depending on interest in the surrounding area), that'd be swell!

Of course, the main Cali conference would (hopefully) be attended by the cast and Crew and other special activities unavailable to the sub-cons. Nevertheless, I think the prospect of downscaled get-togethers for members across the nation would be well-received.

I really hope this becomes more than talk in the long run. Smile

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
Cuddlebunni
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.. I am really glad to see this old thread resurrected!

Good to see people actually getting interested in this again.

Lets spread the word guys... Im sure we can turn this into something amazing.

ForeverMourn is my LG15 soulmate. Smile
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you selected a venue? Have you called for reservation information? this is paramount! You'll have a snowball chance in h-e-double-hockey-sticks if you wait! CALL!
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at this point, knowing the schedule that the creators are probably looking at (and i think Cuddles will agree here)
if the creators want a hand in this, they are going to have to take the planning from here on, and do it.

so...

MILES, unless you want to let us know when and where you guys were thinking...and maybe some secrets while your at it....I think you may have to the reservations yourself.

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chershaytoute

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mincartaugh has the right of it here. If we're to make reservations, we need to do so sooner than soon...but we need to base them on what we're doing and how many we're doing with...

Creators, when and where would be BEST? Personally, I am thinking that the longest possible lead time would be the best in the long run, reservation-wise.

FP, I agree. I tell folks all the time that I'm a championship fence sitter. What that means, in essence, is that I'm really big on something for everyone. I love the idea of gatherings for everyone...it might be worthwhile exploring the idea of doing things at the same time...and having live-feed?...that way we can all be at all the gatherings at once...if we have someone savvy enough to figure that one out. My, I was raised when the first Star Trek came out. I know everything is possible. I just don't know how to do any of it. IOW, someone, anyone? HELP? Smile

Kelly, I'd just as soon our Fearless Leaders (aka The Creators) kept on keepin' on making videos...which is why I'm jumping in with both feet here... <smile> This is something I do...and that I'm good at... (both the jumping in with both feet on stuff...and the pulling together of things... <chuckle>) We can check in with them as we need to for input, I think.

That said, I don't want to step on the toes of the folks who got this rolling initially... I'm in Oregon, and I don't know the area as well as I used to (though I grew up in So. Cal), but I'm a wiz at working the phones and at organizing (especially with help - hints to any and everybody!!) I also no longer work, so I have one heckuva lot of time to do what's needed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 6 of 17

Jump to: