Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0070 Learning Egyptian [11/9/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khjq
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Bree's made up secret society was call The Order of Denderah?...now its just call The Order...thats so lame...and whats with Gemma always smiling??? Bree is in danger and Gemma has a fricken huge grin on her face...wtf

Last edited by khjq on Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guided
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smelltheflowers wrote:

The thing I found most interesting is when she says "I was worried about you, and so was everyone else".

I noticed that statement too. But I kind of believe that Gemma isn't quite the friend she seems, she always seems off in her videos and that by everyone else... she means people from the order... but is trying to be ambigious about it.
UpbeatMarshWiggle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robtomorrow wrote:
roxybebito wrote:
But what about the equinox and the religion camp?

Yes and,

Aleister Crowley, Enochian, Bibliomancy, the Unicusal Hexagram (at the top of LG15 page), Thelema (in Greek at the bottom of the page), 10/12?06 (Crowleys Birthday),the Ceremony, The Order of Denderah, the injections, the maps (on Lucy's computer), Elders, Deacons, communes and communities.

How do all these clues and dropped hints fit together?

And now Gemma "it is not Thelema, but a secret society, called The Order" and they learn ancient Egyptian.

I'm confused, does anyone think there is any consistency here? Or are they just making it up as they go, the hell with consistency!

Yikes, I hope they're paying attention to the details. After the richness and complexity they've provided so far, if this is just a slip, or a mad scramble to get something "out there", that would really be awful.

Because you're right, this really flies in the face of everything that's been said before. How many times has Bree said something like "I take my religious beliefs very seriously"? It's one thing to be misinformed or mistaken about the tenets of one's religion, but it's quite another to be mistaken about whether it is a religion or not.

And what kind of lame secret society would you belong to, if you sat around for fun and learned ancient Egyptian? Without the tie to religion and worship, it doesn't make any sense. There's no point to it.

UMW
silvermoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's actually a pretty good idea about what it might be in the "Religion" thread.
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just watched this again and a few more things I noticed.

Yes, Gemma is smiling, but mostly where she is remembering looking through her dad's books.

She says "It isn't a religion after all" like maybe she discovered this later, maybe why she left to live independently?

We need to see if the "gold and jewels" mean anything

She tells Bree- "Be safe" I don't think she is trying to mislead Bree, but in her own way trying to help.
khjq
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad actually that its not a religion, I just don't like the lame name that the Creators chose...The Order...psssshhh So lame.
Dannie717
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flautapantera wrote:
"Sort of"? Gemma is saying two things at once, it seems.

I think she meant that they were sort of safe, because they aren't exactly right now.

UpbeatMarshWiggle wrote:
And what kind of lame secret society would you belong to, if you sat around for fun and learned ancient Egyptian? Without the tie to religion and worship, it doesn't make any sense. There's no point to it.

I agree, this seems fishy and... Well, stupid, but I'll have to check out that religion thread silvermoon mentioned...
Jveritas
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have to guess The Order is not a reincarnation of the 1980s neo-nazi group of the same name?
omegawoman
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jveritas wrote:
I'm going to have to guess The Order is not a reincarnation of the 1980s neo-nazi group of the same name?

Alot of secret societies call themselves "The Order".
Jveritas
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably true. It just has a cool ring to it Cool

I was seriously hoping that the religion would end up being called "The Light," because I know quite a few people who are in that, questionably a cult.
hauntingjourney
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: The Order, huh? Reply with quote

Is that why her room was so "orderly" most of the time? J/K

She probably had refered to The Order as her "religion" because that's what she was told it was.

For some reason, I hesitate to trust Gemma. If she really was concerned, and wasn't in the cult anymore, why doesn't she just tell Bree what she needs to know to decide whether or not to leave the cult? I don't know... it's just a feeling.

I really hope the Creators have a long term story already planned and aren't doing EVERYTHING day by day thus leading to inconsistencies.
planetquest
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one was a bit disappointing, it was as if she was talking to us from the creators, giving us a clue directly. It seemed a bit too out of character, as if giving the clue was the priority.
madeliza
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, this is how i understand it... the secret society could be something like the nights templar or a high-iq club or something. a group who posses, or believe they posess, special knowledge or insight or something. i'm feeling very da-vinci code over here... like that is why they want bree cos she has that special DNA or breeding capacity or something, she is somehow more eligable for their knowledge or whatever it is they have. they wouldn't be able to tell lower members the full secret, so it would be much easier to explain it away as a religion until they are informed enough to know a bit more of the secret, whatever it may be. they could still have initiation ceremonies and such as part of this. that also sorta explains why bree is taught so much about science, when that doesn't tend to agree with most religions. mabye bree learnt something as part of her ceremony particiation which means she now knows too much, which is why 'the order' are so grumpy at her. also if they are protecting a secret that would explain why they took photos of daniel, protecting it. okay that is how it makes sense to me , so yeah.

love eliza!!!
essie
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somehow something tells me not to trust Gemma. After all she did call herself "a typical girl". Somehow I think she's part of the order and actually wants to mislead Bree. Unless the creators are trying to tell us it's not Thelema (sp?)

Quote:
The thing I found most interesting is when she says "I was worried about you, and so was everyone else".

MAYBEE. She knows where Bree's parents are? And she secretly wanted to get revenge of Bree for being chosen for the ceremony so she captures the parents and tries to lead Bree and Daniel to her. Shocked

I don't know. My thoughts.
turkeyfeather
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[and whats with Gemma always smiling??? Bree is in danger and Gemma has a fricken huge grin on her face...wtf[/quote]

I agree, WTF?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: