Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New? Start Here {Basic Summary}

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: New? Start Here {Basic Summary} Reply with quote

Hello, welcome to Maddison Atkins(MA). I hope you have came to help, because we need as much as we can get.

Before you jump in however you should know that so far MA is very fast paced, and you will need to be up on the back story so that is makes sense. That being said here is a brief history:

Maddison came to the forums asking for help back in March. She had recieved a message attached to a pigeon. The message led her to discover that a mysterious figure, named Mr. Zipp, had set up several accounts for her. Including YouTube, Revver, Yahoo, and Myspace. In the e-mail account she found a letter from Mr. Zipp. This letter described his goal to save his daughter. The letter also told Maddy to contact us at the LG15 forum. This is the point that it all started. Messages led to drops. Drops gave us pages of a Dr. Seuss book. All of the members of the forums loved to find the drops and decode the messages that led to them, but unfortunately we never deciphered what they meant. Some of the code on the pages urged us to make the audience larger but other than that the puzzles were never solved. Some feel this is what lead to what would come next.
After 3 drops a video surfaced from a one WarpyLOL. WarpyLOL was known as an assassin. The forum community panicked and told Maddison to flee. Maddison after posting her final video ran with Adam her friend. Things were quiet for a little while. No posts from Maddison. On April 29th the unthinkable happened. A video was posted on Maddison's account showing the murders of Maddison and Adam.

Currently Clara Stokes is doing a thesis assigned to her by her advisor she has already interviewed some key people to the story.

This synopsis is probably not enough to get you caught up so there are also some other places you can look for research.

Watch the Videos:
Maddison Atkins' Videos
The WarpyLOL video
Clara Stokes' Videos

Research the Puzzles:
Maddison Avenue wikipedia type resource.
In Forum Summary
Additional summary threads (on unfiction.com) Maddison Atkins - Ch 1 Summary, Maddison Atkins - Ch 2 News{thanks to Q the C for links}

Talk to the Peeps:
Chat interactions with Maddison
IRC at freenode.net- http://java.freenode.net/#maddison
Here on the forums of course.

Put it all Together:
Video time lines: Beginning to Little Help from Whiskey, Little Help from Whiskey to Making My War Nook, Making My War Nook to Third Note No Pigeon, Third Note No Pigeon to No More.

Hopefully all of this will help you, of course you can always pm us with questions if you have them we generaly are a friendly crowd.

Thanks for coming.

X

Last edited by giddeanx on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
GregGallows
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best.Summary.Ever Smile
VeiwerZane
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you said its much better than the technical manual
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, gidd!

Great new summary! Did you want this to replace the current summary thread? I'm thinking of this as the down-and-dirty version with that as the long and thorough one, so I wouldn't even THINK of replacing it, but think they each have a different function, but...your call!

If you want to keep the other, too, would you take a look at what's in your other summary thread (as well as other folks' posts in the thread) and let me know what looks like it could be cleaned and tidied up and out? I've a hunch you've probably got everything in that first message, but I don't want to touch anything without knowing for sure.

Dani has me on a cleaning kick right now, after doing WoW and londonfiles yesterday! I'm thinking we could get prettify that one up mighty nice, too.

In the meantime, I'm gettin' out m' glue stick... Wink

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent you a pm. I like this much better for new people and should be much less overwhelming, but I like having the details handy. In a quandry about it.

X
Danielle
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chershay, Giddeax and I are going to be busting out our brooms in this forum today.

You've been warned.
<DTayl> i'm the bad sister
TheeBerean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... I'm really confused. I was involved in the original MA story and am fully aware of Ch. 1's details... I just recently saw that Ch. 2 began with Clara's posts. Okay... so... Clara is writing a research paper and is posting her interview videos online... awesome, we as an audience get more information on the details surrounding the murder of Maddy and Adam...

So... what are we supposed to do? Watch the videos and let Clara write her paper? Maybe answer some questions for her if she needs help? I am totally lost as to what purpose we should be accomplishing here. So far, the only thing at stake is that Clara may write a bad paper which could keep her from graduating... Am I missing something here??

~tb
giddeanx
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheeBerean wrote:
Okay... I'm really confused. I was involved in the original MA story and am fully aware of Ch. 1's details... I just recently saw that Ch. 2 began with Clara's posts. Okay... so... Clara is writing a research paper and is posting her interview videos online... awesome, we as an audience get more information on the details surrounding the murder of Maddy and Adam...

So... what are we supposed to do? Watch the videos and let Clara write her paper? Maybe answer some questions for her if she needs help? I am totally lost as to what purpose we should be accomplishing here. So far, the only thing at stake is that Clara may write a bad paper which could keep her from graduating... Am I missing something here??

~tb

Actually at this point that is all I see as well. I think we are trying to push here toward finding answers.

X
QtheC
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additional summary threads (on unfiction.com):

Maddison Atkins - Ch 1 Summary

Maddison Atkins - Ch 2 News
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Maddison Atkins: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: