Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey wait a minute....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PushedButton
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seemed to have missed my point...

My point, in the simplest terms I can think of, is 'a free tshirt is a crap prize'.
trainer101
Moderator Manager

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PushedButton wrote:

My point, in the simplest terms I can think of, is 'a free tshirt is a crap prize'.

Crappy or not, it's a common prize in t-shirt design contests. Those who are participating are doing it for fun anyway, the same reason we participate in the forums.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I retract the cyber eye poke I inflicted on trainer, earlier.
Holden
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think any graphic designer would like to add a "designer of lonelygirl15 merchandise" credit to their resume.

If your resume doesn't need the credit, you probably don't be needing to do any contests.

Anybody else probably is a fan who is happy to apart of the team and will be happy with any prize.

Having said that TShirt Hell has an open submission contest http://www.tshirthell.com/ideas.htm with the prize being "$200 plus 10 free shirts of your choice" if they use it. Personally the if they use it part makes me suspicious. They could use something similar to your submitted idea and give you squat.
GertrudeBeast
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PushedButton wrote:

No one missed your point.
funwithfundip
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kateycat has an excellent point. I, too, have done commissions and let me tell you, for an "International Phenomenon" such as LG15, a free shirt is a slap in the face.
I guess you guys should enter knowing that the "fun of it" is the prize.
GertrudeBeast
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funwithfundip wrote:
kateycat has an excellent point. I, too, have done commissions and let me tell you, for an "International Phenomenon" such as LG15, a free shirt is a slap in the face.

An International Phenomenon that isn't exactly raking in the dough. So relish your "slap in the face."

I don't know how much more plain to make it to you ingrates.
jsmith
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: my 2 cents Reply with quote

In the coming months, weeks, and even days, everyone here will be given the opportunity to participate in the creation, advertisement, and discussion of lonelygirl15.

This t-shirt contest is just one of the ways we are allowing you all, the fans, to participate in the creative process. TW, the creators, various admins for the forums/lgpedia, and even myself could have come up with our own shirt designs and never involved the fans themselves.

We are offering a prize, yes. The real prize, however, is the ability to participate. You are becoming a part of the lonelygirl15 "international phenomenon" not just an observer of it.

I cannot go into great detail about the future opportunities for participation, but I can say that they will involve new additions to the site in which I am responsible for. Some of these additions have been discussed with the fans before, and some have not. Some of those additions may have prizes, but most will not.

One thing still remains true, however, and that is that the fans will be given more and more direct participation in the series.

I'm saying this as a fellow fan, and a friend, not as an admin:

Let's stop fighting over the prizes and start enjoying the ability to participate.

Thanks
GertrudeBeast
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: my 2 cents Reply with quote

Amen and amen.

Thanks for the opportunity.
livelongandprosper77
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree there is no need to fight about prizes and such. It is fun just being able to take part in not only this T-Shirt contest but the interaction in the forum as well. It has been more than enough of an award for me anything else offered is just a nice bonus Very Happy

Lonelygirl15: "Time for another episode of p-r-o-v-i-n-g s-c-i-e-n-c-e wronngggg!" Smile

Capt. Picard: "Tea Earl Grey, hot"
Bella Bourjade
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although this has really already been said, I wanted to give my $.02.

Holden is right. I'm a graphic designer, and I have to say that the attention a contest like this could bring to a designer has a chance to be beneficial (if you're not bound by contract, as GertrudeBeast has mentioned). But, if you're looking for all-out glory, this obviously isn't the contest for you. There are other art contests out there with better prizes, so seek those out if you're really that interested in rewards and/or recognition. This is really more about supporting LG15. >.<

Keep in mind that most t-shirt contests *DO* give out "crappy" prizes, but the prizes aren't really the point. It's more of the distinction of winning and the fact that you're supporting something you care about/that interests you/etc. I'd much rather that the creators place more money toward future projects than contest prizes.

The damons are eating my brians!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GertrudeBeast wrote:
funwithfundip wrote:

An International Phenomenon that isn't exactly raking in the dough. So relish your "slap in the face."

I don't know how much more plain to make it to you ingrates.

ditto to the above. i would totally do this for free if it would bring profit to lg15.
GertrudeBeast
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that whats rewarding about the possibility of being linked to LG15 (besides wanting to help the creators, which is a given) is that its not just a very popular show - It's a new medium. They're pioneers in the entertainment industry. There will be spinoffs and copycats, but as far as I'm aware, they did it first.

And you could be a part of that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Nostalgia Land All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: