Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Facts to support Thelema.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trombonegds
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Facts to support Thelema. Reply with quote

I've been reading about this whole religion and it mentions "yoga" several times. Hence, the exercises Bree has to learn. I hadn't seen anyone mention that on here so I thought I would start a thread to kind of put the things that corroborate Bree's religion as Thelema.
JacksAndDouches
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good find, while researching that I came across some references to blood drawn as well as part of thelemite mass of some sorts...keep on hunting my friend we will get to the bottom of this soon!

PS Any people involved with this religion are heavily encouraged to join in, set facts straight, etc...might as well get help from the 'experts' right!?
Cordellgary
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: unicursal hexagram Reply with quote

The unicursal hexagram that is on the top and bottom of this homepage could be a sign. We need to watch for it in the videos.
dkclay
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacksAndDouches wrote:
good find, while researching that I came across some references to blood drawn as well as part of thelemite mass of some sorts...keep on hunting my friend we will get to the bottom of this soon!

In her latest video (about sneaking off to go bowling) she takes iron pills. To enrich her blood perhaps? Interesting, eh?
smithdawg
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, in her "grounded" video, she has a plaster on her arm. Maybe she had been practicing the rituals.

This stuff is real intriguing, even though it isn't "real" its still very interesting!
solasura
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am hoping it isnt some sick pagan ritual where they'll sacrifice her as a virgin... poor bree!!!
dave
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, there are also the facts (several of which have been rementioned here) in the first thread on this topic:

First Mystery Solved: Thelema:

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=340
steamywndr
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bandage look slike she had an injection, they don;t take bloof from your upper arm, they do it from a vein.

I doubt the pills are actually iron pills. She never says they are, it just seems like she's aggreeing with Daniel bc she doesn't want to say what they are.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after reading the wikipedia entry on lonelygirl15 and on Thelema, my only question is: why are her parents so strict? The strictness they've shown is more commonly associated with a strict Christianity, not a religion that seems based around doing what you will. I'm sure there's more to that, and of course any parents of any religion can be strict to protect their children, but the strictness doesn't seem to be a part of Thelema. And she makes it sound like they're strict because of her religion. Just seems odd to me.
steamywndr
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we should be christeo-centric in our interpretation. Take christianity/strictness out of the equation and see what you have then--they're probably strict bc they're protecting her from the outside world, ie, no thelemites. Danile went to the camp last year which is why she's allowe dot hang out with him, ut now that he's been rebelling he has been banned from the house.
dave
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Kid wrote:
The strictness they've shown is more commonly associated with a strict Christianity, not a religion that seems based around doing what you will.

Or perhaps strict Islam? Or Judaism? Or almost any other religion?

Or strictly ensuring some preferred state prior to a significant ceremony? (this one's got my bet)

The Book of the Law states both "do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" and "love is the law, love under will." Additionally, Thelema encourages individual interpretation of the The Book of the Law, and discourages sharing your interpretation with others.

So, I suppose that some family could interpret things however they chose -- especially both of those statements.

Also, note that Crowley is not using the word "will" in the same sense that most modern Americans use it. It takes on a different level of meaning in his works, more along the lines of its use when associated with god, i.e., "god willed this to occur."
syncomm
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave wrote:
Also, note that Crowley is not using the word "will" in the same sense that most modern Americans use it. It takes on a different level of meaning in his works, more along the lines of its use when associated with god, i.e., "god willed this to occur."

That is an important observation, Crowley was heavily influenced by eastern thought. "Will" in his terms should be thought of along the lines of "duty" in Hinduism. It has a feeling more akin to destiny or the ultimate purpose of a being, as opposed to the type of anarchy interpretation most people afford it at first glance.
dave
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that "will" is also Crowley's basis for magick (i.e., "causing reality to conform to will").
foolslovehermits
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Nonsense Reply with quote

The creators have either done little to no research or they are deliberately constructing their own warped version of Thelema on the fly.

Bogus Thelema that bears no resemblance to any Thelema anyone practices complete with ridiculous Crowley altar, bogus "purity bond", strict parents, summer camps, rituals parents can't attend and languages no one has spoken in ages.

It's typical silly Hollywood style nonsense. It is not representative of Thelema in the real world.
Tinakinz
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying Thelema ALL along. the greek characters at the bottom of the main page PROVES that. Go to your character map on your computer and type it in, then go to google, the first thing to pop up MENTIONS Thelema!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: