Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eternal Song = DNA?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Eternal Song = DNA? Reply with quote

lol, this is kind of grasping at straws, but I thought it was interesting. XD

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/1021_051021_protein_music.html

Quote:
Your DNA Is a Song: Scientists Use Music to Code Proteins
John Roach
for National Geographic News
October 21, 2005

What are proteins? How are they structured? What's the difference between a protein in a human and the same protein in a lizard? Ask Mary Anne Clark these questions and she is likely to respond with an earful of music.

Clark is a biologist at Texas Wesleyan University in Fort Worth, and she's part of a growing field of science educators who use so-called protein music to help illustrate the basic structure of the building blocks of life.

All living things are made up of proteins. Each protein is a string of amino acids. There are 20 different amino acids, and each protein can consist of dozens to thousands of them.

Scientists write down these amino acid sequences as series of text letters. Clark and her colleagues assign musical notes to the different values of the amino acids in each sequence. The result is music in the form of "protein songs."

By listening to the songs, scientists and students alike can hear the structure of a protein. And when the songs of the same protein from different species are played together, their similarities and differences are apparent to the ear.

"It's an illustration transferred into a medium people will find more accessible than just [text] sequences," Clark said. "If you look at protein sequences, if you just read those as they are written down, recorded in a database, it's hard to get a sense for the pattern."

When people look at a page full of text corresponding to protein sequences, Clark explained, they tend spot clusters of letters but fail to see the larger pattern.

"If you play [the protein song for that sequence] you get that sense of the pattern much more strongly," she said. "That's my feeling at least. You hear stuff you can't see."

I wonder what Bree's song sounds like and if anyone else's sounds similar? o.o

<3 Danielbeast <3
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Eternal Song = DNA? Reply with quote

Very cool, thanks for sharing it.

X
mousegirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that is pretty interesting right there
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pandababy
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice find! might come in handy :]
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan, that's great!!

PushedButton put together a great mix in the thread Were you playing your song? - who knows...maybe that's JUST what Bree's DNA sounds like?

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
mellie3204
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!

Even if it end's up not plot related, it's still mighty cool!! Very Happy
aura1298
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: vibration... Reply with quote

this has been my point on the forum.

to point out that dna is the connection to the order and why they want certain people.

each strand of dna has a melody, hense all forms of life is unique in it's own way. some have the qualities they seek... others are close
so they try to change them slightly.

through vibration, atoms, elements, and yes even protein bases, can be manipulated.

there is a something i wrote last year that i'd like to share.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sit in harmony with creation and love...

unfolding of the lotus, a continuous cycle of the path of consciousness. chosen and taken with intention of growth and experience.

a moment, an eternity of unity within self...
an infinite expanse of the soul, reaches all.

a blossoming of light, vibration and love...
imagined by dreams and hopes of the spirit.

as the physical:
the shell, an ear, a lotus, the division of cells of a zygote...
the spark of love,vibration- required for creation of all of these and the universe.

tls

aura

~a sleeper~
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i've been getting more messages to my private email off the forum and off from youtube.. i may be hitting a nerve with some by my transmissions.

i carry on...

aura[/code][/list]
Spades
Owen's Helper

Location: Cassie is watching, and so is everyone else, she's not that special.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But here is the thing about the article above:

This was released pretty far into the show, so did the C's really draw on it? Perhaps Miles heard rumors about it before, and just recently the way to read DNA this way just happened to get big.

Maybe they are just hearing about this too, and might choose to ignore it, or incorporate it into the story and say, "Yep, that's the reason."

Oh ****, forgot about beer.

And I listened to that song, and it sucked. No offense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: