Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For all you Harry Potter fans...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: For all you Harry Potter fans... Reply with quote

1st of all, rumor has it, the next book is in the works. YOU HEARD ME this book ain't the last. The next book is in the works

Second:

Quote:
LONDON, England (Reuters) -- J.K. Rowling, who became the world's first billion-dollar author on the back of Harry Potter's success, has given the go-ahead for the creation of a Florida theme park dedicated to the schoolboy wizard.

"The plans I have seen look incredibly exciting and I don't think fans of the books or films will be disappointed," Rowling said of the Orlando park that is scheduled to open in 2009.

The park is a joint venture between Warner Bros. Entertainment, whose Potter films have so far grossed more than $3.5 billion worldwide, and Universal Orlando Resort (Warner Bros. Entertainment is owned by the same parent company as CNN).

In a statement rich in entertainment hyperbole, the builders of "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" said they planned to "create the world's first immersive Harry Potter themed environment."

Barry Meyer, chairman and CEO of Warner Bros. Entertainment, said: "Over the years we've received thousands of letters from fans around the world wishing they could visit Hogwarts (School) and the wonderful locations described in each of J.K. Rowling's beloved stories."

The park's opening could help to quell the withdrawal symptoms of Potter fans around the globe who have bought 320 million copies of her wizard tales and turned every one of the films into a box office hit.

Pottermania is set to scale new heights in July with the last novel hitting the bookstands and the latest film being launched in a deluge of global publicity.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," the final installment in her hugely successful series, is being released on July 21.

Rowling is to mark publication with a moonlight reading for fans at London's Natural History Museum.

Sweepstakes are being conducted by her British publisher Bloomsbury Publishing Plc and American publisher Scholastic to pick the winning fans.

"Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix," the fifth film in a blockbuster series based on the books, is being given its official world premiere in London on July 3.

Rowling, whose books are always released under tight security, has said two characters will die in the seventh and final book but she has refused to give any clues.

The author has appealed to people to keep the end a secret: "I want the readers who have, in many instances, grown up with Harry, to embark on the last adventure they will share with him without knowing where they are going." (Full story)

U.S. authors John Irving and Stephen King were so worried about the fictional hero's fate that they urged Rowling to spare the bespectacled hero.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/31/potter.park.reut/index.html

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RoseCrowley
Owen's Helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about the theme park about a week ago...I'm so excited!! I'll be the first to go (since I'm only 45 minutes away give or take on traffic) weeeeeee

TTT:Granted, but the fairy takes your credit card instead of leaving money and gets like fifty lap dances w/ it.

Mawhahaha!
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the rumor that this next book wont be the last. she was so sure about it for the longest. I mean I wouldn't complain if there were more, I always thought it sucked that she was going to end them after he was done at hogwarts I thought she should always do at leas one more maybe a few years later (in the books time line) so we can see how he ends up lol. but I guess there would always be a "well she should do just one more" lol.
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anymore parks in florida, it shouldn't be a state anymore... just name it themepark state or like fantasyland or some shit...

well.. if they have disney world in florida and disneyland in cali... can they just have a smaller version in california too then? please? sheesh..

or maybe someplace a lil closer then across the continent?
HoOBS
Haku, Seraph Monk "upgrades"
Leaven
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The park isn't from Disney. Universal got the rights. I'm hoping Universal's California park will get something too. ]

From everything I read the seventh book will be the last. She has said she may release one more book for charity, but that it won't be a new storyline, but rather copies of the journals and things she made while writing the books.
LesterG
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaven wrote:
The park isn't from Disney. Universal got the rights. I'm hoping Universal's California park will get something too.

Pray
HoOBS
Haku, Seraph Monk "upgrades"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Off the Cuff All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: