Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is going on?!?!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: What is going on?!?! Reply with quote

I NEVER complain about this series. Ever. After all that has happened I've just gone with the flow and enjoyed it for what it is.

But right now I'm just so pissed off about the direction this thing is going in right now. And please Mods, do NOT move this to Concerns and Complaints. I'll get to the plot related things...

First of all, I understand that with teenagers there will be sexual topics discussed. That isn't what is making me angry. I'm starting to wonder if the sex talk is all just for views, because to be honest I'm not seeing how all this can actually fit into the plot as a whole. "The Morning After" got at least 10,000 more views than a typical video on Revver. Any video with the topic of sex gets almost 100,000 more views on YouTube. Did the direction of the story change for views or does it actually have some significance? Because right now I'm not seeing it, and video after video of filler crap about sex is just driving me up the wall!! (Sorry for those of you who enjoy this, I personally like the cult thing much more)

Now on to the characters. What the hell is up with Taylor? To be honest, this last video makes me wonder if they actually know what they want to do with this character. We are introduced to an innocent, playful girl who loves soccer and is incredibly smart. Then in today's video she is dressed up in high heels, a skirt, and has a wip?!?!?!??!?! I didn't find her antics funny or amusing at all. I see them as completely out of character. A little out of character is one thing, but this was COMPLETELY out of character, at least the way I see her. I know she isn't as innocent as she was first introduced to us, but the whole thing where they tried to entertain the boys and she kept going on about "a more PG form of entertainment" makes me wonder why she would do something like this here in her latest video.

There are just so many more important things that these guys need to be doing right now other than sitting around being like "Oh haha Jonas you had sex it's not a big deal blah blah blah." I honestly don't give a rats ass if it was Jonas' first time. I wanna see some charts that Bree's dad made. I want to know what else is in the box. I want to see them move on and try to figure out what happened to Bree.

Please don't rip into me too bad. I never rant on here... Embarassed
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in total agreement with you. The "Dawson's Creek" turn that this story has taken is grating on my last nerve.
watermelonhead
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way, this is awesome
Aponi
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: What is going on?!?! Reply with quote

Libra wrote:
There are just so many more important things that these guys need to be doing right now other than sitting around being like "Oh haha Jonas you had sex it's not a big deal blah blah blah." I honestly don't give a rats ass if it was Jonas' first time. I wanna see some charts that Bree's dad made. I want to know what else is in the box. I want to see them move on and try to figure out what happened to Bree.

Me too Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

And Taylor's inconsistency is really getting out of hand. First she was a soccer geek with only one best friend. Then she was letting some guy give her hickeys (where the heck did that even come from?). Then she's a replacement Tachyon with her 1337 skills. Now she's like some stern schoolmarm with a sexy twist. Like what is this? Shocked
My LG15 Vid
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libra, you stole the words out of my mouth. I hate all this realationship/ love / teenage problem - filler vids.

More creepy cult things would be nice
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: What is going on?!?! Reply with quote

Aponi wrote:

And Taylor's inconsistency is really getting out of hand. First she was a soccer geek with only one best friend. Then she was letting some guy give her hickeys (where the heck did that even come from?). Then she's a replacement Tachyon with her 1337 skills. Now she's like some stern schoolmarm with a sexy twist. Like what is this? Shocked

That was my exact reaction this morning after seeing her latest video. I mean WTF!! sigh. I love this show. I really do. I just absolutely hate it when a character is all over the place. That drives me nuts.

If I wanted a lame teen drama I would watch some crap on TV. I came to the internet to find something more.
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my theory on Taylor's inconsistency: she is feeling abandoned by her father and now her sister.
This sexy persona is her attempt to get closer to her sister.
Sarah is setting the example, Taylor is acting like a typical younger sister emulating her in her own way.
And Sarah is responding to it. In Taylor chat Sarah even says something to the effect of "way to go, I like this new Taylor!" (forgive the paraphrasing)
then we get Taylor's latest video.
girlnextdoor
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be justifiable if it had a real purpose within the story, but it doesn't. It's like Bree's gone missing - so instead of doing anything about it, let's post videos about how you had sex with her.

Borrrrrrring...
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

am i the only one who sees what is going on here???
Bree used this (sex) as a complete distraction, enabling her to get away quicker. She knew that it would drive a wedge between everyone so she did it, slowing the TAAG from finding her because Jonas would be wrapped up in his feelings, Daniel will be jealous and Sarah would be like "You guys are stupid."

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
girlnextdoor
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned in a different thread that I think Bree was still brainwashed and knew using Jonas would be the easiest way to escape... You make a very interesting point, I agree - she knew the result it would have.
Leaven
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I have been watching since like video 5 and have never been more annoyed with the show. It doesn't help that I've never really liked Sarah or Taylor.
HazelButtercup
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's refreshing to read this thread when there is such a love fest going on for Sarah and Taylor, and obsession with relationships. I like the ACTION videos!
girlnextdoor
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saaame! If I wanted to watch a show about relationships I'd be watching the O.C. thanks.
lejaders
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Taylor being annoyed that Jonas would actually email her and bad talk her sister, I am confused about why the storyline is going along with Jonas' sex angst though, rather then you know.... where the heck Bree is.. Isn't Bree the main charector anymore?
chippercat
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first instinct after watching the last vid was the same... OH MY ... NOT TEENAGE DRAMA!!! I have a teenager and get enough of that "oh so life sucking drama" of my own in the real world...

But...

Then... I started looking at it from another perspective...

What if this is a ploy cooked up by Jonas and Bree to make the order find her unworthy ... and find a way to go into hiding for awhile to see what would unfold.

Maybe Jonas' "Morning after" video was a set-up.

In Jonas' e-mail to Taylor there were some rather unJonas like misspellings and grammatical errors. Apothosis AZ pointed this out in the Puzzles section of the forum.

I anagrammed the incorrect words... one word stuck out

WOODPILE! According to in character chat both Daniel and Sarah confirmed that Jonas had been out chopping WOOD all night.

Maybe he is going off to catch up with Bree and he is leaving a code for Taylor, Daniel and Sarah?

Sorry for such a long post... Just before you jump ship... this could be a new plot twist (I hope... or else I am gonna jump ship, too.... can't take the teenage drama!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: