Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Taylor - First Video (ya I know lame title) 4/15/2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PolkadotConfederation
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yeah, she complains too much for the kind of life she seems to have.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
immortal1 wrote:
Anyway Bree was introduced as a brainy sort of a misfit who didn't fit in and that's easy for teens to identify with. I don't think Taylor has said anything that would make young girls identify with her. To be in the teen angst adventure gang you need some hardcore teen angst.

Sorry, Immortal, but I think this Taylor has said plenty that some young girls could identify with. I get a total Baby Dyke vibe from her. She says her priorities are Sam, soccer, and (I think) school, with god and country and all that stuff way below. Sounds exactly like me when I was about 13 (except for the soccer part) -- totally crushed out on another girl. Except that I knew perfectly well what I was feeling and was terrified by it. This Taylor sounds like she may not know what she's feeling just yet.

Her parents let her hang out with Sam because they think the two of them are practicing soccer all the time, not spending time together eating and watching tons o' movies. What happens when the 'rents find out What They're Really Doing? Shocked Will they make Taylor stop hanging out with Sam so she can concentrate on soccer and school?

IOW, Taylor is somebody whom I (or my inner adolescent) can identify with, a whole lot more than I ever could with Bree.

EDITED TO ADD: And maybe that's why some of you straight girls are so turned off by Taylor -- because you're subconsciously picking up a dyke vibe from her too. I wonder what Misty thinks of her.

Actually I picked up that vibe too but I hope that's not where it's heading. Isn't it a little too cliche?

BTW more evidence of canonization: a few hours ago the screen cap for Perfect Beach was Alex running in a bikini and the screencap for soccerstar was Taylor looking up. They changed the screen cap to Perfect Beach to Alex, Daniel and Jonas approaching the beach and then I noticed the screen cap to soccerstar had changed.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
Actually I picked up that vibe too but I hope that's not where it's heading. Isn't it a little too cliche?

Cliched? How do you figure? I don't recall having ever seen a film or video that came anywhere near capturing my experience as a young teen struggling with my sexuality. But maybe I haven't seen everything that's out there. Can you cite some examples?

consideration wrote:
Okay, I can agree about her being obnoxious. It's my biggest pet peeve to hear people complaining about their problems when they actually don't have any and their life is pretty good.

Okay, that may be a point. But if you haven't had any real problems (like being molested by your stepfather, or being impoverished, or, oh, say, running from the Order), then the kind of problems Taylor is having will seem like a big deal.

Let's think back to Bree's early videos. What was her biggest problem? First it was that she had to study during the summer. Then it was that her father didn't want to let her go to a party with Daniel, and so she sneaked out anyway. I don't see Taylor's problems being any more trivial than those.

PolkadotConfederation wrote:
She's too hyper, her voice kills my ears, she's sooooooo fake, not likeable at all, etc. etc.

Okay, Polka, I gotcha. I don't agree with your views -- I don't find her hyper and I like her voice -- but I understand some of what bugs you about her now, and I respect your opinion.
immortal1
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
immortal1 wrote:

Cliched? How do you figure? I don't recall having ever seen a film or video that came anywhere near capturing my experience as a young teen struggling with my sexuality. But maybe I haven't seen everything that's out there. Can you cite some examples?

What I mean is the fact that she plays soccer- it might as well be golf or tennis.

I agree there has been a lack of that kind of story. I think Chasing Amy was pretty good but that's probably because I was a real life "Holden." My "Amy" played softball btw.
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Okay, that may be a point. But if you haven't had any real problems (like being molested by your stepfather, or being impoverished, or, oh, say, running from the Order), then the kind of problems Taylor is having will seem like a big deal.

Let's think back to Bree's early videos. What was her biggest problem? First it was that she had to study during the summer. Then it was that her father didn't want to let her go to a party with Daniel, and so she sneaked out anyway. I don't see Taylor's problems being any more trivial than those.
I completely understand what you're saying, but I think it may be just me. To quote Heathers, everyone's life has static, and I can't say that mine doesn't either. I guess it depends on how you handle it.
I put things into perspective. Until I'm some starving Ethiopian child or some poor kid who gets abused every day, I don't feel like I have the right to complain. And I try not to.

Gosh, all of your posts are making me reconsider how I feel about Taylor. I used to hate her, but now I just have an uneasy psuedo-dislike for her. Laughing
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immortal1 wrote:
What I mean is the fact that she plays soccer- it might as well be golf or tennis.

Actually, I don't know any baby dykes who play(ed) golf or tennis.

Softball, yes. Or field hockey. Or lacrosse. Or basketball.

I was lousy at all of 'em though. I just sat in the stands at every single game and cheered. (And drooled, quietly, over one player in particular. I got away with it though -- I actually got a school spirit award. Hah. Little did they know.)

immortal1 wrote:
I agree there has been a lack of that kind of story. I think Chasing Amy was pretty good but that's probably because I was a real life "Holden." My "Amy" played softball btw.

The only part of Chasing Amy that I found accurate was the depiction of the comic book industry. But then again I wasn't anybody's Holden.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consideration wrote:
Gosh, all of your posts are making me reconsider how I feel about Taylor. I used to hate her, but now I just have an uneasy psuedo-dislike for her. Laughing

BWAHAHAHA!

Then my work here is done.

(strolls away, chuckling to herself)
Hippie
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... so if this is canon, im truthfully sad... you cannot replace Bree,,, its her or they fail... im sorry but continuing LG15 without LG seems, well 2-3x more retarded than firing Glenn... and definately already 1/2 as good as him if "The Perfect Beach" is any telling of the best the creators can do...

STILL, I WANT THIS TO BE NON CANON.... if thats the case im fine with it....
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hippie wrote:
Okay... so if this is canon, im truthfully sad... you cannot replace Bree,,, its her or they fail... im sorry but continuing LG15 without LG seems, well 2-3x more retarded than firing Glenn... and definately already 1/2 as good as him if "The Perfect Beach" is any telling of the best the creators can do...

Well, nobody's saying that Taylor will "replace" Bree in the series -- at least not in this thread. I think people are referring to the line that Alex threw out in the latest vid about the Order having found another girl.
kellylen
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lang she was just to.... ugh

like out there. I felt like she was in another world and that she was not relatable at all. But that could be the fact that I'm way older than 13.

She seemed to me like one of those very loud and outspoken kids and I was bothered by that while watching.

LG15 has tons of pretty people and she didn't seem to fit into that "norm"

I liked Bree from the start, even without her fitting in. I felt like I knew her problems and wanted to reach out to her. with taylor its like throw her to the side of the road it feels.
Hippie
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Hippie wrote:

Well, nobody's saying that Taylor will "replace" Bree in the series -- at least not in this thread. I think people are referring to the line that Alex threw out in the latest vid about the Order having found another girl.

True, im guilty of interpreting others posts... the fact is jessica wont be able to do as much as the series asks... but i just dont see and hypothetical reason to bring in fresh, TOTALLY unconnected people... as it is LG seems to not be what it was... my own opinion of course...
heyiknowsyou
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm interested to see how this plays out. We've got two possible new girls that could be 'the other girl." The first is Maddison Atkins, and now this Taylor girl. (and theres three if you count Voyboy's awesome itskassie Wink )

Taylor's vid, however simple and boring (for now), was shot sooo much like the Creators do. Maddison's is a bit different, but still had a vibe... I want to see how each of these develope.

But, about Taylor, we don't know much about her yet, and she might be coming off as complain-y and annoying, but wouldn't it be boring to have another Bree enter into the equation? We already have a bree. And also, when you first make a blog (at least for me) you tend to say whatever is on your mind at the time, and most of the time it is stuff to complain about... (maybe not so much if you're a little older and more mature)

*shrug* I didn't hate it, i don't think she is ugly as someone said before, and i'm willing to give Taylor a chance. The only thing i don't like is soccer. i just don't understand it... (that could be because i think it is unfair for us to call it soccer while the rest of the world calls it football. like we're rightious or something... hell, our football isn't even played with the feet. ack, don't get me started.)
consideration
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heyiknowsyou wrote:
i'm interested to see how this plays out. We've got two possible new girls that could be 'the other girl." The first is Maddison Atkins, and now this Taylor girl. (and theres three if you count Voyboy's awesome itskassie Wink )
Nooo...I personally can't stand Maddy Atkins. I would rather it be itskassie than her.

Actually, I would rather it be itskassie instead of Taylor, too. Voyboy is majorly awesome.

I agree with your comment about soccer/football, but only the name part. I like soccer. Hey, why do we call it soccer, anyways? Does anyone know? That's always bothered me as well.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kellylen wrote:
Lang she was just to.... ugh

like out there. I felt like she was in another world and that she was not relatable at all. But that could be the fact that I'm way older than 13.

Kelly, I think I'm a whole lot older than you are, so I don't think that's the issue. Confused

kellylen wrote:
She seemed to me like one of those very loud and outspoken kids and I was bothered by that while watching.

I didn't get that, or at least it didn't bother me.

kellylen wrote:
LG15 has tons of pretty people and she didn't seem to fit into that "norm"

Well, arguably, Yousef doesn't fit into that mold either. People (including me) have pointed out that his teeth are far from perfect. And a few have made nasty cracks about his nose. He just looks like a normal guy, in contrast to Jess, Jackson, and Bitsie.

kellylen wrote:
I liked Bree from the start, even without her fitting in. I felt like I knew her problems and wanted to reach out to her. with taylor its like throw her to the side of the road it feels.

Guess it's a question of individual taste. I didn't feel that much of a connection to Bree. But then again I knew she was fictional when I started watching, and was intrigued by the whole LG15 phenomenon.

IAE, with Taylor, I feel a definite connection. And no, I wasn't one of those loud obnoxious teenage girls -- I was so shy I barely had the nerve to say hello to anyone. (Yes, I've changed a lot since then.)
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consideration wrote:
Actually, I would rather it be itskassie instead of Taylor, too. Voyboy is majorly awesome.

Agreed. If I had to choose between the three of them, itskassie would win by a long shot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> Taylor & Sarah All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: