Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lonelygirl's religion - a twist?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Penny
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, it can't be every religion. This theory is debunked since we know that they aren't christian. They don't believe in Jesus.

So, yeah...
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't mean that they didn't take things from several religions to make their own fictional one, though, now does it?
Lost
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny wrote:
Sorry, it can't be every religion. This theory is debunked since we know that they aren't christian. They don't believe in Jesus.

So, yeah...

she never said she doesn't believe in Jesus, she said she wasn't a Christian (yes there is a difference)
Penny
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost wrote:
Penny wrote:

So, yeah...

she never said she doesn't believe in Jesus, she said she wasn't a Christian (yes there is a difference)

Please tell me the difference...if you mean that she believes that Jesus was a real person but just doesn't worship him then yeah, you are right, there is a difference.

Even then, for the whole 'Bree's religion being every religion' theory doesn't really work for me. The religion would have had to be portrayed more generic/non-denominational. They haven't done that.

Last edited by Penny on Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost wrote:
Penny wrote:

So, yeah...

Many Muslims believe in Jesus, but they're not christian.
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
tannhaus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:

Hare Krishnas too. They even believe that Jesus is the son of god.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Christian believes that Jesus was the Messiah.

Muslims see Jesus as a prophet, but not the Messiah, so while they believe in Jesus to an degree they are not Christians.

Many people believe he existed, but not that he was the Messiah.

Many differences, Penny.
Penny
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
sororyzbl wrote:

Hare Krishnas too. They even believe that Jesus is the son of god.

I don't know anything about Hare Krishnas even though we bought a book from them once...I never read it. I am not about to research that religion as well so I will take your word for it...

I am just going to state that Bree's religion would have had to be portrayed more generic for this 'Every religion' theory to be right (IMHO).
tannhaus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny wrote:
<i>IS</i> Bree really being brainwashed? If so, is that right? It's in the name of religion so...you tell me. What about the people who don't agree with modern medicine so they let their children die instead of get any medical help since it is GODS WILL (that's what they believe...not I, so long as there is something that can be done to save them) that their child die?

First, I enjoyed reading your post. I know we're nitpicking with the Jesus thing a little. But, I wanted to say that...in case you think we don't like you or something.

As far as bree being brainwashed, there really is no such thing. That is more of a myth than anything.

As far as letting children die because they think it's god's will....people who do that are prosecuted for it.
Penny
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

Muslims see Jesus as a prophet, but not the Messiah, so while they believe in Jesus to an degree they are not Christians.

Many differences, Penny.

I got that...you just got to read my response up there ^

okay so I am not convinced of this theory but I was thinking that if it is what the creators did. If they created their own religion...where would this religion belong? How would it be categorized? Would it need it's own category (ie: Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Wicca...etc...would Bree's religion be considered 'OTHER')? Just a question...
Penny
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
Penny wrote:
<i>IS</i> Bree really being brainwashed? If so, is that right? It's in the name of religion so...you tell me. What about the people who don't agree with modern medicine so they let their children die instead of get any medical help since it is GODS WILL (that's what they believe...not I, so long as there is something that can be done to save them) that their child die?

First, I enjoyed reading your post. I know we're nitpicking with the Jesus thing a little. But, I wanted to say that...in case you think we don't like you or something.

As far as bree being brainwashed, there really is no such thing. That is more of a myth than anything.

As far as letting children die because they think it's god's will....people who do that are prosecuted for it.

What about the amish? They don't use any modern technology (for the most part). Do they get prosecuted if they let their children die of cancer?
What about the amish little girl that was taken off of life support (she was shot in that horrible school shooting a few weeks back) by the request of the family so she could go home to die...I don't think the law stopped them...

Oh and thanks...I really enjoy this discussion even if it started out slamming all fundimentalists Wink
Lost
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny wrote:
Lost wrote:
Penny wrote:

So, yeah...

Please tell me the difference...if you mean that she believes that Jesus was a real person but just doesn't worship him then yeah, you are right, there is a difference.

Even then, for the whole 'Bree's religion being every religion' theory doesn't really work for me. The religion would have had to be portrayed more generic/non-denominational. They haven't done that.

Outside of what was mentioned above.
Some people believe that following the path of Jesus and following the path of a Christan are two different things.
toadlguy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know - whatever the outcome of the lg15 saga, and intentionally or not, this has created a forum where alot of ideas about religion, belief and our perception of reality are being discussed - by alot of people with very divergent views and approaches.

I find it fascinating.

I would love to see more on the "Proving Science Wrong" theme - but that's just my background (I went to MIT - not much philosophy or theology there lol).
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

Many differences, Penny.

I got that...you just got to read my response up there ^

okay so I am not convinced of this theory but I was thinking that if it is what the creators did. If they created their own religion...where would this religion belong? How would it be categorized? Would it need it's own category (ie: Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Wicca...etc...would Bree's religion be considered 'OTHER')? Just a question...

I believe it's a fictional religion...they took ideas from other religions and organizations to make their own for this story.
Penny
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:

I believe it's a fictional religion...they took ideas from other religions and organizations to make their own for this story.

I know its fictional, I was just wondering if this fictional religion would fit in any exsisting category.

edit: I am just wondering what everyone else thinks. I find this conversation to be pretty interesting

Last edited by Penny on Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Her Religion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: