Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manipulating YouTube Videos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think?
Slippery slope
36%
 36%  [ 21 ]
The manipulation is fine
63%
 63%  [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 58

Taig
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick to your guns Eli. Apparently, the riff-raff didn't think it was such a big deal, but then there doesn't seem to be much that they don't like except dissent.

I see that the faithfull have already rung in with their objections to you pointing out such a thing.

It's worth noting that it was the disciple who manipulated things so that the plot could turn smoothly to Jonus' house who was among the first to cry out.

I think it is a good question. I'm glad you brought it up. I'm sort of interested in why they did it.

Was it an intentional scam to gain viewers? I dunno. It's not like there is a "Sweeps Week" for YouTube - at least I don't think there is..If that is the case then yeah it was pretty underhanded and "so very Hollywood"; but not anything near what a TV show would do.

Perhaps it was just an experiment. The authors are always talking about trying new things. If that's the case I don't think it is a big deal either...

BUT

I think it is REALLY important that people ask these questions and talk about thngs like this just to keep those guys "honest". I know that Ill be looking more closely for stuff like this. There was a moment when they seemd to be flirting with product placement and I think the fans did a great job of "nipping that in the bud", and when the rumor flew that Yousef was getting canned there was an enormous revolt.

So if you want my vote you get it because it is certainly a "Slippery Slope" they are on.

Last edited by Taig on Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was to get more viewers. And why not?

It was intentional.

And yes, it worked. More people looked at it.

But does it matter?

No.

BA Tells Lies.

Some things are secret for a reason.
There are people whose lives are dedicated to keeping them that way.
EliCash
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

It was intentional.

But does it matter?

No.

It's more than simply wanting more viewers. They're misleading people as to what's in it. It's deceitful. And it's also annoying to those of us who use YouTube all the time and see too many other people do it.

The practice really annoyed me before the Creators did it. Am I supposed to no longer mind it just because it's in a video I like? To me, to suddenly pretend not to mind would be wrong.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taig wrote:
Was it an intentional scam to gain viewers? I dunno. It's not like there is a "Sweeps Week" for YouTube - at least I don't think there is..If that is the case then yeah it was pretty underhanded and "so very Hollywood"; but not anything near what a TV show would do.

How could it be a "scam"? They're not bilking anyone out of anything. They don't get paid by posting on YouTube (only revver). And sure they want more viewers. That's the whole idea of the Internet. It's why companies hire full-time employees to get their websites higher on search engines. That's not a scam. Some companies and media agencies hire people to post on message boards to raise awareness and good buzz about new movies. They're not scamming anyone.

More likely, they realize one of the inherant limitations of YouTube - that it uses as a graphic the middle of the video. And not wanting a blurry, meaningless shot, they put in a shot of Bree. Big deal. It didn't affect the story they're telling. At worst, it's a slight disruption of the flow of the video.
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliCash wrote:
Quote:

It was intentional.

But does it matter?

No.

It's more than simply wanting more viewers. They're misleading people as to what's in it. It's deceitful. And it's also annoying to those of us who use YouTube all the time and see too many other people do it.

The practice really annoyed me before the Creators did it. Am I supposed to no longer mind it just because it's in a video I like? To me, to suddenly pretend not to mind would be wrong.

Daniel wrote in there that he did it so people would see Bree and watch it...he did it according to the storyline..not according to the new lets get more hits fad going around youtube. Take it as that.

BA Tells Lies.

nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

Anything more from this thread should be moved to the complaints forum...this is no plot discussion.

BA Tells Lies.

EternalGoddess
Devoted Fan

Yeah, they put a flash image of Bree crying, so what? Everyone is still going to know that it's Lonelygirl15, everyone who watches the show would still watch the video anyways, and most people already know about her anyways so it not like they will bring in that many more views. They didn't put the picture up and leave, it was supposed to be Daniel's character trying to tell everyone the importance of the video.

It's not like there was a picture of Paris Hilton showing her butt with a description that said "Hey guys, Daniel here, I just wanted to let you guys know that last night I went to Vegas, met Paris Hilton, and got some booty! Watch it all right here!"

It's not a big deal.

Last edited by EternalGoddess on Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
EliCash
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Daniel wrote in there that he did it so people would see Bree and watch it...he did it according to the storyline..not according to the new lets get more hits fad going around youtube. Take it as that.

If this was about "plot," as you're currently claiming, then there wouldn't be two different versions of the video.

Did you not even read my original post?

[img]It's not like there was a picture of Paris Hilton show her butt with a description that said "Hey guys, Daniel here, I just wanted to let you guys know that last night I went to Vegas, met Paris Hilton, and got some booty! Watch it all right here!"[/img]

What if the character of Daniel said that he put in the picture of Paris Hilton "showing off her butt" b/c the video was so important that he figured that would help get more views?

Last edited by EliCash on Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliCash wrote:
Quote:

If this was about "plot," as you're currently claiming, then there wouldn't be two different versions of the video.

Your right. None of this is about any Plot of any story.

This belongs in the complaints forum.

BA Tells Lies.

Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliCash wrote:
Quote:

I think everyone read your post, but you're hearing from people who don't agree.

Revver doesn't have the same issue that YouTube does where it automatically locks on the picture in the exact middle of the video. If it did, they probably would have done the same thing...
iamcool
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish i could move threads Sad

My lawyers told me to edit the content of this signature so i didn't get sued

Me and Oobles are 'TWAT's - 'The Worldwide Association of Threadjacking' Smile
nobackspacebutton
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamcool wrote:
i wish i could move threads Sad

Thank you to whoever moved this. ^_^

*goes back happily to the PLOT discussion*

BA Tells Lies.

EliCash
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This belongs in the complaints forum.

Maybe. But if they keep up having different videos for YouTube and Revver there could be plot implications.

Such as:
- Are the characters the one supposedly posting the Revver videos, like with YouTube, or is it outside of the Bree world?

Before now, I thought it was outside of the LG plot world, but since this video has a different description on Revver, does that now mean that the character Daniel is -- in the story, of course -- the one posting these?

So there. Now I've turned the discussion to plot. Do I need to make a new thread in "Plot Discussion" now in order to examine this plot question? Whoever moved it, please let me know.
Broken Kid
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliCash wrote:
Maybe. But if they keep up having different videos for YouTube and Revver there could be plot implications.

Such as:
- Are the characters the one supposedly posting the Revver videos, like with YouTube, or is it outside of the Bree world?

Well, the idea behind the series is, as you know, that the characters make these videos and then post them. I think it's been in character whether they post on Revver (where Bree has even favorited a few of her favorite videos) or YouTube (where Daniel came on in character and explained the different video).

That being said, there are always some moments where you have to remember that the creators are doing this. So you run into things like Daniel having his hair cut before a video posts where he has long hair, etc. These things don't influence the plot, but they do require a bit of suspension of disbelief.
Kasdeja
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if you people wouldn't have watched it...you weren't manipulated. I don't see the big deal.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.
Bagged, tagged, sold to the butcher at the store.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: