Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Alex telling the truth?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is she?
Yes
47%
 47%  [ 20 ]
No
52%
 52%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 42

FH14
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Is Alex telling the truth? Reply with quote

I'm not sure. Here's why:

Alex: (appears on the brink of crying) I know, and I'm sorry, but you have to know the Order had nothing to do with that, he was operating under differ--

Bree: Shut up! Shut up.

Alex: It's true though, we would never do anything like that to you, you have to do the Ceremony on your own--

She's right though. Doesn't the Ceremony have to be performed by Someone who is WILLING to do it.

But then again:

Alex: You don't understand what it's like for me, okay? Neither of you, so...

Daniel: I don't think you even understand what it was like for us.

Alex: I just found out about that, and I am very sorry. I am not happy about it, I did not know about that, I didn't know it was going to happen.

I do believe she wasn't happy about it, judging from when she was on the phone, but she just seemed to confirm that the Order DID kidnap them, contradicting herself.

I dunno... what does everyone else think?
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she is telling the truth.. 'cus she looks so sad
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After that evil speech she gave at the end of "Alex is..." I cannot believe she is anything but evil (and possibly an android). Shocked
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she is telling the truth.

I really just think that the order used her to convey a message, and that she didn't know what extent the order was going to go to with her nephew

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
7Harry7Potter7
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

janesalteredstates wrote:
After that evil speech she gave at the end of "Alex is..." I cannot believe she is anything but evil (and possibly an android). Shocked

Yeah, I agree.

Coming July 21, 2007!!!!!!!

784 pages
anniid
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think she is deserting the order...she's at least resisting their control over her.
I believe the Order (or a faction of the order at the least) kidnapped them, and she is not part of that mindset -- that they should be coerced into doing the ceremony or going home or anything. We saw the private videos, we know the order sent it out.
wh_pirate
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic: Harry, I luv your avitar. Heroes rocks.

OK back on topic: I think she is a really good lier on some of the things. When she said she didn't know that they were gonna be kidnapped, yeah she knew. But she didn't know they were gonna be drugged.

And to contridict (sp?) myself...
Quote:
After that evil speech she gave at the end of "Alex is..." I cannot believe she is anything but evil (and possibly an android).

I agree with you jane.
Leaven
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope she is lying.
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could trust her, but I just can't. No matter how convincing she is. If further proof backs her up, fine, but her word definitely isn't enough for me.
mellie3204
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe she is telling the truth... but what is truth and where can your loyalties lie if you're completely ensconced in Order life?

She obviously knew that those other people besides Jonas's parents had disappeared...

She as much as admitted she knows what happened to his parents...

She was really, really bitchey about it...

And now, she says she's sorry and is all conflicted?

Yet, I do think she's telling the truth about being upset at someone for trying to subvert Bree's free will. However, that doesn't mean she's turing anti-Order, or wouldn't help to take out someone who is.

In fact, I think it just means she is as Order as ever... she believes totally that Bree has to do the ceremony by their rules.

Ebil Aunty Alex, I don't trust you one bit.
cbizzle44
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think she joined the order for its front, and doesn't like what goes on on the inside. "hymn of one" is all about free will, and that's probably why she joined. now that she has more of a role within the order, she's seeing that a lot of what they do goes against the values of the religion itself. so she is telling the truth, but i still don't think she's going to leave the order any time soon.

oh, it's what you do to me

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=clarazzle44- in a youtubian world
asti
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Lying by omission Reply with quote

Lying by not providing information - In the phone call Daniel recorded when it seemed she was unaware of being observed, she stated she was not a good liar. She was able to lie by omission in the recent face to face questioning by not providing details of what she knew. She just emphasized what she didn't know without providing what she did know (the name of their abductor and their status in the order, and why Bree was selected). There is probably a lot more that she knows that was omitted from what she did say.

mellie3204 and janesalteredstates made points I agree with in their posts above.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think she's telling the truth, but not because of what she said in this video. During her phonecall the Daniel overheard in "Lying Bastards"...

Quote:
Alex: Yes, they called me. No, because--I do care because it's a violation of free will and you know... I know my principles, do you want me to recite them for you? I didn't know you were going to do anything... It's horribly upsetting, all right, I don't like lying. (She cuts a lime in half.) It goes against... because he's my nephew!... Okay.

She didn't know they were going to do anything (this also implies that the people who did this WERE Order people...or who the heck is she talking with)...and she doesn't like lying...But the "Okay" rather makes it sound like she's agreeing...

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
Kanazaka
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it all depends on what you mean by truth. So, I think that Alex is telling the truth as she sees it and wants it to be--that is, she is being "truthy" (there's one for you, CNG Wink !). IMHO, Alex knew that the Order was going to kidnap Bree, Daniel and Jonas, but she did not know the details of the interrogation until after the three escaped from "crazy guy". "Crazy guy" probably acted of his own free will and abused his power, thus disobeying the tenets of the Order (in stifling the trio's collective free will). The watcher probably killed "crazy guy" because the Order found out about his abuse of power. In regards to "You don't know what it's like for me ...", Alex is probably conflicted about enacting any physical and/or emotional harm upon her nephew; we don't have any hard evidence otherwise. Yes, there was the "Alex Is ..." video, but the Order possibly told her to give her speech about Jonas' parents and other matters. She wants to believe that the Order is doing the right thing, even if the evidence contradicts that, or, barring that, she wants Daniel, Jonas and Bree to believe that she feels this way--even if, again, evidence points to the contrary.
cosmicdancer
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Alex is hiding something about her involvement with the Order. Something she is not happy about. Which would have sparked the "You don't know what it's like for me" comment. And I'm thinking she shared some of it with D & B after the camera was initially shut off.

edit to add

Last edited by cosmicdancer on Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: