Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0099 "Back At Bree's" [12/15/06]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Languorous Lass wrote:
Then I realized that in fact, the creators are doctors -- or at least Miles Beckett is, or was, one. So either Miles isn't overseeing what the scriptwriters and set directors are doing with the drug information, or these references are significant indeed.

That's what I was thinking. I can't imagine that Miles would have overlooked these details. I think it's either deliberate that the Order is incompetent or they don't want antibiotics to be able to do anything for Bree.

Hey, what if they're trying to produce some kind of super bacteria and they're planning to use Bree's body to cultivate it? People have speculated that the Order might be a group of scientists masquerading as a religious group. Seems kind of farfetched at the moment, but who knows? It's an idea to throw out there. Maybe the intention is to make some bacteria immune to antibiotics through her? Not sure how things like the purity vow would play into that, but I'm sure it could be cut to fit.

I guess this also would require an explanation for why they've specifically wanted Bree for all this. One would think that anyone would work for this, unless, of course, the Order believes that specifically Bree is needed. Maybe they think only certain people (because of their genetics) are fit to serve as the culture -- or maybe they believe she has something in her genes that needs to be added to the mix.

Last edited by Lurker on Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
alysaface
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just realized it all..

they are going to use a strand of icky bacteria's to turn bree into a zombie.

it's going to be HOT.

http://youtube.com/profile?user=alysaface

stalk me.

You were so much cooler before you got your little PHD in everyone elses problems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
glowe126
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

I know right!

There was some material on this board somewhere about Daniel having a book about zombies or something. It was from one of the earlier videos. Someone spotted the book in the background or something.

Oh to all of the middle-aged, pagan epileptic activists who keep responding on here about my comment about epilepsy. Yesterday, after I posted a comment, I had a seizure and was diagnosed with epilepsy. As you would say, "Karma sucks, man!"

I hope you're happy. I am, because I am Ms. McShakey-shake-shake-shake!!!
alysaface
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahaha!!

i think i <3 you.

stalk me.

You were so much cooler before you got your little PHD in everyone elses problems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
glowe126
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: No Reply with quote

No, I <3 you!

I swear someone has the zombie theory all spelled out somewhere. I just can't remember where.
alysaface
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's pretty hilarious. if you ever manage to stumble across it again, PM me a linky? pleaseeeee?

stalk me.

Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: yeah Reply with quote

alysaface wrote:
i just realized it all..

they are going to use a strand of icky bacteria's to turn bree into a zombie.

it's going to be HOT.

glowe126 wrote:
There was some material on this board somewhere about Daniel having a book about zombies or something. It was from one of the earlier videos. Someone spotted the book in the background or something.

That reminds me: it was The Zombie Survival Guide in the "Girl Problems..." video. It's also listed on his YT profile along with The Walking Dead as one of his favorite books. People go back to that from time to time. At the moment, I guess using Bree to breed some kind of zombie bacteria seems like as good a theory as any (considering we know next to nothing about what these people want).
alysaface
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sorta makes me <3 daniel a little bit. zombies are #1 in my book.

stalk me.

TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:

Hey, what if they're trying to produce some kind of super bacteria and they're planning to use Bree's body to cultivate it? People have speculated that the Order might be a group of scientists masquerading as a religious group. Seems kind of farfetched at the moment, but who knows? It's an idea to throw out there. Maybe the intention is to make some bacteria immune to antibiotics through her? Not sure how things like the purity vow would play into that, but I'm sure it could be cut to fit.

Seems pretty farfetched for something that could be done on a petri dish, or, if they're feeling ambitious, a mouse.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
Lurker wrote:

Seems pretty farfetched for something that could be done on a petri dish, or, if they're feeling ambitious, a mouse.

I agree. That's why I added that if this is true it must be because they believe Bree's genes makes her the appropriate "petri dish" to culture this in, or they believe something from her genes needs to be added to the mix. So far, a lot of us think that Bree's genetics might be why specifically she seems to be so important to the Order .
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
TOSG wrote:
Lurker wrote:

I agree. That's why I added that if this is true it must be because they believe Bree's genes makes her the appropriate "petri dish" to culture this in, or they believe something from her genes needs to be added to the mix. So far, a lot of us think that Bree's genetics might be why specifically she seems to be so important to the Order .

It's a neat idea, but as a biochemist who cultures antibiotic-resistant bacteria on a fairly regular basis, I can safely say that it just doesn't really hold any water scientifically. Given that one of the creators has a medical background, I think that it's pretty unlikely as a plotline as well.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
It's a neat idea, but as a biochemist who cultures antibiotic-resistant bacteria on a fairly regular basis, I can safely say that it just doesn't really hold any water scientifically. Given that one of the creators has a medical background, I think that it's pretty unlikely as a plotline as well.

Even if these guys are scientists, they might still have some kind of spiritual belief that lends to the idea of Bree being special. Whether they do or not, though, there's no question that she specifically is what they want for some reason. Rather than getting another girl to take her place in the ceremony, they've held out for her. And if they were just concerned that she might reveal their secrets, they could have probably put her in the ground a dozen times over by now.
Kanazaka
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to know that some forum members here are also still considering the fertility angle Smile . Here are some of my theories on the antibiotics:

1. The Order planned on giving her something (perhaps in the pills) that the antibiotics were supposed to counter; perhaps this substance intended to verify her unique genetic makeup, or perhaps it worked in combination with her DNA to mark her as The Chosen One (or whatever the Order calls her)

2. The Order planned on doing something to Bree in and around her pelvic region that would necessitate antibiotic treatment

3. Assuming again that the scarab beetle may be part of the ritual (as Bree mentioned it as part of the Zodiac), the antibiotics could be for countering infection from the beetles; yeah, I'm not prioritizing this theory either Laughing
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
TOSG wrote:

Even if these guys are scientists, they might still have some kind of spiritual belief that lends to the idea of Bree being special. Whether they do or not, though, there's no question that she specifically is what they want for some reason. Rather than getting another girl to take her place in the ceremony, they've held out for her. And if they were just concerned that she might reveal their secrets, they could have probably put her in the ground a dozen times over by now.

Definitely agree, I just doubt that it's genetics that makes her special.

Also, culturing antibiotic-resistant bacteria is so trivial (it's a very routine molecular biology technique) that it would be absurd to go to such lengths to use a human vessel for it.

I'm a little stumped as to what the antibiotic could be used for, though.
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
Definitely agree, I just doubt that it's genetics that makes her special.

That's fair. It could be a birthmark or something for all we know right now.

TOSG wrote:
Also, culturing antibiotic-resistant bacteria is so trivial (it's a very routine molecular biology technique) that it would be absurd to go to such lengths to use a human vessel for it.

I completely agree, unless it's for the same reason that she's so important to their ceremony. These people seem obsessed with her, so who knows what their rationale could be for using a human vessel?

TOSG wrote:
I'm a little stumped as to what the antibiotic could be used for, though.

I was too until I thought of this theory. I can't think of any other reason that they might be doing this. That doesn't mean that there isn't another possibility, of course. If there is, though, it's just beyond me to guess what it might be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 28 of 31

Jump to: