Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coming clean
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannhaus,

I'm sorry to hear that you are upset and want to leave this message forum. I will be honest with you and my impression of you. You come across as someone who is often very full of himself and very condescending. At the same time, I see that you have a good curiosity about things and a desire to learn and improve. But then there seems to be an umbrella of bitterness that hangs above it all. Sometimes you are very sharp and cutting. Sometimes you retreat into a very defensive mode, like a cornered animal. And other times you show a good intellect and are very rational. People on this board seem to think of me as somewhat of an enigma (if they haven't just decided that I'm a complete jerk). Well, you are an enigma to me. I don't ever know what to make of you.

tannhaus wrote:

People are allowed to attack on these forums. Some of them, even some mods think it is funny. But witness Jerseyjohnny attacking mormons in plot discussion. It goes on every day...and multiple people attack others.

People do take jabs at one another. There has to be an allowance for that on a message board that is presumably comprised of mostly adults. It's part of the fun. Sometimes some people go over the limits for some of the people they jab at. That should be worked out between the two. There are many ways of doing that, more than one person has Private Messaged me to work out such situations with me. If it goes beyond ribbing and joking around then a mod can get involved. But there has to be substance to it. To some degree, we all have to learn not to engage such behavior if we find ourselves not liking it. So I don't agree with your criticism of these boards that "attacks" go on every day and people run rampant over one another.

I did not "attack mormons", so I do resent that accusation. If you want to go see how that discussion is going, go on and find for me where I have "attacked mormons" and prove it. I don't see it. It's a discussion, and I was the one being criticized and attacked for claims I made about Mormonism, claims I backed up with facts. So please don't accuse me of something I didn't do. From the way I'm spoken about in here, I would think that there's enough I actually DID do that you can legitimately complain about, so that you wouldn't have to reference an issue that isn't real.

tannhaus wrote:

It's bully humor. Some think it's funny to see them attack others. However, it's not funny to the ones being attacked or offended. It's not funny to those whose beliefs are being attacked. It's apparently not funny to all those that cast a vote to ban Jerseyjohnny. Yet, he's still allowed to attack.

You can call it "bully humor" if you like. Some of us see it as satirical. Regardless of what it really should be called, I have seen you partake in it as well. I have seen you attack those and speak down to those who have stepped up to defend you and your religion. So you really ought not throw stones in that glass house of yours.

Anyway, having said that, I want to say a couple other things to you. I saw your video. I have suffered from clinical depression in the past, so I know it's difficult. I hope you are getting professional help for it. When it's debilitating, as it seems to be in your case, professional help is pretty much necessary.

I think you sell yourself short, you spoke in that video of so much emptiness in your life and so much pain, but I think you fail to see what you do have. Consider the following:

There are people out there who wish they had your eyes that can see, your ears that can hear, your legs that can walk. There are people over in Iraq right now who are watching their kids get raped and killed, and there are kids there who have seen their entire families killed. There are people in many parts of this world who have to steal to eat. There are people in your own community who have to sleep on a piece of cardboard. There are senior citizens who can't walk, can't afford medicine, can't cook, can't drive, can't do a lot of the things they physically could do all their lives. ALL of these people would look at you and say "Wow, you have SOOO MUCH!!!" And you know, most of the people I just described, they go on with life.

One of the things I did to get out of my depression, on the advice of my counselor, was I volunteered myself. I worked for a mission to the homeless, and I did work with senior citizens. My problems began to pale in comparison. When I would help a guy into the shelter and he smelled so bad that nobody outside wanted to touch him, and I fed him and helped clean him up, it really put things in perspective. Or when I helped the elderly in a home where many of these people couldn't do something as simple as pick up a pen or go to the bathroom, and they were neglected by their kids and grandkids who would come around on holidays (maybe), it REALLY put my depression into perspective.

So, in closing this long-winded post (that so many people on these boards seem to hate from me), I just want to say that if you don't have professional help, get help; help yourself out by helping someone less fortunate than yourself; and I will miss having you around. Kinda. OK not really. Wink Laughing In seriousness, I'm sorry to see you go out on such a sour note, I hope to see you back in better spirits.

Best of luck,
~ JJ
tannhaus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyJohnny wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that you are upset and want to leave this message forum. I will be honest with you and my impression of you.

JerseyJohnny, frankly, I really don't care what your impression, opinion, or whatever is of me. I've been attacked from you and others for no reason other than the fact I was standing up for what I believed in....since day one.

I skimmed over what you said....and to be honest, it wasn't worth reading...not from you.

You've done nothing but prey on others and I could care less what advice you think you have to give.
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:
JerseyJohnny wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that you are upset and want to leave this message forum. I will be honest with you and my impression of you.

JerseyJohnny, frankly, I really don't care what your impression, opinion, or whatever is of me. I've been attacked from you and others for no reason other than the fact I was standing up for what I believed in....since day one.

I skimmed over what you said....and to be honest, it wasn't worth reading...not from you.

You've done nothing but prey on others and I could care less what advice you think you have to give.

Whatever, then.
AutoPilate
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so is everyone done with their little cry-cry? Clogging up the internets with your contentious blather, how shameful.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, some people just don't know when to shut the hell up.
beavinator
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why people can't hold differing beliefs/opinions and still be respectful of one another is entirely beyond me. I guess I'm just naive like that...
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannhaus wrote:

Normally I'd agree with anyone who was disagreeing with JJ... I mean, after all, it's JJ! Wink But you really might want to read the entire post. It's the most sincere thing I've seen anyone post on this board. Yes, he's abrasive. But he makes some very valid points in that post, so don't throw them out just because you don't like the source. Take the olive branch Smile

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyJohnny wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
I think she has more buddies here than you do, Johnny.

I think I have more buddies outside of "here" than you and her put together, Kasdeja.

And here they are!

MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snickers
JerseyJohnny
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sororyzbl wrote:
JerseyJohnny wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

I think I have more buddies outside of "here" than you and her put together, Kasdeja.

And here they are!

Thanks!!! My friends Tommy and Gina will love this picture!
wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
snickers

Someone mentioned CANDY? Very Happy

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:
snickers

Someone mentioned CANDY? Very Happy

'mute

wintermute
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Now between this and the "party" thread, I'm hungry! Laughing

'mute

'vote 'mute in '16!
sororyzbl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyJohnny wrote:
sororyzbl wrote:
JerseyJohnny wrote:
Kasdeja wrote:

And here they are!

Thanks!!! My friends Tommy and Gina will love this picture!

they need some cheering up. i heard tommy's been down on his luck. and gina, at that diner! ugh.
MCH/TA,X ++ CO1,PEG/SG,W+,N++, Dd+, Dr+, A, a+, C++, G++, QH+++,666+++, Y+++
------END MAGIC CODE BLOCK------
tannhaus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintermute wrote:
Normally I'd agree with anyone who was disagreeing with JJ... I mean, after all, it's JJ! Wink But you really might want to read the entire post. It's the most sincere thing I've seen anyone post on this board. Yes, he's abrasive. But he makes some very valid points in that post, so don't throw them out just because you don't like the source. Take the olive branch

This is one of those "too little, too late" scenarios. JerseyJohnny has been extremely offensive. He has ridiculed me. He has belittled me. He has attacked me. Now, he wants a group hug? Not on your life.

I've had people pm me that say they try to joke with him as a way to cope with the things he says. I had someone this morning pm me and say "yeah..same here" basically. But, it doesn't change the fact that he has no respect for the beliefs of others....nor for their feelings.

So...that olive branch died and withered a while back.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Rubbish Bin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: