Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Should We Trust Anything? (Anything goes thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Hidden Clues? Reply with quote

hodabes wrote:
twjaniak wrote:
Neither ciw.com nor cassieiswatching.com has ever had anything to do with the official Cassieiswatching storyline which has only been communicated to us through YouTube.

No offense, but you don't know that. The moderators around here seem to have a habit of stating their opinions as fact.

That's because we've been around here a long time and have read posts that have revealed information. Scroll down to September 16th of the Cassie Timeline sticky.
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toadlguy wrote:
The only problem with that, is after awhile all the forums fill up with needless noise making it impossible to discuss ideas where the majority of this forum are in agreement. The prob. with non YTCassie discussion is that they really have been confirmed to not being part of what YTCassie is doing. That means that everything they say will distract from the YTCassie ARG - really. On the otherhand - if any of them manage to actually put something together that is compelling maybe more so than YTCassie, then I'm sure people will want to follow their stuff. So far it has been both distracting and as far as I can tell, exceedingly lame.

This isn't an ARG board, though. Those interested in just solving Cassie's clues can hang out at the unforms. This is a fansite, where fans want to discuss everything even remotely related to the thing they're fanatical about. If you go to your favorite band's website you'll find people talking about similar music, and covers, and parodies, because they're interested in that stuff.

Also, MySpace Cassie is fake, but no more fake than YouTube Cassie, which is no more fake than lonelygirl15. I choose to ignore MySpace Cassie, but I'm not going to get upset with people who don't.
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hodabes wrote:

I respect the moderators, by the way, for taking the time to try and organize threads and move them to the proper forums. I just don't think moderators should be stating their opinions as fact, because they only have ideas as strong as yours or mine but people will blindly follow them assuming that they've got some sort of inside scoop.

No inside scoop, just well-versed in past threads on this board and capable of logical conclusion making. YT CiW started this game. She is the only one to have provided clues that have had a real world presence. She has been the only one to initiate subsequent steps in the story. No other Cassie has propelled the story forward or has given us anything useful to work with.
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Hidden Clues? Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
That's because we've been around here a long time and have read posts that have revealed information. Scroll down to September 16th of the Cassie Timeline sticky.

I've been here longer than you. You're missing my point: people should be able to discuss whatever they want without constantly being told that their opinions are invalid.
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Hidden Clues? Reply with quote

hodabes wrote:
I've been here longer than you. You're missing my point: people should be able to discuss whatever they want without constantly being told that their opinions are invalid.

I doubt anyone disputes that. However, there are other places to discuss things not YTcassie. There's "Cassie - MySpace and Ebay" and "Assorted Videos and Accounts" for those discussions about any other Cassie that might pop up.

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
twjaniak
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Hidden Clues? Reply with quote

hodabes wrote:
You're missing my point: people should be able to discuss whatever they want without constantly being told that their opinions are invalid.

Not if those opinions stand to discredit information that has already been revealed to be fact.

Yes YT Cassie is fake, but its her game alone. CiW is an ARG now, and this subforum is now about an ARG.
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Hidden Clues? Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
I doubt anyone disputes that. However, there are other places to discuss things not YTcassie. There's "Cassie - MySpace and Ebay" and "Assorted Videos and Accounts" for those discussions about any other Cassie that might pop up.

Agreed. Threads posted in the wrong forum should be moved. The problem is that people will naturally bring up correlating ideas in threads that are about YouTube Cassie, and when they do they're told that their idea is wrong and not worthy of discussion.
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Hidden Clues? Reply with quote

twjaniak wrote:
Not if those opinions stand to discredit information that has already been revealed to be fact.

You're not in charge of peoples opinions, nor deciding what is fact. Obviously you feel very strongly about your stance, but it's not the only position to take. Clearly people here are interested in these discussions, and they will have them no matter how many times somebody says that it's stupid. The community will decide on its own.

Right now there are three annoncements posted at the top of this forum -- two by you and one from Terryfic. Both of yours say exactly the same thing: do not talk about any other Cassie. Terryfic's says "I would advise you" to keep discussion focused on YouTube Cassie. The difference is slight, but important, and there is no need for two additional announcements.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Hidden Clues? Reply with quote

hodabes wrote:
Right now there are three annoncements posted at the top of this forum

It probably would be a good idea to combine elements of the other two announcements into the new one, since the new one provides links and other extremely helpful information. One longer and more detailed announcement would be more effective.
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I should apologize to Sephern for how off-topic this thread has gotten. twjaniak, please feel free to split our little argument off into another thread.
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

close this damn thread... no use having the same friggin' argument!
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc wrote:
close this damn thread... no use having the same friggin' argument!

I think the argument is perfectly valid, and there's certainly no reason to lock Sephern's thread. We can simply split the arguing posts into their own topic and leave this thread to its original purpose.
sc
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, agreed, leave the original (plus a couple) posts, but the rest of this? it's been on, like, half the threads.
vertigo
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that "I've been here longer than you" is a valid argument.

For all we know, we probably have lurkers not even registered that have been here longer than everyone...
Hodabes
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vertigo wrote:
I don't think that "I've been here longer than you" is a valid argument.

Oh, I agree -- actually that was my point. I was responding to twjaniak's post saying he states his opinions as fact because he's been here a long time. My point was that I've been here longer but have a different opinion than him, so how long you've been here doesn't seem to matter. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: