Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Get Bree to watch her old videos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misty
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Get Bree to watch her old videos Reply with quote

Daniel Probably the best way to unbrainwash Bree is to get her to watch her old videos. It's clear she doesn't remember who she is and what she's been through, and she isn't going to trust you. But I think she will be willing to see the videos she made and she will trust herself when she sees it's her who made the videos.

Start at the beginning, when she was, just making fun blogs, and her family was still with the hymn of one, that will get her defenses down. Let her see the way she changed her mind. Hopefully by the time she reaches "We found Julia"" Bree will be herself again.
Nieriel.Manwathiel
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like a decent idea, especially because her beginning videos would be a nice, gentle introduction.

I, for one, agree this is a good course of action.
HeartofSorrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel, Misty here has a very good point. It could help, but, I don't know if it will. I think she is remembering something because of something she said right after holding P. Monkey. Then again I could have misheard her.

If I did or didn't mishear her it is still obvious they gave her some sort of psychotropic drug that deals with memory repression, and you guys taking her is forcing a detoxification. You guys need to keep 24/7 watch on her because who knows what could happen. Just make sure it is only you and Jonas doing the shifts. I know you guys trust Sarah, but, sometimes it is better not to let an unknown factor alter the situation.

Take care of Bree and be careful because she is detoxing from the drugs the Order gave her and who knows what the side-effects are.
FeministPsych
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everyone on here that this may be a great way to gently bring her back. However, it looks like you have to prepare for her to be violent and very confused. Just support her and ease her into things -- don't overwhelm her. I'm sure you guys are taking great care of her.
SARAHPHOBIA88
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of her state of mind, I still feel my Top 10 can continue to help. It looks like thay have done somethings similar as suggested.

Here are my Top 10 Techniques For Bringing A Loved One Back After an NRM (New Religious Movement):

1. Round the clock watch over her.
2. Do not physically force her to do anything else.
3. Give her lots of water.
4. Start a normal diet with the regular food groups.
5. Let her talk, or not talk. But, do not force your words upon her.
6. Tough love is always best, but do not "smother" her with words or restraint.
7. Do not mention her being "brainwashed"/she may shut down on you. (Say the least amount you can about the HoO.)
8. She needs nurturing. So, be gentle.
9. She may refuse to eat, that is OK. Try "ensure" drinks, for nutrients.
10. If she starts to come around a little, if too much is pushed upon her in excitement, she is starting to see things clearly, she could go right back into denial.

My videos: http://one.revver.com/account/show/SARAHgirl81
HeartofSorrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah FeministPsych definately pointed out a nice little fact of the posiblity of violence and confusion on Bree's part. I think maybe a 5 to 10 minutes a day of all of you guys vids. starting with Bree's First Video "First Blog/Dorkiness Prevails" and ending with "Grillz feat. Danielbeast, Lonelygirl15, P. Monkey and O'n." Then the next day start off the next day with "My Parents Suck" and go from there.

That way it will give her a chance to remember everything that happened with out sending her brain into overload. Slow and Steady will bring Bree back. Don't rush things, and stay safe.
cosmicdancer
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should show her the collage she made for her father. Or the letter?
tricky-ticky-tavi
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicdancer wrote:

Great idea!! This could work wonders (especially since seeing her latest video - wonders need to be worked...)

My question is this....What were we talking about??

http://www.bebo.com/tricky-ticky
PrincessTryna
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicdancer wrote:

I agree you need to show her the collage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Beast Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: