Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0057 I Listened To Daniel [10/24/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmi-Chan
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweetie55 wrote:
"The man may be the head, but the woman is the neck and the neck can turn the head any way she wants to".

that's an awesome quote
chanda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cbowen4"]
chanda wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
MeNotYou wrote:
Truth-in-Science wrote:
I know plenty of Christians, for example, who would inject their child with something if they were told to by an authority figure from the Church, especially if they were only told: "Don't worry, it's good for them."

Just a thought that maybe to them, religion supersedes family.

REally? I sure don't.

Yeah me either!

A 1998 article in Pediatrics lists 172 children who died betwen 1975 and 1995 due to medical treatment being withheld because of religious beliefs. That's not the same as a religion telling them to do something either harmful or secret, but clearly religious belief can lead to harm in some cases.

But how many of the 172 were of the Christian faith? That was my point. I totally agree that people of some faiths do this, but I have never known of Christians to do this.
rodrigogar
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neither

www.youtube.com/user/rodrigogar

http://lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=913&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1110
chanda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeNotYou wrote:
iamcool wrote:
chanda wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
MeNotYou wrote:
I know plenty of Christians, for example, who would inject their child with something if they were told to by an authority figure from the Church, especially if they were only told: "Don't worry, it's good for them."

REally? I sure don't.

Yeah me either!

me either!, i wouldnt even inject my dog with something the vet told me was good for him without checking it out 1st

You (all of the above and probably more) are thinking as you... Not them. Is it really that hard to believe that maybe they are just following orders? I mean, i think we can get historical here and think of a lot of people who have done a lot of stupid s**t because they were told to.

I (as in me) am thinking as a Christian, which the post was originally about. I have never heard of Christians giving thier children shots bc the "authority figure" of the church said to. I wasn't even talking about Bree or her parents in this instance.
chanda
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="lonelygirl"]
Penny wrote:
chanda wrote:
My thoughts on the video:

1) I'm glad that they are being so cute again!! (Even though you'd think Daniel would have been more excited that she was there?)
2) Why do they have to wear hats when they are being sneaky?

who cares about why they're wearing the hat. i thought bree looked really cute in that outfit.

Wow! It was a joke. Bc Daniel was wearing a hat in the vid where he's hiding and now Bree is wearing one. Just a joke.
sunbean
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="chanda"]
cbowen4 wrote:
chanda wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
MeNotYou wrote:
Truth-in-Science wrote:

REally? I sure don't.

Yeah me either!

A 1998 article in Pediatrics lists 172 children who died betwen 1975 and 1995 due to medical treatment being withheld because of religious beliefs. That's not the same as a religion telling them to do something either harmful or secret, but clearly religious belief can lead to harm in some cases.

But how many of the 172 were of the Christian faith? That was my point. I totally agree that people of some faiths do this, but I have never known of Christians to do this.

Just a guess, but many may have been Christian Science or Amish. I'll bet there are many, many more cases that go unreported though
MeNotYou
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chanda wrote:
MeNotYou wrote:
iamcool wrote:
chanda wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
MeNotYou wrote:

REally? I sure don't.

Yeah me either!

me either!, i wouldnt even inject my dog with something the vet told me was good for him without checking it out 1st

You (all of the above and probably more) are thinking as you... Not them. Is it really that hard to believe that maybe they are just following orders? I mean, i think we can get historical here and think of a lot of people who have done a lot of stupid s**t because they were told to.

I (as in me) am thinking as a Christian, which the post was originally about. I have never heard of Christians giving thier children shots bc the "authority figure" of the church said to. I wasn't even talking about Bree or her parents in this instance.

Now, if you could I'd like you to open your eyes and read real quick, k? I even went through and bolded some things to make it easier for you. Notice where I say "for example" and "if," those will be mostly what we'll be talking about now.

Now, what that means is I am NOT SAYING THAT ALL CHRISTIANS DO THIS! *cough cough* It was that if they were told to, for example, they probably would.

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable if I used the example of a Muslim, Jewish or even Pagan family. Would that then make you okay with the point I was trying to get across since you are not directly associated with any of the aforementioned religions?

FOR EXAMPLE, Christian Scientists frequently refuse medicine, putting themselves in possible danger, despite modern logic and medicine, in order to best serve their religion.

Or, FOR EXAMPLE, people who circumcise their children because their religion tells them to. Not that their is anything wrong with it, I myself am, but their is no reason to today. We have moved well beyond the cleanliness ability of our Biblical ancestory who wrote that for health-purposes.

Look, people do things for religion. Is this really that much of a stretch, no matter what religion?

Edited: fix some things.[/i]
minsky
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: echinoderm Reply with quote

Reb wrote:
ok I have just got back from university and done some research on the echinoderm tag. What I have found really doesn't make much sense.
I have no idea what any of this means anyone got any ideas?

I did some research on this and posted the results back on page 6.

This article I found pretty interesting: The bold bit caught my interest, Especially the part about anti-coagulant

http://www.scu.edu.au/news/media.php?item_id=767&action=show_item&type=M

Extract from article:

"Fucoidans are polysaccharides and naturally occurring components of certain edible seaweeds and echinoderms. They have been part of the human diet for centuries and in countries such as Japan and Korea, are prized for their dietary and medicinal properties,” Mr Falk said.

“The term fucoidan describes a diverse family of molecules rather than a single chemical compound. Each type of brown marine algae or echinoderm yields a specific fucoidan, and each fucoidan varies in its clinical benefit.
Our primary interest in fucoidans stems from their ability to act as immunomodulators, selectin antagonists, viral attachment inhibitors, enzyme inhibitors and receptor blockers. Fucoidans and their derivatives demonstrate considerable anti-viral, anti-coagulant and cholesterol lowering activity."
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeNotYou wrote:
Now, if you could I'd like you to open your eyes and read real quick, k? I even went through and bolded some things to make it easier for you. Notice where I say "for example" and "if," those will be mostly what we'll be talking about now.

Now, what that means is I am NOT SAYING THAT ALL CHRISTIANS DO THIS! *cough cough* It was that if they were told to, for example, they probably would.

Perhaps you'd be more comfortable if I used the example of a Muslim, Jewish or even Pagan family. Would that then make you okay with the point I was trying to get across since you are not directly associated with any of the aforementioned religions?

FOR EXAMPLE, Christian Scientists frequently refuse medicine, putting themselves in possible danger, despite modern logic and medicine, in order to best serve their religion.

Or, FOR EXAMPLE, people who circumcise their children because their religion tells them to. Not that their is anything wrong with it, I myself am, but their is no reason to today. We have moved well beyond the cleanliness ability of our Biblical ancestory who wrote that for health-purposes.

Look, people do things for religion. Is this really that much of a stretch, no matter what religion?

Edited: fix some things.[/i]

If people can't understand what you're saying or want to argue about it, just let it go. It made perfect sense to me. Don't loose any sleep over it. People are testy up in here. Their loss. Wink
MeNotYou
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If people can't understand what you're saying or want to argue about it, just let it go. It made perfect sense to me. Don't loose any sleep over it. People are testy up in here. Their loss. Wink

I know, I've been lurking forever and have seen it. I know better.

People in boxes make me angry.
sweetie55
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
“Our primary interest in fucoidans stems from their ability to act as immunomodulators, selectin antagonists, viral attachment inhibitors, enzyme inhibitors and receptor blockers. Fucoidans and their derivatives demonstrate considerable anti-viral, anti-coagulant and cholesterol lowering activity."

Bree has high cholesterol!!!! Shocked
thinkitthrough
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So went back and watched the video agian. I think she is lieing. She looks at the camera up close which makes it easy to see and read her eyes, she looks down and to her left when she says she isn't going to tell her parents about the part where Daniel breaks in, She stares at the camera with out blinking for a long period of time at the end when she say Daniel is rigth it is just to dangerous. I think like some one else said befor that she is trying to gain his trust...

By the way those are usually signs that someone is nervous and worried that you don't believe them. Plus down or up and to the left is accessing the creative side of the brain... sorry fur mi spellin airs
minsky
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweetie55 wrote:
Quote:
“Our primary interest in fucoidans stems from their ability to act as immunomodulators, selectin antagonists, viral attachment inhibitors, enzyme inhibitors and receptor blockers. Fucoidans and their derivatives demonstrate considerable anti-viral, anti-coagulant and cholesterol lowering activity."

Bree has high cholesterol!!!! Shocked

Laughing I was thinking more of the anticogulant that is if indeed the Ceremony involved blood letting, but hey you never know Wink
spaciegirlreturn
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeNotYou wrote:
Quote:

I know, I've been lurking forever and have seen it. I know better.

People in boxes make me angry.

I know..it's like a futile crusade...and for what....misinformation..no communication skills...calling out things from mountains to people who aren't listening?! no tact.
MeNotYou
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaciegirl wrote:
I know..it's like a futile crusade...and for what....misinformation..no communication skills...calling out things from mountains to people who aren't listening?! no tact.

Eh, what are you gonna do? Sometimes people just read, they don't think. I understand that and all, but I mean, for all the crap people dig into on this site (light switches, t-shirts and left-pointing eyes, oh my!) once it hits, nay mentions, their religion they shut down! Well, I have now learned to never mention Christianity in conversation no matter what the topic or its relevance.

Edited: fixed the quote
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: