Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0177 - "Sloppy Drunk" [04/20/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericski
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i figured that the lull in the taag was to give the creators time to work the new girls in. it's happening much more slowly than i thought it would. i believe that the maddy, taylor, jules bunch will be an alternate story mingling only occassionally with bdj.
EdWont
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go with the concensus on this one: I didn't like the vid...really uneventful. Plus, I can't stand how they keep critisizing Daniel. Is he an alchoholic? Sure. But had Bree not driven him to quit his job and leave his prospects for college, he'd be an undergrad right now. So there's a good chance he'd be an alchoholic anyway. Right? You guys know what I'm talking about.

Besides that, Bree bores me now. Despite all she's been through, I find her to be the least interesting of the characters. And enough with the lamenting about the past, already: It's played-out.

I don't know...maybe I need some sleep and I'm just being too harsh. Even with the whole "new girl" revelation and prospective new girls, the plot still feels stagnant. Shoot.
Me: You have to be when you're working against the Order.
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that this thread was the one that didn't get all the posts - it was actually created first.
Languorous Lass
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherding time! Everybody head on over to the other thread!
mindinflight
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericski wrote:
i figured that the lull in the taag was to give the creators time to work the new girls in. it's happening much more slowly than i thought it would. i believe that the maddy, taylor, jules bunch will be an alternate story mingling only occassionally with bdj.

I'd have to agree with you on that one, ericski. From a screenwriter's standpoint, the whole "Beast is an alcoholic and we must save his soul!" thing is an excellent aside, giving much needed breathing room to work on advancing the more critical elements of the storyline.

Where I disagree with you is in your hope that the new girls will stay ARG-ish while the plotline advances. BDJ *need* something to do, or the lg15 story will not evolve. Yeah, so some of the new candidates suck. W/e. We're the fans, we're practically supposed to dislike these girls! No one will ever match up to Bree in our eyes, ever. I think we all just need to suck it up and learn to love whoever the Creators decide to throw at us.

Not too many of us loved Jonas in the beginning, remember? *shrugs*
HisGirl
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree... where is all the discussion about the parental fighting and camping... is there anything to be gleaned from this? has to have a purpose... no?
Sheqinah
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

June 21st Summer Solstace.
Sheqinah
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Jules. Her acting is right on par with any other kid or better on youtube. I think it is about as realistic in that sense as anyone can want. It is a turn in the story and we never seem too secure that the creators know what they are doing next. Sometimes it seems they post something and then take their ques from the masses. If that is the case then don't worry, Jules will not rise up in prevelance.

But change is going to happen.

What do you want to see happen with the story now?

I will tell you what I think, I think it will all come to a head on June 21st, as that is the month that they kick off the new Europe character as well and that is the time of Summer Solstace. (Ceremony time???)
house
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize that this is unpopular, but the series needed to end a long time ago. They've been carrying it through and trying to give the fans what they want... but, stories, especially fictional stories, need to have closure. You can keep the characters and have them go on new adventures or have new experiences, but you have to have some sort of closure on questions/dilemmas. Take, for a very simple example, the Harry Potter series. Each book introduces new questions and angles about numerous subjects. And, each book wraps up a story to some kind of end. Maybe not the END end, but...there's closure. The creators haven't given the audience answers... it's a constant stream of "let's add more depth" or "another character" or "a new angle". The problem is, unless you tie-up some of those old, loose ends...you just have a pile of problems/questions. It's disjointed. You end up where we are now.

I don't think people are opposed to new girls. I think we're opposed to the feeling that new girls will be brought in and we'll STILL be left wondering what the fark' was up with Bree for the last year. The snippets we have been given, "It's called the Hymn of One" are silly. All of the "interactive" research that had been done over a year...down the drain, time wasted for those that did it. The creators just made something up. Ok..., it's their story and all. But, why involve people just to pull a Nelson ("Haaa haaaaaa!") at the eleventh hour. There are too many unresolved questions for me to care about a new girl. The Ceremony is pretty meaningles... we have no idea what happens. Maybe, by being all "Nooooooooo... don't let her do the ceremony" we're denying all of these girls trips to Disneyland or something?? At this point, I wouldn't put it past the creators. Rolling Eyes

For a time, I watched to see Bree/Daniel. Then, that jumped the shark. Then I got sucked into the Bree/Jonas cuteness... then she tied him to a chair. Alex was mildly interesting and entertaining...but,...*word vomit*. There's just not enough answers to invest in any character anymore.
Lurker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisi Girl wrote:
house wrote:
Maybe the creators should take this dicussion as a sign that their story line has now hit a new low?
Hardly anyone is commenting on the video of Bree, discussing Daniel's drinking and her vacation(s) with her "parents".

This series has officially hit bottom.

Yes, house! I agree! You and I are one of maybe 5 in this entire community who feel this way compared to every other fan who is still in love with the series and finds it still completely satisfying and totally amazing!

There are more than two sides to everything. For that matter, even where things are reduced to extremes, there's a large spectrum that lay between them.

The fanbase hardly consists of 5 people who are crying out that the sky is falling and thousands of others who think it's from the mouth of God. The vast majority - at least among those who post here - are people who are somewhere in the middle. One need only skim a few random threads to see this.

silvermoon wrote:
I certainly would say most of the forumites are fans or tolerant of Jules. Many people have expressed their hopes that she not be a major part of the storyline.

You mean most aren't a fan of her nor are most tolerant of her, correct? That's true. I personally have nothing against her and am amazed (and a little saddened) at the almost violent rejection that she's gotten. Some unfavorable responses I can understand (such as "I wouldn't want to see a kid that young suffering like these others are" or "She seems just a little too young to really fit in with these older teenagers"), but there's been a lot of things just on the level of "She makes me want to kill myself."

mindinflight wrote:
No one will ever match up to Bree in our eyes, ever.

Some of us - me for instance - don't like Bree, so I'd say that's actually good news for every other girl in the world.
kwicherbichen
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This episode would be cooler if she did a Hitler impersonation or smoked weed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PixieSailor
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker, I know you've pointed out that Bree's acting wasn't amazing at the start of the series, and that's true. But if you look at Jules, I think that she was obviously reading from a script, it was really obviously acting. With Bree, she wasn't the best actress ever, but she didn't seem fake. She just seemed overly goofy. I think Jules acting isn't good enough at the moment for the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not interested in the new girl either. That would kind of defeat the whole purpose of this series so far to introduce a new girl that could potentially replace Bree. And poor Daniel. Why isn't Bree trying to help him? I miss the old days of Bree and Daniel where Bree would bake cookies and stuff when she hurt Daniel. Obviously, Daniel is upset and Bree, who is supposed to be his best friend, doesn't seem to even really care.

And I should add that I just watched a split second of Jules video and she is really obnoxious. Please don't let her be canon. I don't care for any of her videos.

And this story is just stagnant. I'm getting bored because it seems to be going in circles.

Last edited by lonelygirl on Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
nickaflick
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*copies from other thread*

hmm, I wasn't in the chat room last night but I am curious what happened with Mr. Beastie

and is it suspicious that Bree didn't say anything about what Daniel said about Jonas and her? Hmm, avoiding maybe? Or would she disregard it because daniel was "drunk." (Could be acting but he didn't seem that drunk, most times people slur and have trouble stringing together sentences. Atleast, that's for me Smile I can't hold my liquor worth a dime and I run my mouth off about anything. hmm, anywho)

I think one thing that annoys me about this video series is the fact that Bree's memories of her parents and mentions of "The Order" are so unclear and not very infomative. Solstace? WHAT? Why did her dad kind of "fall out of the order" and why did he save Bree when he could?

So many questions but not very many answers. Blah.

"In life it's easier to just take what we want and leave as quickly as possible, but it is when we tough it out and face our fears that we will have grown stronger." Unknown
crazcritrchic
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone pick up that Bree said she doesn't even know if this is the girl? This means that we're probably going to get other possibilities for "the new girl". If Bree has her doubts, I think we should too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: