Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0182 - "Science Proved Nothing" [4/28/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I think that no matter what happens, people are going to complain. People were complaining when there were too many "on the run" videos, and now people are complaining that there aren't enough dramatic videos. Nobody is going to be happy all the time, and I trust the Creators enough to trust that they know what they're doing.
betz28
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup...me too!
Nostarah
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody really knows what they want, they only think they do, and when they get it, that's when they realise they didn't want it in the first place.

Or

What we want deep down inside isn't always what we want right now.

Or some such other silly thing
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree with you more, Nostarah. Very Happy
Leaven
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My complaint is that the last few videos haven't really even done any character development. At least the slower videos in the past had that. These don't really seem to have much of anything going on.
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<putting on asbestos apron and picking up broom>

In an effort to make things a wee bit more readable'n'friendly 'round here, we're just gonna do a little bit of dusting...and sweeping...and tidying up a bit... (besides, if I pitch in on doing it around here in the virtual world...I can avoid doing the laundry'n'stuff here at the house...) Laughing

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
Nostarah
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aah...substitution of work...how I love thee. <3

Back on topic: I'm sure we'll have something in the next two vids anyways. Someone will show up, or somebody will remember something, or bree will get through to Jules in some fashion. It's just how it'll be. XD
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to please everyone usually ends up with no one being pleased. Some creative control, instead of listening to every whim or opinion, should be maintained.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have much to say lol. Hench the reason I didn't post earlier. I like the conclusion though. Laughing
Hooray for Orange Slurpees!
Go to my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/xshibbiex

Last edited by watching_watchers on Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think this video was a waste of time, and 100% a waste of time.

However at least it only wasted under a min of my time, and I'm sick so I guess it's not so bad, nothing better to really be doing.

it was cute I'll give them that. And there were some funny lines.

I think most people beyond action... just want answers. We've been waiting for REAL answers for a very long time. Answers that matter and that we haven't already figured out for ourselves. I know that's what I want, if this video had some real depth and some answers in it, it wouldn't of been so bad.

I also think people are grumpy over the general lack of happenings all the way around. The fan fic things are pretty quiet nothing has really gone on in LG in a week or so. People are over all fed up, and just trying to let it out I think. and I don't think that's such a bad thing.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, what is it, 46 seconds of wasted time? I think the guys were called in to do this real quick, because of the forum situation being so bad.

I mean, we haven't gotten a vid on the weekend in at least a month.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creators, stop trying to please everyone. It makes everyone unhappy, because of inconsistency.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Juli 100 percent. I have often felt the Creators were trying too hard to please the fans. Trying too hard often leads to failure. Not that they shouldn't pay attention to our complaints, but they can't keep changing people's personalities and weird things like that. I mean, Bree has gone from immature cute girl, to psychotic schitzophrenic dating-a-stuffed-monkey weirdo, to spoiled bitch, to badass wannabe, to mature, calm, girly, i-want-to-save-the-new-girl young woman. I understand she's growing and maturing, but man, that's a lot of changes in just under a year!

Anyway, someone said this earlier but I'm too lazy to scroll up and check: I totally agree that the main problem is the lack of character development. I typically avoid complaining in the forums because I know I'll get snippy remarks about how useless my comments are, but since no one seems too satisfied right now, I guess I'm safe. Plus there isn't much to say about this video that WOULDN'T be useless. Normally the calmer periods in the series have been pretty enjoyable even without action because we get to learn new things. I would like to see Jonas, Bree, Daniel talk more about their pasts and their feelings. Instead, Bree is mostly talking about her suspicions of Julia's life, and Jonas and Daniel are performing strange hypnotic rituals on each other and bickering about alcohol. For example, I loved the "run for life" or whatever video. I felt like Jonas opened up about how he handles stress and stuff. I liked the video "Bree Phone Home" because Bree brought up things about her family, etc. My complaints are because I haven't learned anything new. I've been watching the videos and afterwards thinking, "Okay, what do I know now? Nothing I hadn't already." Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Toodles!
ShardinsKitten
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think the creators need to take some writing courses. Learn how to right a cohesive story. There are more holes in this then there are in swiss cheese. (I think I'm borrowing that from someone around here on the forums somewhere but I don't remember who Embarassed )

This is just sad... not everyone can be happy, but it seems no one is happy as it is. Yea we all want interaction but we still need a coherent and cohesive story first and foremost.

It would be best to set up situations where we get to have pull. For example, giving ideas on how BD&J can remember what happened when they were captured. Or helping them solve other problems. But the creators need to lay out the story line 95% of the way, other wise we just get this jumbled mess with no answers.

There is a lot of potential here and we've seen the creators do much better. But at the same time, in the last few months little by little we've seen that this isn't headed anywhere, and really not headed anywhere anytime soon.
Samara
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chershaytoute wrote:
<putting on asbestos apron and picking up broom>

In an effort to make things a wee bit more readable'n'friendly 'round here, we're just gonna do a little bit of dusting...and sweeping...and tidying up a bit... (besides, if I pitch in on doing it around here in the virtual world...I can avoid doing the laundry'n'stuff here at the house...) Laughing

Why? The entire thread is nothing but people bitching about the lame video.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: