Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

24 in 24: How can it be done?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if we organized an "24 fan vids in 24 hours" event?
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUDE!!!!!

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!

I think we should do it. I would definately be in.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:

I can't see Miles approving a new vid. every hour--you'd have to do it on YouTube.

BTW way to derail your own concept! We were making a strong case!
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the 12 in 12 idea. But you'd have to show it on a weekend, or else I would want to kill someone. Showing it at night would be cool. Maybe it could start in the afternoon and go on into night, so we still get spooky dark environment without being up at 6 A.M. thinking we're going to pass out.

I know that I would be more than willing to give the Creators as long as they needed to get this done. Of course, I would whine about the wait, but it would definitely be worth it.

What would be even cooler is if they didn't tell us when they would start work. Like, leave off on a video of Bree saying something like "I feel like something bad is about to happen," and then BAM silence for two weeks or so.
During this silence, they could have HoO actually answer our emails or something, so we don't go into shock without videos.

Annnnnnd yeah I'm done.
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
QtheC wrote:

I can't see Miles approving a new vid. every hour--you'd have to do it on YouTube.

BTW way to derail your own concept! We were making a strong case!
Well... I view anything the fans might do as more of a way to further inspire the Creators to do something along the same lines... fans also might be able to explore in a rough way some of the ideas developed in this thread, to illustrate possible approaches.

A fan effort would almost certainly be a more of a grab-bag of videos... having an "event" where a lot are released in a single day is more a way to encourage more fan videos and promote the "24 in 24" concept.
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking a cooperative melding of the two concepts would be good.

The idea goes like this: DB&J hear of a webcast convention being held in LA. The Order has been breathing down their necks so they figure what better way to get aid and loose their tail than to go to said convention.

The whole thing can be shot at the convention being planned for this summer and the entire group of conventioneers can act as interns and extras to the cast and crew. Off camera it would be an LG15 convention with a special "prize" event where the winner gets to have LG15 film in their home town with the winner having a walk-on part for a few episodes.

The on-camera event would culminate with DB&J meeting a fan who knows their predicament and helps them disappear by taking them along home.

Just as we do in character postings, the conventioneers would do in character cameos, asking about and commenting on the health and happiness of the group. You could even do it ad-lib! Surely with so much help the Creators could pull a 12 hour out of their hat.

What do you think?
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mincartaugh wrote:
The whole thing can be shot at the convention being planned for this summer and the entire group of conventioneers can act as interns and extras to the cast and crew. Off camera it would be an LG15 convention with a special "prize" event where the winner gets to have LG15 film in their home town with the winner having a walk-on part for a few episodes.

The on-camera event would culminate with DB&J meeting a fan who knows their predicament and helps them disappear by taking them along home.

Just as we do in character postings, the conventioneers would do in character cameos, asking about and commenting on the health and happiness of the group. You could even do it ad-lib! Surely with so much help the Creators could pull a 12 hour out of their hat.

What do you think?
I'm not sure I totally understand this suggestion, but I'll just run with it anyway... Wink

So, the LG15 fan event (meeting in L.A. this August) would also be a sort of "LARP" (Live Action Role Play), but it might work something like this:

Participants show up with a slew of video cameras and WIFI ready laptops for filming and uploading videos. A "leader" helps them break up into small teams of 2-4 people (cameraman + 1-3 actors) and hands out small "assignment" mission cards ... something to either do while video-taping or a topic suggestion to make a video about (this could be ARG-like with specific places to go and film at and characters to play, or could be more of a suggested topic - something like that).

Then, 24 hours later, everyone uploads their videos to the "leader" account, who begins releasing them to the internet. The production of the videos would be essentially limited to 24 hours since the topics would not go out until the start of the L.A. event.

Fans who cannot attend the actual event in L.A. could participate from their home locations, interacting with the "leader" online.

Then we can poll for fan favorites and the Creators can choose their favorites. The reward could be an opportunity to collaborate with the Creators on a script for a video starring some of the LG15 actors.... Bree vs. Gemma Kung-Fu Fighting, here I come!
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's another idea...

How about between now and April 24, we independently make a bunch of fan videos on the topic of the title of this thread, namely:

"24 Videos in 24 Hours" (how can it be done ... should it be done)?

Each video would be:

... an example of a bunch of mini-videos showing what a series might include (kind of along the lines of what Immortal1 was describing, but in video form)...

... or these could be about other aspects, such as how fans might prepare for such an event with a group of friends, a couch, snacks, feeding tubes...

... or (for Hyemew) a video about why this is a terrible idea.
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:
mincartaugh wrote:
What do you think?
I'm not sure I totally understand this suggestion, but I'll just run with it anyway... Wink
So, the LG15 fan event (meeting in L.A. this August) would also be a sort of "LARP" (Live Action Role Play), but it might work something like this:
Participants show up with a slew of video cameras and WIFI ready laptops for filming and uploading videos. A "leader" helps them break up into small teams of 2-4 people (cameraman + 1-3 actors) and hands out small "assignment" mission cards ... something to either do while video-taping or a topic suggestion to make a video about (this could be ARG-like with specific places to go and film at and characters to play, or could be more of a suggested topic - something like that).
Then, 24 hours later, everyone uploads their videos to the "leader" account, who begins releasing them to the internet. The production of the videos would be essentially limited to 24 hours since the topics would not go out until the start of the L.A. event.
Fans who cannot attend the actual event in L.A. could participate from their home locations, interacting with the "leader" online.
Then we can poll for fan favorites and the Creators can choose their favorites. The reward could be an opportunity to collaborate with the Creators on a script for a video starring some of the LG15 actors.... Bree vs. Gemma Kung-Fu Fighting, here I come!

Wow! That's much more do-able. You really refined and improved the idea! Way to Go! Smile
I think the videos should be uploaded to the Creators to coordinate and splice if necessary instead of the online "Leader" but that's the only change I'd make. What really bums me out is that due to a handicap, I can't make the convention so I'd miss the fun.
silvermoon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mincartaugh wrote:
What really bums me out is that due to a handicap, I can't make the convention so I'd miss the fun.

Well, I think that those of us who can't make the actual convention should be given the opportunity to contribute something as well. Maybe best "spliced and diced" video, where we take parts of old videos, adding new elements that we have taped perhaps. Or maybe some sort of interaction video, where we warn the group of something we saw online at the convention (like Bree warning B&J about Lucy's picture at the party).

Can't leave out the fans who can't jump at a moments notice and fly across the country. I'm sure we'd all be there if we could Wink
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I think this is a phenomenal idea!! Wow, and whoa, and why in the world are you people such talented thinkers!! <absolutely the biggest smile ever!>

I am not as tech-savvy as I'd like to be, but I will have a wifi-type laptop with me, and I'll buy a darned vid camera before the event, if I can get someone to advise me on what to get (PMs and IMs, folks, please!) - not too spendy! <chuckle> I am thinking this could really add to the experience, not only for folks who are there, but, to a remarkable degree, to folks who aren't!

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me want.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
PushedButton
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're so into the idea why don't you come back next week when you've made it and impress us all?

Personally I can throw together a 2 minute video in about 45 mins with some very basic editing and practically no scripting and no retakes, let alone special effects, getting to locations and the desire to sleep. I'm sure the creators work a little harder than I do on their videos than I do on mine. 24 episodes in 24 hours? it would be all filler.
mincartaugh
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PushedButton wrote:
24 episodes in 24 hours? it would be all filler.
You aren't getting it. You, working alone, can do it in 12 times the vid time. What if you weren't alone? What if you had upwards of 25 people helping you write, shoot, cut? Could you do it then? Keep in mind, this is 24 (3 minute) episodes, not 24 hours of episodes. Also, the 24 in 24 wasn't what the idea finally mutated to. The final mutation was 24 episodes shot in 24 hours, but not created in 24 hours. Get my drift?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: