Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[OOG Talk] - Bringing New Viewers to MA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loobylou
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like we're being manipulated to just bring in more viewers to keep Clara - and Jeromy - sweet. That can't be the answer can it?
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loobylou wrote:
I feel like we're being manipulated to just bring in more viewers to keep Clara - and Jeromy - sweet. That can't be the answer can it?
OOC: Just to be clear, that was my idea to try to help increase viewership and give an in-game excuse for that kind of activity, not something that Jeromy put forward or did anything to promote particularly through Clara. Clara's focus has been to push for increased participation by the current audience, and we are just trying to figure out how to do that. Of course, any puppet master would like viewership to increase, and as a fan of the work on this ARG, I would too, so that it can continue. But there's no manipulation intended here. It's just an idea. If it's not something that appeals to you, perhaps some other 'way to help Clara' might suit you better.
loobylou
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:
loobylou wrote:
OOC: Just to be clear, that was my idea to try to help increase viewership and give an in-game excuse for that kind of activity, not something that Jeromy put forward or did anything to promote particularly through Clara. Clara's focus has been to push for increased participation by the current audience, and we are just trying to figure out how to do that. Of course, any puppet master would like viewership to increase, and as a fan of the work on this ARG, I would too, so that it can continue. But there's no manipulation intended here. It's just an idea. If it's not something that appeals to you, perhaps some other 'way to help Clara' might suit you better.

Sorry Q - maybe I didn't come across the way I intended.

It seems to me that when you suggested increasing viewership, Clara was enthusiastic. Until now, she hasn't been very enthusiastic about anything anyone has suggested! I take her interest as meaning that this would perhaps be along the right lines, and I don't understand why? I want as many people as possible to watch so they can help us to solve the puzzles - we're not having much luck so far. Is this what's intended? Or do you think there's someone in particular who we should bring to the game??

I think manipulation really is the name of the game here, but not necessarily in a completely evil way! Evil or Very Mad Jeromy manipulated all of us by making us fall for Maddison and then taking her away. Similarly he's manipulating us by making Clara the opposite of Maddy, making us feel completely unsympathetic towards her.
JenniPowell
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loobylou wrote:
It seems to me that when you suggested increasing viewership, Clara was enthusiastic.

Actually, she made a snarky comment concerning the increased viewership idea...something about adding sexy tags and titles to the vids to draw in more viewers.

Her enthusiasm came out of the idea that we help her focus her thesis and come up with questions for her interviews.

LonelyJew15: The Original "New Girl"
modelmotion
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: MY QUESTION IS Reply with quote

If we bring in more viewers are we just increasing the audience to watch Clara being murdered?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread was split off by a moderator to try to separate OOG from in-game conversation. Unfortunately, the context of the original comment was thus separated from the comment, making it confusing.

Here is the original thread this conversation stemmed from:
http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12326
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loobylou wrote:
QtheC wrote:
loobylou wrote:

Sorry Q - maybe I didn't come across the way I intended.

It seems to me that when you suggested increasing viewership, Clara was enthusiastic. Until now, she hasn't been very enthusiastic about anything anyone has suggested! I take her interest as meaning that this would perhaps be along the right lines, and I don't understand why? I want as many people as possible to watch so they can help us to solve the puzzles - we're not having much luck so far. Is this what's intended? Or do you think there's someone in particular who we should bring to the game??

I think manipulation really is the name of the game here, but not necessarily in a completely evil way! Evil or Very Mad Jeromy manipulated all of us by making us fall for Maddison and then taking her away. Similarly he's manipulating us by making Clara the opposite of Maddy, making us feel completely unsympathetic towards her.

IG: I'm not sure what Clara feels but she does seem to appreciate the idea that growing her audience for her interviews will reflect well on her efforts, and possibly impress her thesis advisor.

OOG: I think it's a good idea for those who enjoy and appreciate something to recognize that for it to succeed and continue, the audience needs to continue to grow. Numbers = justification to potential advertisers who might, down the road, begin to pay for Jeromy's production efforts. I'm encouraging utilizing word-of-mouth by the current audience to attract more viewers, who might also help us get some answers in-game.
phipunk
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to be careful about is not just the number of viewers, but also the quality of those viewers. No one wants to have to page through 90% noise to pick up 10% signal.

This seems not to be a problem here because of the "self-selection" process; the sort of people who want to solve mysteries and watch a great story unfold are generally going to have decent etiquette. I'm sure we're not anywhere close to the saturation point on this.

To sum up; more viewers is a good thing, but be a little careful with how broadly the message get cast.

[OOG] Audience quality matters to advertisers too!
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QtheC wrote:
This thread was split off by a moderator to try to separate OOG from in-game conversation. Unfortunately, the context of the original comment was thus separated from the comment, making it confusing.

Here is the original thread this conversation stemmed from:
http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12326

Thanks, Q! Should've noted HERE where I moved things from for just that reason...you're the best!

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
loobylou
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JenniPowell wrote:
loobylou wrote:
It seems to me that when you suggested increasing viewership, Clara was enthusiastic.

Actually, she made a snarky comment concerning the increased viewership idea...something about adding sexy tags and titles to the vids to draw in more viewers.

Her enthusiasm came out of the idea that we help her focus her thesis and come up with questions for her interviews.

I took this as meaning she was unsure how to bring more viewers herself, and was asking for her help. I recognised her sarcasm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: