Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone else miss Gemma?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ixlikexchalk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aboriginalgangster wrote:
I liked her. I found her way more watchable than I found Jonas, which is one of the reasons I didn't like him at first (and even now I'm just indifferent.) I'd like to see more of her. And I don't think we can really confirm that anyone that "died" actually did. In a story like this one, it's not that hard to write that someone didn't actually die. Bree's dad, for example, may not have died. They may have shot him on accident and rushed him to a hospital (or to an Order base with a medical facility) and fixed him up, good as new. Gemma's so-called death may have been intentionally staged for some reason. Perhaps they knew they were being watched and staged her death.

If they found a way to bring her back and explain it without it sounding like they did it in 5 minutes, I think her use could do a great deal in filling up some of those plot holes. If she didn't die, she may have been working for the order all this time and escaped with a lot of information. Even seeing her work as a double agent, giving out small bits of information while gathering more information on the gang, would be nice.

There are just so many options for this character that were never explored. It's disappointing.

ok, I mut have missed something here too. When did Gemma die? I don't remember that at all.
Pallidity
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some video's posted in which it depicts Gemma being tracked and the general belief is that she was killed. (http://youtube.com/subscription_center?s=mkm7Gca5iYM)

I miss her, mostly because her advice usually seemed very level headed. I really wish there was something stable in the plot because at this point it seems like everyone is a top, spinning at his or her own speed, smashing into the other tops, and flying all over the place without any sense of direction or control. But, Gemma did exist when the characters were a lot less out of control so it's likely that if she came back none of them would listen to her, or if she was still here they'd be ignoring her.
Skunkwaffle
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consideration wrote:
randomentity wrote:
Three characters that you never see, who just randomly disappear right in the middle of the plot, because the creator stopped working with the team. They sucked because of that alone.

No reason to hide at all.
That's really not what happened at all.

For real!!! Did you do any fact checking before you posted that. I doubt it. Maybe before you go around bashing people for situations you know absolutely nothing about, you should try to find out what actually happened.
girlnextdoor
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point; she was a sort of stable influence but to be honest the other characters have never taken much advice from her. Bringing her back would have to completely change her character and therefore she'd lose that stabilising influence... sucks.
randomentity
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skunkwaffle wrote:
consideration wrote:
randomentity wrote:
Three characters that you never see, who just randomly disappear right in the middle of the plot, because the creator stopped working with the team. They sucked because of that alone.

No reason to hide at all.
That's really not what happened at all.

For real!!! Did you do any fact checking before you posted that. I doubt it. Maybe before you go around bashing people for situations you know absolutely nothing about, you should try to find out what actually happened.

Whoa, chill out a bit. If I was wrong I apologize, I just thought that's how it went down. I didn't say it ouf of a 'personal attack' toward the creators. It doesn't change the fact that three 'important' characters vanished into oblivion mid-series, never to be seen or heard from again, which leaves me with a sense of dislike for them when I think back on them. Even when they were around, I didn't like them anyway. It's called an 'opinion' and I'm allowed to have one.

And as far as 'bashing' people, I wasn't bashing anyone. I described a situation that I thought occured, but I've been corrected.

Nice Mr. Saturn, btw. Hopefully you know that's what it is in your avatar! =p
aboriginalgangster
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ixlikexchalk wrote:

ok, I mut have missed something here too. When did Gemma die? I don't remember that at all.

See, when I watched the videos I didn't get that she died. It was only after I started watching the forums and saw that the general belief held is that she died that it even occurred to me. I rewatched them and I still don't really get it. If you ask me, it was left open as to what happened to her.
Spades
Owen's Helper

Location: Cassie is watching, and so is everyone else, she's not that special.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always had this thought in the back of my head that Gemma was forced to say what she said after she was too scared to go home.

But, apparently she did try to kill Brother. With a car bomb.

Maybe she could answer some questions, assuming she knew way more than she was alluding to, or because she was surrounded by a choir of weirdos in their happy little paradise and picked up new info.

Or perhaps she will play a neutral or evil person.

But I think the actress went on with her life, so I do not think that she will be coming back.

Oh ****, forgot about beer.

And I listened to that song, and it sucked. No offense.
luzdzus
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spades wrote:
I always had this thought in the back of my head that Gemma was forced to say what she said after she was too scared to go home.

That's the way I always saw it. The Watcher she spotted in the pub came around after she went home and had a chat with her, and that's when she started giving bad advice

Spades wrote:
But, apparently she did try to kill Brother. With a car bomb.

Tachyon's letter actually said something like "She was the one who led warpylol to you", which may not mean that she did it deliberately. It could also have been a deception, trying to lead the Order to believe that The Culper Gang was going to have Gemma killed, when they were really going to help her get away and hide out. The line about "Once the timer sets off the alarm" could have been Tachyon's way of saying "Once the Order finds out that she's working for us", at which point the assassination was staged and Gemma disappeared. Gemma could well be lying on a beach somewhere with Brother sipping Pina Coladas and enjoying her retirement from the double agent business.

I doubt we'll see her back, but there was a lot of potential in her character that was left unused.
Flautapantera

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thank goodness! I thought I was the only one.

You know who else I miss? Owen.

You know that moment where you just want to grab a pair of scissors and run away with them?
betz28
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i miss her!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: