Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sub-topics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rupaZer0
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: sub-topics Reply with quote

We all know that there is a problem with people not having the time to read twenty-odd pages of comments before posting their own. Perhaps the forum would benefit from a sub-topic feature.

Here's how it works: there is a margin on one side of the topic that lists sub-topics that have been discussed. By clicking on a sub-topic you can read all the messages that deal with that sub-topic. Of course, you don't have to read all the messages; this should give people an easy way of getting a flavour for what has already been discussed.

When making a post there would be an extra box in which you would tag your message with the sub-topics it deals with. Hopefully the sub-topic margin/box will be visible somewhere so that people can check their spelling of the tags so we don't end up with several sub-topics that are basically the same thing.

For example, sub-topic tags in
this topic might include:
* bathroom camera
* mystery marksman
* mystery gunshot victim
* man in shoes
* camera effect
* camera construction
* Bree's behaviour

I hope you're able to make such a change as I think it would be beneficial if not a perfect solution. I know the onus is on users to write accurate tags but I'm sure a lot of us will.[/url]
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other people with that is people could tag things differently then you have 4 tags/ sub topics, yet they are all talking about the same thing. Plus most people like to combine everything they have to say in one long post (especially the first post they make) so I'm not sure how much this would actually help or if it would make a bigger mess. Anyways just my opinion.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do wish we could have sub-topics. Unfortunately, that isn't supported in the software. We're left with categories, forums, and then topics. We try to keep things organized as best we can.
rupaZer0
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShardinsKitten wrote:
The other people with that is people could tag things differently then you have 4 tags/ sub topics, yet they are all talking about the same thing. Plus most people like to combine everything they have to say in one long post (especially the first post they make) so I'm not sure how much this would actually help or if it would make a bigger mess. Anyways just my opinion.

Sorry, I must have been unclear. I tried to cover this with the fact that tags by nature can cover more than one thing and with the list of tags visible on the write a post screen. Of course some people would screw it up, but it's still got to be an improvement, right?

But if the software is someone else's writing then nothing can be done. Okay. I would suggest that someone maintain a summary screen for the discussion on the wiki page for the video, but I can't volunteer for that and I doubt anyone else can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: