Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0052 Following the helper [10/15/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nakita
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legna wrote:
rachelalexis wrote:
nakita wrote:
Shocked
Why? WHY? whywhywhywhywhywhyWHY Question

I'm Canadian. You've insulted my religion there. What're you gonna do aboot that, eh? Wink

<-----Wings Fan here. Don't bring up the last playoff series between us, I might cry Crying or Very sad

omg what blasphemy u two should know that the red mile is where itz at.....tsk tsk silly people

First off, rachelalexis, sorry, I didn't know you were a Wings fan (I know, I know, I sound totally snobby, but whatcha gonna do Wink )

Second off, even though the Flames didn't come NEARLY as close to winning the cup as the Oilers, I'm afraid I have to agree with Legna about the red mile nowadays. Last week, some guy on Whyte Ave got a part of his nose bitten off in a fight! Shocked

Third off, I'm just killing time until a new video pops up Razz

Proud member of the Jonas is Sexy Club!
minsky
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lovely Miss M. wrote:
Except if it has gauze, it's more likely to be intramuscular, I think. From wikipedia:

Quote:

Intramuscular injection is the injection of a substance directly into a muscle. In medicine, it is one of several alternative methods for the administration of medications (see Route of administration). It is used for particular forms of medication that are administered in small amounts. Depending on the chemical properties of the drug, the medication may either be absorbed fairly quickly or more gradually. Intramuscular injections are often given in the deltoid, vastus lateralis, ventrogluteal and dorsogluteal muscles. When the gluteal muscles are used, injections should be made on the upper, outer quadrant of the buttock to avoid damaging the sciatic nerve.

Thrombocytopenia (low platelet counts) and coagulopathy (bleeding tendency) are contraindications for intramuscular injections, as they may lead to hematomas.

Examples of medications that are sometimes administered intramuscularly are:

codeine
methotrexate
metoclopramide
olanzapine
Streptomycin
many vaccines
diazepam
prednisone
Interferon beta-1a
sex hormones, such as testosterone, estradiol valerate, and Depo Provera

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intramuscular_injection

Any horomone with fertilization is done with an IM injection...

I'm not sure what all these other drugs do. Checking for anything interesting.

Interesting list. One that stuck out to me was diazepam

More commonly known as Valium.
from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diazepam

Diazepam (IPA: [daɪˈæzɪpæm]), marketed under brand names Valium, Stesolid, Seduxen, Bosaurin and Apozepam)[1] is a drug which is a benzodiazepine derivative. It possesses anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, sedative, skeletal muscle relaxant and amnestic properties. This makes it a useful drug for treating anxiety, insomnia, seizures, alcohol withdrawal, and muscle spasms. It is also used before certain medical procedures (such as endoscopies) to reduce tension and anxiety, and in some surgical procedures to induce amnesia.[2][3][/b]
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think "anti-psychotic" sounds a lot more scary than it actually is too. A lot of people are on stuff like that who aren't living in padded rooms.
The Lovely Miss M.
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On uses of Diazepam:

Quote:
Initial management of mania, together with firstline drugs like lithium, valproate or other antipsychotics

Pre-/postoperative sedation, anxiolysis and/or amnesia

It makes you not remember stuff. Also, manias... if like other have suggested Cassie is another personality, it might be confused for manias if she acts differently when she's Cassie.
minsky
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On uses of Diazepam:

Quote:
Initial management of mania, together with firstline drugs like lithium, valproate or other antipsychotics

Pre-/postoperative sedation, anxiolysis and/or amnesia

It makes you not remember stuff. Also, manias... if like other have suggested Cassie is another personality, it might be confused for manias if she acts differently when she's Cassie.

Another intersesting one from the list

Olanzapine (oh-LAN-za-peen, sold as Zyprexa®, Zydis®, or in combination with fluoxetine, as Symbyax®) was the third atypical antipsychotic to gain approval by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and has become one of the most commonly used atypical antipsychotics. Olanzapine has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of schizophrenia, acute mania in bipolar disorder, agitation associated with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, and as maintenance treatment in bipolar disorder and psychotic depression.

I am sure it was discussed somewhere that there were suspicions Bree might have been schizophrenic. Maybe they are trying to suppress the Cassie side of her???

Last edited by minsky on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Lovely Miss M.
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking it's the Valium stuff.

They did it a week early to make sure that the dose they used would make her amnesiatic, and then did an injection before the ceremony so that she wouldn't remember it or remember any bad parts of it.

Or something.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they wanted her to forget something, they should have given her the non CR type of ambien, like a 2X or 3X dose. It would be a lot more effective than your run of the mill valium... with valium, you're not really insured that the recipient will forget things, it would have to be a high dose. And if that's what was going on, I don't see why they wouldn't use something stronger and right in the vein for that matter.
edit- I'm going with the anemia theory I think.

Last edited by spaciegirlreturn on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Katie
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but why would she be getting IM injections of diazepam? its so easily absorbed orally. and there is very little reason to believe that its given on a weekly schedule, its more of a "as needed" drug. Plus its usually avoided in patients under 18.

fyi the point of IM injections is to make a drug resovoir which slowly releases into the system. thats why it really good route for hormones and vaccine.
The Lovely Miss M.
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Diazepam is apprently much easier to get orally and works much better that way.

So that leaves anemia or olanzapine. Or other options that we haven't thought of.
minsky
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katie wrote:
but why would she be getting IM injections of diazepam? its so easily absorbed orally. and there is very little reason to believe that its given on a weekly schedule, its more of a "as needed" drug. Plus its usually avoided in patients under 18.

fyi the point of IM injections is to make a drug resovoir which slowly releases into the system. thats why it really good route for hormones and vaccine.

When a friend of mine went through Narcotic withdrawl , the doc's prescribed regular shots of Diazepam to calm him down during the withdraw. Maybe they are using this on Bree to keep her docile and not question things to much?

But I am leaning more towards Anemia or olanzapine as well.
OtoBnAGGIE
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: anti psychotic Reply with quote

I really like the idea that the drugs are causing her to be lethargic and unenthusiastic. I have known people on anti psychotics and they complain it makes them feel "out of it" all the time.

I really dont think she has multiple personalities and really disagree with any theory that has anything to do with her mentioning Cassie. If there was really something there Daniel would be on it for us. His character knows more than any of us and we should follow his lead.
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: anti psychotic Reply with quote

OtoBnAGGIE wrote:
I really like the idea that the drugs are causing her to be lethargic and unenthusiastic. I have known people on anti psychotics and they complain it makes them feel "out of it" all the time.

I really dont think she has multiple personalities and really disagree with any theory that has anything to do with her mentioning Cassie. If there was really something there Daniel would be on it for us. His character knows more than any of us and we should follow his lead.

Yeah I think Cassie was or is a real person. I'm not into the whole "Bree is Cassie" theory...but what do I know?
The Lovely Miss M.
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the creators just put the shots in there, and were just waiting for us to do the medical research for them since apparently we're all complete nerds XD

Okay, it was funny in my head.
minsky
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the creators just put the shots in there, and were just waiting for us to do the medical research for them since apparently we're all complete nerds XD

Okay, it was funny in my head.

Good point. We do the research and then they pick the one we like the best. Then again isn't one of the Creator is Medically trained? So they know what these things do already.
The Lovely Miss M.
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about the Creators, so if one of them has medical training, then it's more likely that gauze instead of bandaid is inentional and not a slip-up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 45 of 48

Jump to: