Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's official!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tannhaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keevy06 wrote:
Isn't this supposed to be a 'game'.. you know ... game = fun? Lighten up people, geesh. I wasn't attacking anyone's beliefs, I wasn't insulting anyone there is no need for hostility. If I hurt your feelings I'll apologize but save the anger for the bedroom it's more useful there... Thanks Tannhaus

Well, I think at first people wanted to spout off anything about Crowley and Thelema that they could think of. Then, when Thelemites came in to actually defend themselves and set the records straight, they wanted to attack the thelemites. Now it seems like they've grown tired of that for the most part...everyone is discussing things, joking around and having a decent time...

And now we've got people coming in to protest attacking people....by attacking people. Shocked
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't really refering to you and I'm not trying to be mean.. I'm just pointing out that this is entertainment not reference material. Also, I'm not trying to make anyone agree with me, I'm just stating my opinion. I don't think that's what all of us are doing though...some of us are taking up a lot of pages and being preachy and condescending for no apparent reason.
Edit- I wasn't being hostile. If that's how you took it, I'm sorry. This is just becoming more of an issue than it needs to be.
Keevy06
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
I wasn't really refering to you and I'm not trying to be mean.. I'm just pointing out that this is entertainment not reference material. Also, I'm not trying to make anyone agree with me, I'm just stating my opinion. I don't think that's what all of us are doing though...some of us are taking up a lot of pages and being preachy and condescending for no apparent reason.
Edit- I wasn't being hostile. If that's how you took it, I'm sorry. This is just becoming more of an issue than it needs to be.

That's cool.. It just seemed odd you told us to quite all of the bitching when it didn't really seem like anyone was bitching at all... at least not on this thread. All good Very Happy
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the uber-defensiveness that is getting to me. And you're right, it's not neccessarily in this thread..but after reading pages and pages of reiteration, it annoys me to see this thread..like anyone knows absolutely, what her religion is or is not. Trust me, I don't take myself that seriously..no one else should either.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
it annoys me to see this thread..like anyone knows absolutely, what her religion is or is not.

Yet this is a discussion board...and that's what we've been doing. Sororyzbl made a statement and we've been DISCUSSING it.

So no one should mention anything unless they know for certain? That would sure cut down on the traffic...
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying "It's official! Not Thelema" does imply that someone knows something for sure. And I'd appreciate it if you stopped trying to put words in my mouth. I don't recall saying that no one should post anything unless they know that it's certain. I'm just implying that maybe we should not post things as if they're fact unless we are posting an actual fact.
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
Saying "It's official! Not Thelema" does imply that someone knows something for sure. And I'd appreciate it if you stopped trying to put words in my mouth. I don't recall saying that no one should post anything unless they know that it's certain. I'm just implying that maybe we should not post things as if they're fact unless we are posting an actual fact.

Maybe it shoulda said "It's official, not orthodox Thelema"? Their religion seems very *very* organized. Order of Denderah, has it's own summer camp for kids, etc. etc. Only thing that the OTO (which is the closest thing to orthodox in Thelema) has is notocon, which is not for kids, only OTO initiates 0° and above.

There was this thing this summer, Babalon Rising, which was like a camping trip, but again, strictly adults only.

If they wanna make her a Thelemite, she has to start talking about Ra-Hoor-Khuit and the Book of the Law.
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
Sfonzarelli
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
spaciegirl wrote:

Maybe it shoulda said "It's official, not orthodox Thelema"? Their religion seems very *very* organized. Order of Denderah, has it's own summer camp for kids, etc. etc. Only thing that the OTO (which is the closest thing to orthodox in Thelema) has is notocon, which is not for kids, only OTO initiates 0° and above.

There was this thing this summer, Babalon Rising, which was like a camping trip, but again, strictly adults only.

If they wanna make her a Thelemite, she has to start talking about Ra-Hoor-Khuit and the Book of the Law.

Dude, why are you assuming that someone interested in hermetic mysticism wouldn't be interested in the Egyptian zodiac? That's just being religiously dogmatic. She doesn't HAVE to do anything, that'd be lame.

-.-. ..-. ..- -.- / ..- -.-- ---
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What gets me is that people are still arguing this when, to me at least, it seems that Bree's religion is made by the Creatortrons.
tannhaus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
What gets me is that people are still arguing this when, to me at least, it seems that Bree's religion is made by the Creatortrons.

Yeah,but thanks to the iconography, people are associating it with thelema
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help all the ignorant in the world, especially when they vehemently defend their ignorance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: