Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am 98% sure I know what the ceremony is.(possible spoiler)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViaTheInternet
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: I am 98% sure I know what the ceremony is.(possible spoiler) Reply with quote

Okay, to be completely honest here I stumbled on this on accident. I've had this book for quite a while and never got around to doing anything more then skimming. Well, I got to reading it a few days ago and was literally in laughter at the fact that it seems this whole thing was right under my nose.

Here goes.. and before I say a WORD please please please read all of this and DO NOT go out and purchase this book without doing so. It is potentially extremely dangerous and I know when I was young I used to think occult things were toys and no big deal.. and as many LG15ers are young.. just please please use extreme caution. I am not trying to be part of the story here with these dramatics either.. I am completely serious.. DO NOT "use" the book if you intend to purchase and read it.

The book is called "Necronomicon"

It speaks repeatedly about Crowley and mentions Denderah.
It speaks of watchers.
It speaks of a ceremony where the person chosen to completely it must be completely pure, mind and body. This person must learn symbols and ancient words and walks and movements in walking, be intelligent.. The ceremony is best done outside or in a room with a bare ceiling.. no hanging lights or anything of the sort.. the person who does the ceremony has a watcher and cannot be harmed and if he/she is not willing to do the ceremony it wont work out.. so he/she has to be willing.

The ceremony is in the chapters called The Incantations of the Gates and The Conjuration of the Fire God.

And for those of you that do OpAphid (i dont really.. so Im not sure where the story is at), each of the gates and their gatekeepers have symbols.. and on he 6th gate (Marduk is the gatekeeper, greatly affiliated with Crowley and considered the Lord of Magick) there are symbols... which 2 of them put together.. *dun dun dunnnn* make the OpAphid video symbol.

Anyhow.. its extremely late and I dont have the time to go thru videos to see pics of the symbols to try and match up and what not.. but I really think I may be correct here guys.

Now a message to the creators:
If I am correct and this is where the ideas came from... please I hope you are being super careful. Dont use correct pronunciations and if you did edit the symbols to make the OpAphid symbol then thats good... means you're playing it safe and not using real symbols. Just keep being safe.. because as the book says clearly.. "there are NO effective banishings for the forces invoked in the Necronomicon itself!"

Thanks guys.

-via
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome ViaTheInternet! You may want to check out the H.P. Lovecraft section in LGpedia HERE
ViaTheInternet
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heya.. thanks :]

This isnt the book written by H.P. Lovecraft tho.. its a book written about the book written by H.P. Lovecraft, lol.

edit: I believe the ceremony is the same that is in Lovecrafts book tho.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough, Necronomicon was not actually a book written by Lovecraft. It was referred to in some of his literary works but really existed only in Lovecrafts imagination. Later authors and film makers took those original ideas and expanded them into a dark gothic horror-like mythology.
ladysolitary85
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I think you've done your homework Smile
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading this, all I could think about was Evil Dead.
xovonchezio
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely /have/ to read that book now. If it has Crowley, Denderah, the ceremony, Watchers, and the Watcher symbol in it... I'm hooked already!
And you mentioned that the person doing the ceremony had to be completely pure... well, that's why Bree had a purity bond!
You said it was based on Lovecraft... well, that's strange. I'm not exactly sure how Lovecraft and Cthulhu fit in.

Btw, is it fiction or nonfiction?

R.I.P. Drew Avery and Isaac Gilman
jonasrawks
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work via!
ViaTheInternet
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainer101 wrote:
Oddly enough, Necronomicon was not actually a book written by Lovecraft. It was referred to in some of his literary works but really existed only in Lovecrafts imagination.

Sounds like YOU'VE done your homework. :] That is exactly correct and makes a lot of sense considering Lovecraft denied the existance of the Book of the Dead (Necronomicon) and also considering I couldn't find it myself with simple searches.
I'd be interested in seeing exactly what Lovecraft said about the book in his published and unpublished texts.

It is entirely possible that the all the works having to do with the Necronomicon including its main book are fiction. It is entirely possible that the Bible is fiction. At the end of the day, its what you choose to believe.. either way.. I'm not messin with the incantations, lol.

And as per a little more info.. this isnt a religion. It is possible they do things in groups or "orders" and some of the activities sound as tho its nessecary to have more then a couple people there.. but mainly it is about invoking demon spirit.. raising dead power.. not good stuff, lol.

I'm gonna keep reading when I get some time and come back if I find anything else.

*meep* ;D
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though Necronomicon is a compilation of fictional works, that doesn't mean it's not a possible influence on the story. There are a number of different versions by different authors. For anyone wanting to check one out, this one seems to be closest to the accounts you reference. CLICK HERE
ViaTheInternet
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think that one is different.. talks about the same things but words and graphics are different.. Im going to try and take a pic about the gate picture for the 6th Gate (Marduk's) that I was talking about.. because the picture is much different on that site.
ViaTheInternet
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah.. ok. after going thru all the trouble to take a picture of the book with my phone, uploading it and getting the link here.. I find out that all thats wrong with that particular part of the site is that he has gate 5 and gate 6 mixed up.

but here is the picture anyway.. since I went thru the trouble.

trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... yup, that's the same one. Well, at least we saved people from running to Barnes and Noble and spending money for it. Laughing
silvermoon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: I am 98% sure I know what the ceremony is.(possible spoi Reply with quote

ViaTheInternet wrote:

Now a message to the creators:
If I am correct and this is where the ideas came from... please I hope you are being super careful. Dont use correct pronunciations and if you did edit the symbols to make the OpAphid symbol then thats good... means you're playing it safe and not using real symbols. Just keep being safe.. because as the book says clearly.. "there are NO effective banishings for the forces invoked in the Necronomicon itself!"

I'm not going to comment on whether I believe the book is "real" or not, but I do want to comment about the "don't use correct pronunciation" statement. I once took a class where they covered Enochian (very briefly) while talking about another subject. The teacher of the class, explained that no one really knew the correct pronunciations, but if you were ever to try to use them, to just pronounce them the best way that you can.

He made the example that if you went to another country and someone unfamiliar with the pronunciation of your name called out to you by name-- it might not be the correct way to say your name, but you would probably recognize it as your name and respond to it.

He explained to us that it would be the same for those who would be "listening" for the words we might speak. Though they might not be completely correct, they would be recognized and responded to.

So don't think that you can speak something like that aloud and just use the wrong pronunciation. If there is any truth to any of it, it can still be recognized and possibly responded to. If you are unsure of what you are doing or how to reverse something in the occult, best to just leave it completely alone.
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this would be the Simonian Necronomicon, then? For more information on that, you can check the Wikipedia article on it or go here or check out an opposing viewpoint or just Google it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: