Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Understanding Gemma: The Unanswered Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Others in Bree's Life
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gemma is a confusing person.
Which makes her more interesting.
Not to mention now she has a hole to try do dig herself out of.
Or she could fess up.
But I doubt that would happen.
She'll probably try to lie her way out.
Or maybe she'll pretend nothing ever happened! :O
Hooray for Orange Slurpees!
Go to my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/xshibbiex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kanazaka
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13b. I was just thinking that Gemma's story sounds similar to that of Tachyon going to the bowling alley and having a guy hit on her, and Tachyon not liking it. Could this be a reference to the same event? Could Gemma have been at the bowling alley with Tachyon, or found out about this incident some other way? Or could Tachyon's story be an analogy for Bree, telling her not to trust Jonas, just as Gemma's date story could be the same analogy?
varsas2
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is still possible Gemma isn't bad. Yes, it does look like she is working for the order/OpAphid but it may be that she is being coerced into saying what she is saying, hence the 'clues' in her video. It should be noted that she dosn't like Jonas, which would mean he is a 'good guy', since she is spokersperson for the order, Bree should do the opposite of what gemma says. That last video from Tachyon (gemma part 3)...maybe the 'd' in aphid is something like 'just leave her alone and forget about all this', and not death/destroy anything bad.

Maybe gemma will escape from Lucy?
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, having watched the videos, there's one thing I'd like to point out. In the "They Disappeared" video, Gemma talks about a family with a daughter that went through with the ceremony. She talks about how they were warm and friendly and altogether nice people, and then after up and leaving after the ceremony, the letters they sent were...not like them at all.

Kind of like the progression of Gemma's videos, huh?

She starts out seeming like a pretty nice girl. She seems to genuinely care about Bree and wants to help, and even approves of her decision not to do the ceremony. She digs up dirt, she reveals information, and she gets followed because of it. Then, all of a sudden, she's brushing it all off as paranoia. A sudden change in her behaviors and actions like that just seems unnatural, to me. If the Order were really using her to try and control/spy on Bree, why would they have her suddenly change tactics during such a tumultuous time in Bree's current life? It doesn't make sense.

I'd like to put forward that Gemma was working for the Order after the "Scared To Go Home" video. There are plenty of reasons. One of Gemma's big mistakes in that video was revealing that she'd been staying with friends and intended to go to her friend's house to upload the video. If the Order knew who her friends in London were, it would be a pretty simple matter to kidnap one and use them as leverage to get Gemma to do whatever they say. Another theory is that they kidnapped Gemma's flatmate and used her for leverage. Gemma often complains about her flatmate, but if they actually watch TV together, the relationship can't be all bad.

If that's the case, wouldn't Tachyon and/or Brother know? Perhaps the ending of the Gemma V video was meant to throw off the Order. Brother made it look like he'd assassinated Gemma, when in reality the ones that took the bullets were the people following her. Perhaps Gemma is hiding out as we speak, unable or unwilling to post videos?

Or she could've just been a Judas the whole time, but I don't think that's likely.
yoruba
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also think that Gemma was different after the Scared to go home video.
But in Gemma III we see the location she is standing at in that video, and it's in California. So it's probable that she never was in London
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point of the Gemma? videos was to show that she was NEVER in London and that she was on the Order's side all along.
Esteed
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, maybe not. It could be that she was never in London, but what does that prove? In her situation, I'd definitely want to hide where I really live. Why go, "Oh, I'm living in California now, just so the Order knows where to look for me - oh, I mean so you know where I am now, Bree. Of course I wouldn't reveal myself to the Order who probably don't like that I've gone independent and am sharing secrets on the web. That's just silly." And it is just silly. Silly and stupid. Don't let your enemies (or people that could pose a threat to you, enemies or otherwise) know where you really are. It opens you up to all sorts of badness.

Of course, because she really was in California, the Order was able to track her down. Which is where the "Scared To Go Home" video comes in. As far as the Gemma? videos, how do we know when the footage of Gemma and Lucy was shot? Or the footage of Gemma on the payphone? If there's actually been dates given I'll certainly reconsider, but as of right now I say it's still far too early to tell whether Gemma's bad because she's bad, or because she's being forced into it.
Spades
Owen's Helper

Location: Cassie is watching, and so is everyone else, she's not that special.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esteed wrote:

If that's the case, wouldn't Tachyon and/or Brother know? Perhaps the ending of the Gemma V video was meant to throw off the Order. Brother made it look like he'd assassinated Gemma, when in reality the ones that took the bullets were the people following her. Perhaps Gemma is hiding out as we speak, unable or unwilling to post videos?

Or maybe brother killed her to make sure she did not talk.
moulinrye
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliCash really great run down, you had a lot of good points. I still think the "Nut Kills Man" thing ment something...and the rose for sure!

Last edited by moulinrye on Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moulinrye wrote:
EliCash really great run down, you had a lot of good points. I still thing the "Nut Kills Man" thing ment something...and the rose for sure!
Ooh! That never was resolved, was it.

As for the question of Gemma's innocence, we need to consider the effect the Order had on Beast. It could be that Gemma got a dose of what he had and was never really bad at all.
razor33
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: gemma Reply with quote

i think that gemma is working with the order
but is trying to get away from it
it is just so hard because of fear
i hope she isn't dead
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Others in Bree's Life All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: