Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Solve] Morse Poem Interpretation and Analysis - Part I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anduviel
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalamitye wrote:
As for the moses thing, he parted the red sea... maybe it's a blood reference?

True, in one of the videos Bree is seen with a big bandage on her shoulder - she's obviously draws blood, it couldn't be just a cut from climbing a tree
alonelyguy15
Lonely Fan

I logged on this morning expecting to find people still puzzling over anagrams. Instead I found a fully solved poem that went together VERY nicely. I was REALLY confused/impressed, until I realized Cassie gave us the poem in a picture file. TPTB (The Powers That Be) must have realized that many letters are toooo hard to anagram into anything coherent. So, I've been trying to figure out what I think the poem means for the past half hour, and here's my stanza-by-stanza interpretation

Between the virgin and the beast
Bree is virgin and Daniel's beast (duh.) Between B and D is C, for Cassie.u]
moses armed the evil priest,
[u] Something moses did gave the evil priest (Crowley?) power

To kill me with his sword of hate
Cassie is going to be killed by the leader of Bree's occultist ceremony
if help again will come too late.
Unless we come to save her.

Warns Luke Eleven Seventeen
17Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall. We need to stick together and go with the flow, not contradict each others' theories.
of dangers now and ever been.
See above...
The cost is not just mine to bear.
Again, we need to work together to help Cassie shoulder her burden. Perhaps darker overtones... we'll die if Cassie dies.We win we live we die we share.
Still trying to figure this one out.

Revelation starts the first,
October first is going to bring us lots and lots of new information
at dawn youll rise to do your worst.
The new info will be there when we wake up for us to interpret
This is not a game or show.
This is serious, so don't treat it like a game (A reference to LG15's "show")
The stakes are high and you must know:
This is serious, and...

The pulse of the doe-eyed child may cease.
Bree might die
But cassie does not rest in peace.
That's not enough to make Cassie happy. We need to do more.

Hope that helps. [/b]
Nos
Enthusiastic Fan

wintermute wrote:
Nos wrote:
Okay, here's my nitpicky...

"me" actually doesn't belong in the poem at all. Since the last line refers to Cassie in third person, she wouldn't (logically) have used 'me' anywhere. So what else could it be?

Edit: It also cannot be written from the pov of anyone involved in the story so far, since Bree and Daniel are referred to in the third person. But we assume that Cassie wrote the poem, yes, and is simply refering to herself in third person...as she has done before?

Poetic license, maybe? Just because "me" doesn't belong in there from grammatic standpoint doesn't mean it can't be used.

'mute

True, which is why I said nitpicky. Was just a thought, heh.

That said...I am gunna go collaspe for a bit.

*tired*

Edit: One more nitpicky, from a post above:

Who the heck takes blood from your upper arm/shoulder?

And now...sleep! *snore*
alonelyguy15
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
Nos wrote:
Okay, here's my nitpicky...

"me" actually doesn't belong in the poem at all. Since the last line refers to Cassie in third person, she wouldn't (logically) have used 'me' anywhere. So what else could it be?

Edit: It also cannot be written from the pov of anyone involved in the story so far, since Bree and Daniel are referred to in the third person. But we assume that Cassie wrote the poem, yes, and is simply refering to herself in third person...as she has done before?

Poetic license, maybe? Just because "me" doesn't belong in there from grammatic standpoint doesn't mean it can't be used.

'mute

Exactly. I think that's looking a bit too much into it.
Kalamitye
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The cost is not just mine to bear.
We win we live we die we share. "

Maybe the outcome of the ritual or the situation is supposed to have some sort of massive effect. Like she's trying to save everyone, not just Bree.
Anduviel
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Who the heck takes blood from your upper arm/shoulder?

Yeah, have to agree on that one... My guess is that so WE could see it. So it will in the camera frame - the shoulder... you know, so the audience would notice it.

But from WHERE do you exactly drawthe blood? from your finger... I don't think there is a lot in there...

Last edited by Anduviel on Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
dlruss0216
Enthusiastic Fan

spaciegirl wrote:

"Between the virgin and the beast"

=

Between Bree and Daniel

=

Between B and D

=

C

=

Cassie

Oh! That's good! I wonder is this was intentional when Cassie "named" herself (or when Bree did since she said it first)? Or, maybe Cassie realized after the initiation of this that she was between them (i.e. C is between B and D) and then used that thought in her poem. Hmmm...
TehSpectre
Casual Observer

" moses armed the evil priest, "

Moses being a patriarch > Father figure > Bree's Dad

Armed the evil priest > Giving Bree over to the cult.

Bree's Dad gave her over to the cult.

My take at least.

-H.P. Lovecraft
Brooklyn
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started researching history of sacrafice...

Guess where it may be questioned to start out from? Cassandra.

Cassandra was the daughter of Priam and Hecuba, king and Queen of Troy at the time of the Trojan war. Coroebus came to Troy to marry Cassandra, and was killed, according to the more popular account, by Neoptolemus, but according to the poet Lescheos, by Diomedes.

Cassandra was one of the most beautiful women in the world at that time. She was also a priestess and a prophetess. Apollo had made her a prophetess because he admired her, but she later refused his advances. He then made it so no one believed her. It was she who recognized that Paris was Alexandros, lost son of Priam. She also recognized the true meaning of the Trojan horse, but no one believed her when she said the horse contained soldiers of the enemy.

During the sack of Troy she took refuge in the temple of Athena and there embraced the statue of Athena. The lesser Ajax came and ripped her away and raped her, thus creating a great sacrilege. The pictures of Cassandra often illustrate this scene. Her nakedness references her inferiority. This act was not taken litely by Athena who punished the entire Greek Army with the loss of thousands of men. Athena asked Zeus to bring a storm to disperse and sink the Greek ships when they returned home. Cassandra was a very tragic figure who never received any recognition. Ultimately she was murdered by Clytemnestra as the consort of Agamemnon to whom she had been enslaved as a prize of war. She could be viewed as a symbol for the intelligent women in society.

There are records of human sacrifice in the ancient Greek culture in historic times. But the Greeks believed in the force of law and they became to believe that human sacrifice was not desirable. But sacrifice was a part of their religious practice and human sacrifice had been practiced in the past. The result is that myths included stories of human sacrifice. The Locrians sent many virgin girls to their ritual deaths to make up for the rape of Cassandra.
Anduviel
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Bree's Dad gave her over to the cult.

This really DOES make sense because Bree said in her video that HER parents won't be able to attend the ceremony.

they're giving her to the cult - sacrafice?
dlruss0216
Enthusiastic Fan

Anduviel wrote:
Maybe...I think I heard it somewhere already.

Between Bree and Daniel refers to Bree's parents, or particulary her dad.

which can be reffered to as "moses" in the poem. and that's why "moses" is not capitalized.

just a thought.

this is so interesting Razz

Could they be synonyms, i.e. Moses and Father? Was Moses a father? Sorry, religiously ignorant here.

EDIT - TecSpectre - I swear I typed this before reading your post...lol. You're just a faster typer Wink

Last edited by dlruss0216 on Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Jengels2002
Devoted Fan

Number 11:17

King James Version (the one Cassie used)

And I will come down and talk with thee there: and I will take of the spirit which is upon thee, and will put it upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with thee, that thou bear it not thyself alone.
alonelyguy15
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalamitye wrote:
"The cost is not just mine to bear.
We win we live we die we share. "

Maybe the outcome of the ritual or the situation is supposed to have some sort of massive effect. Like she's trying to save everyone, not just Bree.

Oh I don't think so at all. My take on it is that the outcome of the ritual (the cost) is Cassie's death.

Between the virgin and the beast
moses armed the evil priest,
To kill me with his sword of hate
if help again will come too late.

To kill me with his sword of hate. The evil priest is going to kill "me", or Cassie. That's the ultimate cost. She's saying it's not hers to bear, which means the rest of us are going to SHARE. (we die we share).
Anduviel
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alonelyguy15 wrote:

To kill me with his sword of hate. The evil priest is going to kill "me", or Cassie. That's the ultimate cost. She's saying it's not hers to bear, which means the rest of us are going to SHARE. (we die we share).

Again, it was mentioned before, that 'me' cannot refer to Cassie, because at the end she talks in third person about herself

"But cassie does not rest in peace"
alonelyguy15
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anduviel wrote:
alonelyguy15 wrote:

Again, it was mentioned before, that 'me' cannot refer to Cassie, because at the end she talks in third person about herself

"But cassie does not rest in peace"

And again, it shall be mentioned that POETIC LICENSE is a popular tool for POETS. It doesn't have to make grammatic sense.

You really think Cassie would post a poem written by Bree? Bree's dad? Daniel? No! Cassie wrote it.

*Shakes fist*
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> FanFic Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 3 of 28

Jump to: