Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bree's Mom - videos don't make sense
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also the possibility of family folklore. Bree wasn't there when her parents me (obviously), but has heard them tell the tale. Stories that get told and re-told can sometimes change in the telling...not much, not as a purposeful lie, but just to make the story..."better."

Just another thought...maybe...? Very Happy

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
sparkybennett
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even someone who is shy and introverted can have moments of passion.
Especially when they find something that they feel strongly about.

And Bree describes her mother as someone who takes her side against her father, that does not mean she was not emotionally the closest with her father. A close relationship between Bree and her father may be the reason why her mother would take her side more often.

JMO. Rolling Eyes
Libra
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkybennett wrote:

And Bree describes her mother as someone who takes her side against her father, that does not mean she was not emotionally the closest with her father. A close relationship between Bree and her father may be the reason why her mother would take her side more often.

JMO. Rolling Eyes

I agree with this. Bree's mother might have taken Bree's side on things in order to get closer to Bree. Doesn't mean it worked.

I don't know, to me at least the story seems to fit together well and stay continuous.
Aithne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is possible for Bree to have a closer relationship with her Dad, but her mom was better at understanding a young girls desires (needing to spend the day at home with a hot water bottle once a month...you know the things you would have to be a woman to relate to), and mom stood up for Bree during those times (when Dad just didn't get it) so Bree thought (at the time), that mom would understand and side with her on the party thing.
As far as the assertive thing...I think the Creators have a really hard job of writing the story as they go along. If you think about it most writers are able to fully develop their characters, and decide how important each character's role in the story will be. LG15 Creators are not given that luxury because we influence the story and are able to change the direction of the characters, or plot as the story unfolds. So our story is going to have a few inconsistencies as the creators change direction of the story based on OUR responses.

Quote taken from comments section of the Losing my Religion video on the LG15 main page.
We see the same character behavior transition with Alex's character:
Quote:

The Creators Says:
April 3rd, 2007 at 10:53 pm

Oh, also as an FYI…

As you know, our show is interactive. You can talk to characters, solve puzzles and participate in the ARG elements of the show, and also influence the direction we take.

Although we spend a lot of time developing the plot (especially the intricacies of the Order and the grander story of LG15), we provide room to take the story in different directions.

As an example, the storyline that began this week with Alex was added because of your positive reactions towards her character and the actress who portrays her, Bitsie Tulloch.

Thanks everyone for taking part in the LG15 experience. We enjoy creating this new type of entertainment as much as you enjoy coming along for the ride.

Miles
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLP wrote:
Killthesmiley wrote:
, or she saw a man that struck her fancy (ok yea this made me laugh to) and wanted to go up and talk to him, saw that fate gave her the perfect chance and did so.
Could you elaborate, Kelly? I'm not sure what you mean.
Ok, Kelly, I got you now. You were referring to Bree's mom. For some reason I thought you were referring to Bree. *smacks side of head with palm*
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.

Last edited by longlostposter on Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
epogen
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno, bree did kind of reverse her story of her mom , but she told us how her parents met before she met with her dad, so we don't really know what information he added in that exchange.

that being said, it wouldn't be the first reversal or loose end.
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkybennett wrote:
I agree. I am very introverted, but when I hear something that just rubs me the wrong way, (especially if I don't know the person), I will most certainly bring it up.
gjtko2007
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
she might have heard them discussing a topic that is close to her heart, or she saw a man that struck her fancy (ok yea this made me laugh to) and wanted to go up and talk to him, saw that fate gave her the perfect chance and did so.

sparkybennett wrote:

I agree with both Killthesmiley and sparkybennett. It could be an inconsistency or even a retcon (did I just say that? Shocked Laughing ), but I don't think so. I think that Bree's mom was already looking in the Thelemic direction when she and Bree's dad met, and that what was described in the "Rosencrantz and Guilderstein" incident was that Bree's mom was sticking up for a philosophy that she was coming to believe very strongly in. Because she was the philosopher and he wasn't, she won the debate (and his heart in the process Smile ) It was only later that both of Bree's parents completely accepted the Hymn of One, after they had been "an item" for a while (though I would think Dad was the more reluctant believer out of the couple Smile )
Susan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gjtko2007 wrote:
It was only later that both of Bree's parents completely accepted the Hymn of One, after they had been "an item" for a while (though I would think Dad was the more reluctant believer out of the couple Smile )

Because Dad left and mom didn't? Question
gjtko2007
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not really. I personally think Bree's dad just accepted after Bree's mom had already converted, so that they wouldn't create endless conflicts over it (not to mention all the benefits The Order would have offered to him if he accepted as well Smile ). It's only when Bree is being prepared for the ceremony that dad realizes something isn't right and later tries to defect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: