Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0222- "What Up Blogosphere!" [06/29/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
voyboy wrote:

Quote:
2) Why the hell would a biochemist who specialized in ribozyme research get a job at NEUTROGENA? No sense whatsoever.

Does a doctor open up his own private practice after he finishes med school?
Architects don't graduate and then get hired to design the next Empire State Building do they?

Nah, it's a valid criticism. I'm not sure exactly what scientists at Neutrogena do, but I think that it's a fair bet that it has nothing to do with ribozymes or RNAi.
I understand what you guys are saying, but life takes many odd turns. My cousing went to school for biomedical engineering. When she was in college she got a part time job working for Sam Adams in Boston. Long story short, she not only works for them full time now, but they are paying for her to go to law school. Kinda odd for a bio-med major Laughing
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haether wrote:
This is ridiculous.

1) His staged apartment. They could at least pretend he's a real 22 year old guy (i.e., a leather couch and gigantic television, and no other furniture). A matching, apparently professionally decorated living room? yeah, right.
2) Why the hell would a biochemist who specialized in ribozyme research get a job at NEUTROGENA? No sense whatsoever. Way to bend the plot around your business deals, creators.
3) A "record 3 years" how is that record? I know people who've graduated in three years...and I would have, but I decided to put off the real world and take some BS classes until OSU would make me graduate.
4) I assume the "record three years" was to make us think he was smart. Maybe he shouldn't act like he just put down his bong.

gag.

I just haven't liked any of the new characters...really not liking the series either. I can feel the ridiculous just buliding every video.

1) not all 22 year olds have living rooms like that
2) but yeh it defo makes no sense as to why he works at nuetrogena but i guess we will find out
3 + 4) your just poking random holes

and if you dont like it why watch Confused Confused Confused, i never do get why people say the vids are ridiculous but they still watch Confused

and btw, i love spencer i thought this video was veryyy funny Smile i like him better than jonas

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile

Last edited by iamcool on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spencer is ok, despite being the biggest fictional dork since Napoleon Dynamite

but I don't like the the Neutrogena deal. So the characters are gonna randomly throw in the word neutrogena every video? ugh.

" Ok so Spencer, you know the guy who works for neutrogena..."

Also, he does seem to have the same bug eyes bree has...

Last edited by Inigo on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inigo wrote:
Spencer is ok, despite being the biggest fictional dork since Napoleon Dynamite

but I HATE HATE the Neutrogena deal. So the characters are gonna randomly throw in the word neutrogena every video?...

Stop being a Negative-Nancy. You really think that they are going to turn this into a big Mentos commercial?

You should be happy for them.

Besides, look at how well Neutrogena is playing along
http://www.neutrogena.com/spencer.asp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziola wrote:
TOSG wrote:
voyboy wrote:

Quote:
2) Why the hell would a biochemist who specialized in ribozyme research get a job at NEUTROGENA? No sense whatsoever.

Architects don't graduate and then get hired to design the next Empire State Building do they?

Nah, it's a valid criticism. I'm not sure exactly what scientists at Neutrogena do, but I think that it's a fair bet that it has nothing to do with ribozymes or RNAi.
I understand what you guys are saying, but life takes many odd turns. My cousing went to school for biomedical engineering. When she was in college she got a part time job working for Sam Adams in Boston. Long story short, she not only works for them full time now, but they are paying for her to go to law school. Kinda odd for a bio-med major Laughing

Oh, I know, stranger things have happened.

I'm just saying that it's a valid criticism - it's a bit dubious of a career move for a top-shelf biochemist just exiting college.

Does your cousin get free beer? Smile
Ziola
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:

Does your cousin get free beer? Smile
Yes, she does. And when she got married last year, they supplied free beer and Twisted Teas for the reception. Tons of it Very Happy

And I understand what everyone is saying, but sometimes ya just gotta go where the money is. After all, I'm sure he's got some school loans to pay off. Wink
betz28
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love the spencer!!! Cool

i t know he's a dork but ya have to love em!!!
Leaven
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks like a hobbit. Smile I think I saw him in a commercial?

Anyways, I don't think he is acting like a dick. I would probably react in a similar way if somehow I were in the same situation. If he really doesn't know what his father was working on (very plausible) he would naturally feel this way. I think maybe he will make a discovery or something like that and then get involved.
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
voyboy wrote:

Quote:

I was under the impression that RNA played a part in genetic make up-and everybody wants a product that stops aging.
Think
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
longlostposter wrote:
Isn't it his dad that specialized in that research? Didn't he say he didn't know anything about what his dad had been doing? My guess is, he's going to look at some of the things in the trunk, and possibly some other stuff that belonged to his dad, and study up.

"His area of study was ribozymes with a special focus on autocatalysis"

Thank you very much, Rob, I stand corrected.

I apologize, Haether, I was wrong.

So, how does this go together? I don't know what you all found out about ribozymes, and I'm too lazy to look, but do they by chance have to do with aging? Because Nuetrogena would definitely be interested in reversing aging now wouldn't they? If the Order is seeking immortality, then it makes sense that something that slows, reverses, or stops the aging process would be of interest to them, right? Therefore, the Order and Nuetrogena would have a common interest...just not the same end goal. Are ribozymes of interest to both, and for the same reasons?
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longlostposter wrote:
robtomorrow wrote:
longlostposter wrote:
Isn't it his dad that specialized in that research? Didn't he say he didn't know anything about what his dad had been doing? My guess is, he's going to look at some of the things in the trunk, and possibly some other stuff that belonged to his dad, and study up.

"His area of study was ribozymes with a special focus on autocatalysis"

Thank you very much, Rob, I stand corrected.

I apologize, Haether, I was wrong.

So, how does this go together? I don't know what you all found out about ribozymes, and I'm too lazy to look, but do they by chance have to do with aging? Because Nuetrogena would definitely be interested in reversing aging now wouldn't they? If the Order is seeking immortality, then it makes sense that something that slows, reverses, or stops the aging process would be of interest to them, right? Therefore, the Order and Nuetrogena would have a common interest...just not the same end goal. Are ribozymes of interest to both, and for the same reasons?

...same here Juli. I am really lousy when it comes to both math and science. I tried reading about RNA and it just made my eyes bleed.

Last edited by voyboy on Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voyboy wrote:
TOSG wrote:
voyboy wrote:

Quote:

I was under the impression that RNA played a part in genetic make up-and everybody wants a product that stops aging.
Think

Yeah, but if there were a reliable away to therapeutically alter RNA, it would have bigger implications than getting rid of wrinkles.

Like, curing practically every disease known to man.

Although, that does remind me of a story about how medical discoveries often are less profitable (and therefore less researched) than cosmetic discoveries. But it's long and off-topic, so I'll refrain.
robtomorrow
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voyboy wrote:
longlostposter wrote:

...same here Juli. I am really lousy when it comes to both math and science. i tried reading about RNA and it just make my eyes bleed.

They are apparently going to play up the "Origin of Life" angle. There are a couple of clues to this, the Wikipedia article on Stanley Miller who Spencer lists as one of his heroes states "His research dealt with the origin of life" and on Spence's page on Neutrogena.com it says "His area of study was ribozymes with a special focus on autocatalysis", "autocatalysis" also refers to theories about the origin of life.

Here is an article on the subject where autocatalytic RNA molecules or "Ribozymes" are mentioned,

http://gould.as.arizona.edu/~mmeyer/ast202/lect9.html
PinkoLady
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lots of overqualified friends working strange jobs because people like to pay well for talent.

At any rate, whoever said he twitches his nose like Bree... too true, almost annoyingly so. I could probably buy the sibling theory in this case, for once.

He was okay though. I mean, The story will never live up to what it was for me, without Opaphid/Glenn/whatever--as in, there aren't going to be anymore breakdowns with "Tachyon" stretching across the screen, and "what time is it?" making us all freak out, and scare our dogs/boyfriends/etc... The order has really dropped a demension or two, thus, I feel like depth is missing from the story in general. So, really...this is as good as it's going to get.

It's not that this is bad-- because it's not terrible-- I just miss what it was.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voyboy wrote:
Think

You beat me to it, voyboy.

Hi, pinkolady...welcome back.

Rob, have I ever told you how much I enjoy reading your posts? They are so informative.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17

Jump to: