Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Idea

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: An Idea Reply with quote

You seem pretty upset with Alex in the new vid. I don't blame you one bit, but I have to ask, how far would you be willing to go to get the information you need out of her? I don't suggest detaining her or torturing her. The former could get legally dicey and the latter not only shares the legality issues but are also questionable morally.

There is, however, the question of trust. Can you trust her? Can you trust that this isn't all an act to get the three of you to trust her again? There are ways to find out. Hypnosis is one way, though be warned, people can still lie under hypnosis. The other way that came to mind immediately would be a bit of turnabout.

You guys have funds you can dip into since you can buy drinks, though I'm not sure quite how much you have. If you have enough money, you could theoretically try getting your hands on some "truth serum" aka Sodium thiopental aka sodium pentothal. Yes, it's still morally questionable, but less so than other methods of prying information from her.
Claramata
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sodium pentothal is dicey not just in the morality department but in the effectiveness department, it doesn't always work.

I'd suggest not trusting her at all, but letting her believe you trust her, a bit of acting if it were. Never let your guard down around Alex, at all.
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it is this: She betrayed her own nephew. Using sodium pentothal on an innocent person is morally dicey. Using sodium pentothal on her, though, not quite so much, since we know she's up to no good anyway. And if she's genuinely telling the truth, she should understand why the truth serum would be necessary.

I also agree with the idea of not letting your guard down around her one bit. She is not to be trusted, no matter what she does or says.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esteed wrote:
The way I see it is this: She betrayed her own nephew. Using sodium pentothal on an innocent person is morally dicey. Using sodium pentothal on her, though, not quite so much, since we know she's up to no good anyway.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Not to say that you should totally trust her outright, Daniel, but taking the level playing field with the enemy when you had the moral highround before doesn't seem like the way to go to me.

Which is to say: Don't force it on her. If she truly does want to help, like Esteed said, she'd consent to the use of a truth serum.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't trust Alex at all, for the simple fact that she looked like she went into another "mode" (for lack of a better word) when she saw Bree at the door. There was a visible change in her demeanor.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, they don't make a right. But when you've got an enemy with such a vast amount of resources nipping at your heels, sometimes you can't afford to do what's right, only what's best. That said, I don't necessarily think you should force it on her overtly. Be subtle about it.

Ultimately, do what you feel you need to do. If you think the truth serum is crossing a line, don't do it. But give serious thought to the precautions you'll take and the information you'll need to stay a step ahead of your enemies in the Order.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Beast Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: