Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT incest discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Off the Cuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But in this case it's worse than star wars. In this case they went waaaay beyond kissing. Imagine having sex with your brother!
Melisa
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: You know you want to look... Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
HazelButtercup wrote:
I promised someone I'd post screen shots if it happened. They were very dark so I tweaked them in photoshop. Sorry about the poor quality but there wasn't a lot to work with!

There goes my theory of them being brother and sister. Oh well- they ARE cute together.

I dunno, I saw star wars LOL

Laughing

P.s. I go on Meez to. >_<
Spades
Owen's Helper

Location: Cassie is watching, and so is everyone else, she's not that special.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I watched this the first time, I thought to myself, "Wow, why is she doing that with DB?" It was so hard to pick out that it was Jonas for me.

Oh ****, forgot about beer.

And I listened to that song, and it sucked. No offense.
HazelButtercup
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the one screen shot where you can see Bree's arm up around Jonas' neck. She really likes him and he definitely likes her.
Samara
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There goes my theory of them being brother and sister.

Oh, no...they very well could be still. Have none of you people watched a soap opera in your lives?
pandababy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samara wrote:
Quote:
There goes my theory of them being brother and sister.

Oh, no...they very well could be still. Have none of you people watched a soap opera in your lives?

i think the show would be going in a downhill spiral if that were the case. i mean...the creators can't just have them make out, imply that they've had sex, and then go "oh just kidding! they're related!"

it would be too weird :/ at least in my opinion.
Spades
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think "too weird" can even begin to cover the whole Bro and Sis sex thing.

Aponi
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spades wrote:
I dont think "too weird" can even begin to cover the whole Bro and Sis sex thing.

No kidding Shocked Shocked
But I think the Creators know enough to know not to do it because it would wierd so many people out, possible enough to even stop watching.
I mean eughhh at even the idea.
I kinda hate how people say 'Well why not?'. Because it's sick maybe?
My LG15 Vid
Spades
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aponi wrote:
Spades wrote:

No kidding Shocked Shocked
But I think the Creators know enough to know not to do it because it would wierd so many people out, possible enough to even stop watching.
I mean eughhh at even the idea.
I kinda hate how people say 'Well why not?'. Because it's sick maybe?

It would be hitting a very low degraded area, that only scum visit.

pandababy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spades wrote:

oh how right you are! it would be a real sick turn for the creators.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could be something really good if they handled it in a dignified manner, which soap operas have never done. These long lost siblings will f**k, then find out about it, and then go all "Noooooooo! We can never be in the same room together agaaaaain!" Which, of course, means they must have loved each other so much.

In my opinion, those practices paint a pathetic picture of love and misconstrue priorities. It also, doubtless, doesn't give people in such relationships in the real world much hope for acceptance, or much support to remind them that being a little different from everyone else doesn't mean they're equivalent to sociopaths who are incapable of interacting with the rest of the world in a healthy manner.

Let's be honest and as mature as possible about this, guys: It's not as though such relationships don't happen in the real world, or that there's never genuine love involved when they do occur. Please take what I'm discussing as what I'm actually trying to describe: An empassioned relationship between two consenting individuals of sound mind who genuinely love one another, not a situation in which a significantly older relative or one with significantly more authority potentially takes advantage of a younger or less-authoritative relative.

Anyway, back to the subject, the people in those relationships are typically regarded as abominations instead of human beings. It's the job of art to inform the rest of us when and why we're wrong when we think that way about our fellow man. In the United States, it's had to be done for women, black people and homosexuals. For some reason, it's never a universal message, though. It always has to be done one group at a time.

I'm not saying it's the job of the C's to do this. What I am saying, though, is that if they broach the subject, they have the responsibility to do it in a mature and respectable manner. I think there's a very big responsibility that comes with being an artist, and that things like soap operas fall down on this responsibility all the time. Art can change the world, and it definitely influences how people look at the world and the people around them that they share it with.

While it's not the C's responsibility to promote understanding on this particular subject — or any subject if they just want to entertain — there are some places you don't go if you aren't willing to give it what it merits.

Not that I think they'll go there anyway. It's a topic with such a stigma that aspiring filmmakers just looking for a big break probably aren't going to take that step.
BrightSilence
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually am convinced that this CAN be handle like Lurker just mentioned.

I don't know if some of you watch veronica mars? Veronica actually had sex with her half brother before the series even started. Halfway into the second season she found out why he had suddenly dumped her and avoided her after that.

It was handled well, realistic and without treating the characters as abominations.

If the C' decide to take it this way, they should realise that it's hard to stop people from freaking out. Getting your audience to accept it in 40 minute episodes might be doable, but it's way tougher to do it in 4 minute vids
Pallidity
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrightSilence wrote:

I don't know if some of you watch veronica mars? Veronica actually had sex with her half brother before the series even started. Halfway into the second season she found out why he had suddenly dumped her and avoided her after that.

It was handled well, realistic and without treating the characters as abominations.

I remember that as well and it was, indeed, handled maturely and with a decent amount of grace. I think that that sort of thing can be handled really well if enough thought is put into it. It also depends on how the audience responds how it ends up turning out. I think, as long as most would accept it as something that was not done with the knowledge they're related (if that ends up being the case) then things will pan out well.
angie_pants
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrightSilence wrote:

they did handle it very well. too bad they cancelled it Sad
MayhemII
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

angie_pants wrote:
BrightSilence wrote:

they did handle it very well. too bad they cancelled it Sad

Crying or Very sad I loved that show.

Although if I remember correctly, it ended up that Duncan (the supposed half brother) and Veronica were not related, and in result started dating again. So really the whole plot sent mixed signals.
00:19:07] MayhemII: Bree what genre of music is "your song"?

[00:19:33] lonelygirl15: genre? the genre of eternal happiness. hmmmmmmm
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Off the Cuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: