Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0146 "On The Road Again" [03/05/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjones
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't Drew be short for Andrew?[/quote]

True. But I thought that the Drew Avery name was just made up by Nikki Bower report viewers? I wonder if that was actually a clue? hmmm makes you think.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakish wrote:
longlostposter wrote:
voyboy wrote:

Quote:
Mvidrine wrote:
For those who think its tiKo, I seriously doubt it. To bring tiKo into the picture would back HSA canon. Considering the uproar that arose when OpAphid became canon I doubt they would do that again. While OpAphid herself has talking about noncanon people in her youtube account and through e-mails (Lordgreystoke, Nikki B) I doubt the creators would talk about a non canon storyline in a video

Why not? It wouldnt mean another character nessessarily, but the Foundation itself. Smile
Excellent point, voyboy.

Gogo has displayed nothing but excellence in the videos and the forming of the character Ms. Rose. If anyone deserves a nod, it's her.

I'm in Louisiana, and there are many of them here.
how do you know lordgreystoke isnt canon? i, for one, have a very hard time believing someone could be that crazy....
Laughing Cajuns are just plain nuts!

EDIT: I live in Louisiana.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AM wrote:
iamcool wrote:
i would have refused to take bree if she done that to me

See, I am thinking that a 'real' person, not an agent doing a job, would have kicked them both out. Maybe a super decent person would have given them some money and steered them towards civilization but that's about it.

The fact that he is still with the two of them says to me that he must be an agent doing a job. Now, I agree with lurker that he could be an agent for good or an agent for evil.

I personally would love, love love to see him turn out to be evil but that is just a personal preference. The evidence doesn't tell us one way or the other.

I think him being evil sets the story up for the most interesting plot twists and the best intrigue. Here is why;

1) Bree will discover shit about him and nobody will believe her.

2)She will second guess herself.

3) Him being evil will eventually vindicate her and, after all her crap, she badly needs vindicating. Who isn't completely sick of Bree but wants to like her? Every time she does something likable it gets taken away from us.

4) Jonas being bad will throw Bree and Daniel into eachother's arms.

5) Jonas being evil gives Bree and Daniel a chance to work together Tachyon style to get away. Again, a more interesting plot twist than them being rescued.

6)Do the creators really want her to just be 'that dumb girl'. I for one would hate that. Damsel in distress is so old. If the series ended with Bree not genuinely growing up and being right, saving the day, about something major, I for one will be quite disappointed.

7)If he's evil but then grows attached to them and then has a change of heart at the last minute, it would add complexity and depth to his character. At this point only Daniel has complexity and depth. Jonas and Bree have never seemed 'real' to me. Making Jonas conflicted is so much more interesting than leaving Jonas two dimensional and too nice.

To summarize; I agree with lurker, he could be an agent for good or evil. It would make no sense if he were just a nice guy but nothing else. He is hiding something. My personal preference is that he's evil. It would IMO send the plot in the most interesting direction.
The evidence does not tell us one way or the other (as far as I can see).
Excellent analysis, AM; you've put into words exactly what I was thinking as well (the only exception being four).

What I strongly agree with is seven. Jonas is so ambiguous that the only way his character makes any sense at all is to be putting on a big show for Bree and Daniel. If he isn't doing this, then he's just wishy-washy, and convenient for B&D, as well as the plot. As far as Bree goes, her continuing inability to handle this in a mature manner (granted, it's to be expected in a 17 year old), has made her seem spineless and victimized. On top of this, she is narcisstic and is coping with the situation by untilizing denial when necessary. While I don't fault her for this, as her situation would be tough for someone a decade older than her to handle (especially considering how sheltered she grew up), she has to evolve into a mature woman at some point, or she is just plain annoying and forgetable. One thing I think the Creators wouldn't want is to make Bree forgettable; she is the inspiration for the series, if she is forgettable, so is the entire series.

Loved the post, AM; but then I usually find yours right in line with the way I think.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
jeezy
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AM wrote:

See, I am thinking that a 'real' person, not an agent doing a job, would have kicked them both out. Maybe a super decent person would have given them some money and steered them towards civilization but that's about it.

The fact that he is still with the two of them says to me that he must be an agent doing a job. Now, I agree with lurker that he could be an agent for good or an agent for evil.

I personally would love, love love to see him turn out to be evil but that is just a personal preference. The evidence doesn't tell us one way or the other.

I think him being evil sets the story up for the most interesting plot twists and the best intrigue. Here is why;

1) Bree will discover shit about him and nobody will believe her.

2)She will second guess herself.

3) Him being evil will eventually vindicate her and, after all her crap, she badly needs vindicating. Who isn't completely sick of Bree but wants to like her? Every time she does something likable it gets taken away from us.

4) Jonas being bad will throw Bree and Daniel into eachother's arms.

5) Jonas being evil gives Bree and Daniel a chance to work together Tachyon style to get away. Again, a more interesting plot twist than them being rescued.

6)Do the creators really want her to just be 'that dumb girl'. I for one would hate that. Damsel in distress is so old. If the series ended with Bree not genuinely growing up and being right, saving the day, about something major, I for one will be quite disappointed.

7)If he's evil but then grows attached to them and then has a change of heart at the last minute, it would add complexity and depth to his character. At this point only Daniel has complexity and depth. Jonas and Bree have never seemed 'real' to me. Making Jonas conflicted is so much more interesting than leaving Jonas two dimensional and too nice.

To summarize; I agree with lurker, he could be an agent for good or evil. It would make no sense if he were just a nice guy but nothing else. He is hiding something. My personal preference is that he's evil. It would IMO send the plot in the most interesting direction.
The evidence does not tell us one way or the other (as far as I can see).

This is a really good analysis... Good Job! Any of these plot twists are possible...
AM
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jonas is so ambiguous that the only way his character makes any sense at all is to be putting on a big show for Bree and Daniel. If he isn't doing this, then he's just wishy-washy, and convenient for B&D, as well as the plot. As far as Bree goes, her continuing inability to handle this in a mature manner (granted, it's to be expected in a 17 year old), has made her seem spineless and victimized. On top of this, she is narcisstic and is coping with the situation by untilizing denial when necessary. While I don't fault her for this, as her situation would be tough for someone a decade older than her to handle (especially considering how sheltered she grew up), she has to evolve into a mature woman at some point, or she is just plain annoying and forgetable. One thing I think the Creators wouldn't want is to make Bree forgettable; she is the inspiration for the series, if she is forgettable, so is the entire series.

Exactly! Thank you (and I appreciate the nice things you said about my posts . It means a lot coming from you. Thanks longlostposter and jeezy).

Free online community
Intelligent discussions and debates
Mvidrine
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="freakish"][quote="longlostposter"]
voyboy wrote:

Quote:
Mvidrine wrote:
For those who think its tiKo, I seriously doubt it. To bring tiKo into the picture would back HSA canon. Considering the uproar that arose when OpAphid became canon I doubt they would do that again. While OpAphid herself has talking about noncanon people in her youtube account and through e-mails (Lordgreystoke, Nikki B) I doubt the creators would talk about a non canon storyline in a video

how do you know lordgreystoke isnt canon? i, for one, have a very hard time believing someone could be that crazy....

Well its not so much that he's crazy or isn't crazy. Canon means part of the offical storyline. The creators haven't given Lordgreystoke the offical nod, his video's are fanfiction, they refer to the offical storyline but they do not affect the offical storyline. Now the question of the sanity of Lordgreystoke is a question for another day and another part of the forum...
voyboy
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by voyboy on Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyways...anyone wanna guess what they will find in Jonas' aunt's house?

Ties to the Order? Evidence that his parent's "accident" was not so accidental? More evidence against the Order?
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AM wrote:
Jonas sounded quite omenous when he said three was a crowd. I think he is plotting how to get rid of Bree. I seriously hope he turns out to be evil. It would suck if he turned out to be good and Bree turned out to be wrong. I hope there is some weird twist where he leads them into a trap and they have to escape.

Give up the dream. He ain't evil. He's her brother! He was even acting like her brother in that video.
Razz

I will not rest until I convince The Creators to do what I want! Twisted Evil

I love Jonas so much in this vid. When he opens the door making the annoying alarm sound in Bree's face! bahaha
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

janesalteredstates wrote:
Give up the dream. He ain't evil. He's her brother! He was even acting like her brother in that video.
Razz
(shortened)

Absolutely! I can't tell you how often my older brother did the "all I hear is an annoying buzz" thing to me! Such a sib thing to do!
janesalteredstates
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and about "Drew Avery." Didn't NikkiB just make that up? Why is it now fact that that is Bree's dad's name?
silvermoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

janesalteredstates wrote:
Oh and about "Drew Avery." Didn't NikkiB just make that up? Why is it now fact that that is Bree's dad's name?

No one cannon has actually used that name, have they? Though, obviously, using the initials on the report has to be a nod to Nikki B.

And we are all familiar with that name. Might have been confusing to give him a different name at this point. We'd have people wandering around saying "I thought his name was Drew Avery?" and we'd have to sit around and do the blahblahblah about how that was just a name Nikki B made up, and she's not cannon, blahblahblah.

Prolly just easier to stick with it at this point, lol! Laughing
amybagofdonuts
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahahahaha jonas was such a jerk and bree completely deserved it!
also, i really think the aunt's house will reveal something very interesting.
and recently, especially after this video, i tend to think the skywalker/leia theory might be true-that bree and jonas are actually brother and sister or at least related somehow.

and possibly i like the thrill

of under me you quite so new"
e.e. cummings
blondiejam
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok - it seemed there was a lot missing between jonas breaking into his house to prove his innocence and then everyone back in the car.... what the heck? what are we supposed to assume happened???
mrsmoose
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay i know its techinically not on topic, but i just watched the vid again...and are my eyes decieving me..or is jonas really getting hotter? i felt a swoon coming over me when he looked into the camera as the parting shot.....

*needs to get out more*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: