Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can we get an answer, Creators?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they need to transcribe them...lol

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sami
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever happend to that girl Cassie!?

ffs

Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking for the answer???

lol cuz I know Wink ahaha

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chershaytoute

Location: Oregon with an ocean view...across the neighbors' cow pasture, wow!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasdeja wrote:
I guess I just need to buy a house where I can get more than dial up internet so I can listen to the shows?

Well now, that would be the least a dedicated LG15 fan would do, Kas, don't you think? <ducking like mad!>

(sorry, I am having just that kind of day today Very Happy )

WWggD - let's make the Breeniverse a better place to live...

Thanks to giddeanx for the coolest personal glue stick ever!
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in the same mood cher

longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bethy wrote:

I'll admit when I saw the subject line, I thought, "Oh, hell..."

Then I saw the author, and I was like...

Then I read the post and I sighed with relief.

Bethy this is very sweet of you. I'm glad you respect what I post.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killthesmiley wrote:
Becasue the whole basis of the show are the questions you've asked.
Whats the Order?
Who is Alister Crowley and where does his fit?
Who is bree really?

Killthesmiley wrote:
But what I don't understand is why people are so impatient about thing. The basis of the story revolve around the questions you asked. If we have answers, to the full degree, then what would be the point of the show? There wouldn't be a point. No matter what other question you could put in there, they would all ultimately wrap around those questions.

I think part of the reason there's a growing desire to see an answer of some kind is that:

1) the genre of mystery isn't exactly tailored to an ongoing series with an indefinite lifespan in the first place, and
2) us gaining knowledge that LG15 is intended to continue indefinitely is prompting the wish to at least see initial mysteries resolved before any new ones pop up

Probably the best way I can put it is this: Nancy Drew wasn't forever concerned with the secret of the old clock and the hidden staircase.

I share Juli and Kas' desire to see some explanation to the older mysteries before trying to implement more. I'm not saying Kelly's wrong that them taking their time means that they'll create something better, but if they really do intend to make it indefinite, I have to wonder how long mysteries like these (which are truly the whole basis of the show, as Kelly has indicated) can continue to dangle without it becoming too much of an issue.

I have to say again, mysteries don't really lend themselves to an indefinite run. I don't want to suggest that no one should ever try to break from a genre's mold, but there's a reason that kind of assumption has become attached to mysteries.

This isn't even me going off on my "What Neil Gaiman said about endings" rant, that I'm sure you've all seen before. I'm just saying that it's especially hard to do - perhaps impossible - with mysteries. And in at least the case of that genre, I believe that's a good thing.

Killthesmiley wrote:
edit to add:

as the creators have stated, that is exsactly their plan for the future LLP:
They are going to have storylines parralelling Bree's in seperate cities in seperate countries.

Did they say it exactly like that? I thought they just said that they wanted to introduce a mythos with Bree's tale that they could then expand.

Did I forget something else they said?
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
This isn't even me going off on my "What Neil Gaiman said about endings" rant, that I'm sure you've all seen before.

I don't know if I've heard that rant from you, Lurker, but the Neil Gaiman line is one of my absolute favorite sayings about story creation.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion already in progress.
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Lurker wrote:
This isn't even me going off on my "What Neil Gaiman said about endings" rant, that I'm sure you've all seen before.

I don't know if I've heard that rant from you, Lurker, but the Neil Gaiman line is one of my absolute favorite sayings about story creation.

Same here. I think it might actually be my absolute favorite.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did they say it exactly like that? I thought they just said that they wanted to introduce a mythos with Bree's tale that they could then expand.

Did I forget something else they said?

I keep forgeting some people don't watch EVERYTHING the creators do.

Yea they are planning to some what "franchise" the ideas out for storylines in different cities/countries. They speak about it at ARGFest, which you can find a video of their whole table on my youtube in my vlog area...thing.

PS: Lurker, you put things in a bit more perspective. I understand a bit more of where you are coming from. The problem I have is that if were are so desperate for these answers, we would have to understand that once we get those answers, the life of the series as we know it would not exsist any more. Like, as from what I udnerstand, even those "franchised storylines" begin, they will revolve around the same basis LG15 is on.
So, while I agree in a sense (as I've pointed out in one of my posts) that we need some answers, at the same time, i wonder if it will not just cause more and more complaints on where the storyline is actually going.

if we get those answers, we might be looking at a completely different story...which I'm not sure people will be happy about ( i edited to add that)

longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I don't get some answers, I don't want to watch anymore. They most assuredly could space these out, and maybe even add more mystery while doing that.

What good is a mystery if you never get the answer? If the series is going to continue on indefinately, and therefore we can't get any answers whatsoever (because it will end the series), then why watch at all? It's both fruitless and pointless.

I do not agree that having the answers to these questions will prevent the series from going on. In fact, I think to say that is not giving the Creators the credit they deserve.
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well ok, i get that. So Here's the other issue:
we will get the answers, but we have to be patient so the other quetion can have a story built up on them, just like Bree, Jonas, the order and Crowley.
We can't have answers immediately, because then how will they build up the new questions? There wouldn't even be a story to build the questions on. So in order to have these new and exciting questions, we'll need the old questions unanswered for a bit, until a decent background/base line is built for the new questions to survive.
SO....I guess the question that is raise on that...is are people patient enough to wait?

heyiknowsyou
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think maybe the problem some of us (myself included) are having with this part of the story, is that our main characters aren't even attempting to find out some of these answers. They sort of tried for a while and then that whole daniel fiasco happened--which ended up being a new problem they had to solve before getting anything done about the other issues.

I agree with Juli. There hasn't been very much progress on the questions she's raised. We've had most of those questions since before bree went on the run. It is time for some answers.

I think if they'd been figuring out a bit at a time (and please correct me if i'm wrong), then we may not be so fidgity. And, we've been distracted with the ARG, that now as it is on a pause, we're focusing our attentions elsewhere.

But i think in the latest video, "Co-ed Foosball," when bree said she wanted to help Jonas find his parents, i think we may be seeing progress soon. Very Happy
fsk282
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heyiknowsyou wrote:
I think maybe the problem some of us (myself included) are having with this part of the story, is that our main characters aren't even attempting to find out some of these answers. They sort of tried for a while and then that whole daniel fiasco happened--which ended up being a new problem they had to solve before getting anything done about the other issues.

EXACTLY. that's the thing. nothing happens, then they bring up some new question which will never be answered (daniel is brainwashed! alex is in the order! jonas' parents are still alive!) then they go on the run again, stay in some hotel room, ooooh maybe there is sexual tension...seriously the formula is getting so old. there has been one video which was completely different (human ransom) and no one tried to be proactive after, it lasted for like 10 minutes. the thing is, yeah, lurker is right, it can't just go on forever, there has to be a climax where something finally is resolved! and it won't be hard for them to build up a story afterwards, it could go in a million different directions.
the bottom line is, i'm so sick of this story going in a circle. nothing ever changes. there isn't even the arg anymore so it isn't even exciting keeping up with that.
ok i ranted enough. thanks for inviting me to your thread juli, i never come in here either because i've been trying to be patient and let's face it, jonas is great eye candy. Smile
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heyiknowsyou wrote:

But i think in the latest video, "Co-ed Foosball," when bree said she wanted to help Jonas find his parents, i think we may be seeing progress soon. Very Happy
I'm crossing my fingers, hey. Thanks for responding to this post.

Sami wrote:
Whatever happend to that girl Cassie!?

ffs
lol, Sami. Yeah, that one too.

fsk282 wrote:
ok i ranted enough. thanks for inviting me to your thread juli, i never come in here either because i've been trying to be patient and let's face it, jonas is great eye candy. Smile
Your very welcome, fsk. Thanks for coming and sharing your views. And BTW, I'm sure you know I prefer Daniel, but Jonas is cute too.

Lurker, you put so succinctly exactly what I was trying to get across. Thank you for that contribution.

Thanks to everyone who came here and made their voices heard, and thanks in advance to others who will come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Concerns and Complaints All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: