Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

YouTube video annotations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitsaber691
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: YouTube video annotations Reply with quote

A few of us in IRC have noticed that some old LG15 videos have recently had annotations added. We're compiling a spreadsheet on Google Docs to record them all. There are 113 videos to go through, and we'd love some help!

Euro 2016 Status: Sad
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: YouTube video annotations Reply with quote

kitsaber691 wrote:
A few of us in IRC have noticed that some old LG15 videos have recently had annotations added. We're compiling a spreadsheet on Google Docs to record them all. There are 113 videos to go through, and we'd love some help!

I've been rewatching so I can try to help. I just don't know how to find annotations unless someone tells me exactly where to look. Is there a setting I should have turned on?
WriterGirl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whaaat? That is crazy. Man, M has been busy.

I will be no help because in computer years my laptop is basically a Neanderthal, so I have to watch YouTube on my phone and annotations never show up for me. But I'll be cheering y'all on!
mnbeeler
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: YouTube video annotations Reply with quote

kitsaber691 wrote:

okay, is anyone checking any of the other account videos... like the ones that daile made and all that jazz for clues too? has someone looked into that because i can start there...
werewolfbitevictim
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually started re-watching because I was afraid they might have done something like this. I'm in season 2 now I'll keep an eye out for any annotations. Right now I'm bogged down with college work so we'll see what I can do during 10 min breaks from it. Keep at it guys!
solostinlost
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ughhh I've been rewatching on my TV and it doesn't show annotations. I could have missed so many. Womp.
jessivitz
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we add a column for a link to the video? Some videos I can't find easily!!
Scorpo
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through the 150 first videos yesterday and used https://stefansundin.github.io/youtube-copy-annotations/ to get the XML file for the video which contains the annotation information. Then today whilst browsing reddit a user pointed out that they had noticed some of the recorded files in the spreadsheet no longer had the annotation on it. The only video I found (33- Swimming! www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q_y0HdJ4x8) has had the annotation hidden but is still viewable in the XML file. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon/evening (24 hours from now) I should be able to go through the rest of the videos.
grace2_89
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorpo wrote:
I went through the 150 first videos yesterday and used https://stefansundin.github.io/youtube-copy-annotations/ to get the XML file for the video which contains the annotation information. Then today whilst browsing reddit a user pointed out that they had noticed some of the recorded files in the spreadsheet no longer had the annotation on it. The only video I found (33- Swimming! www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q_y0HdJ4x8) has had the annotation hidden but is still viewable in the XML file. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon/evening (24 hours from now) I should be able to go through the rest of the videos.

I remember what started this whole annotation a few days ago was that swimming annotation...it's actually hidden under the time bar at the bottom. I'm at work so can't check - but maybe it is still visible?
chyell
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grace2_89 wrote:

I remember what started this whole annotation a few days ago was that swimming annotation...it's actually hidden under the time bar at the bottom. I'm at work so can't check - but maybe it is still visible?

It's still visible you just have to highlight over it with your cursor.

WriterGirl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it goes like this?:

Bree: "Whatever happened to that girl, Cassie?"
Annotation (by M, I'm assuming): "shewashere".

I'm...freaking out a little, not gonna lie. That's really, really intriguing to me.
LaurenB
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone click it?
grace2_89
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaurenB wrote:
Can anyone click it?

It's actually not a clickable annotation, just text. Also, dunno when it was added. It could have been years ago, possibly part of CiW or something.
Scorpo
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now been through all of the Season 1 videos from the playlist (which misses a few on the spreadsheet) the only extra I've added is:
Code:
186   Watch This!   DANIEL   LONELYGIRL15   February 16, 2007   join the resistance!!   00:30-00:55

Which is possibly an old annotation however its important to note that Youtube annotations were launched in June 2008 (a full year and a half after this video was posted) the link from the annotation takes you to the lg15 resistance youtube page. https://www.youtube.com/user/lg15theresistance?annotation_id=annotation_831767&feature=iv&src_vid=5LELNIVyMqo

grace2_89 wrote:
LaurenB wrote:
Can anyone click it?

It's actually not a clickable annotation, just text. Also, dunno when it was added. It could have been years ago, possibly part of CiW or something.

I distinctly remember it being in place of the Next button when I first viewed the video and has since been changed. I could be wrong.. but it might actually be a 'clue'
BusyAsABree
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: YouTube video annotations Reply with quote

kitsaber691 wrote:

THIS IS SO EXCITING! I am already done with my Season 1 rewatch, and was mostly listening to it in the background of work. It's so cool that that's happening though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Clues and Puzzles All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: