Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0112 "Purple Monkey Returns" [1/9/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like Daniel or Jonas to directly address the fact that Bree's dad wasn't actually her dad. So far they have given no indication of actually knowing that.

Second of all, the part of this video that stood out to me hasn't even been mentioned! Daniel says that Bree's mom once yelled at her for crying because it showed weakness.

Up until now (minus Bree refusing to talk to her mom), Bree's mom has always seemed to be fair and more loving. Her mom was the one that never agreed with her dad's rules, and her mom was the one who felt strongly about a person's right to free will. This gives her a colder, harder side. It's interesting how they are turning that around.

I would also like to point out the role reversal. Here we have Jonas: a touchy-feely, clingy, soft, sensitive boy, compared to Bree: who is basically a worthless rock at the moment. and a girl.
I think this compares well with bree's 'parents.' Her father built a relationship with Bree, and developed an attachment to her and responsibility for her safety, while it appears her mother did not express any sympathy for her tears, and many suspect she was actually working against Bree's 'father' towards the end of his life.
kristin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did note the part about Bree's mom and her opinion on crying. I think maybe this was part of her trying not to get attached to her 'daughter' - who we suspect she was assigned to prepare for the ceremony. Bree showing too much emotion might have stirred up some maternal instincts, so her 'mom' tried to shut this down. This would contrast her dad, who seemingly did become attached.

Also, if we're hypothesizing about diets and eating disorders, both her parents seemed very slender as well - and now we know they're not biological parents, so the resemblance couldn't be genetic. Perhaps they went through the same thing.
JustAnotherLonelyGirl.
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pi wrote:
girlAnachronism wrote:

Frankly, i'd be pissed off if Bree became bulimic...

I hear ya. I'm not looking forward to seeing something like that played out either. It's just they also put that weird light above the toilet and did that white flashy thing they do when the LG Gods want to point something out ( 02:24, 02:30-32). So, if it's not a developing eating disorder.. then what? She's flushing her food, meds and/or drugs.. down the toilet? She certainly knows something about 'strict diets.' I dunno.. just doesn't look good.

Pi

I doubt they'd steer down that path. However, I did find it rather odd that she ran to the bathroom, instead of her bedroom or something. And why was she sleeping on the couch btw? But anyway, when he walked in, and the lights were off, I kept thinking something scary would happen. And you could sort of see Bree's reflection in the mirror and I thought someone else was in there. Then when he turned on the lights I was ready for Bree's wrists to be gushing blood or for someone to be standing there holding Bree's arms and pointing a gun at Daniel or something.

But yeah, weird she ran to that bathroom.
sthrnbelle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know this is probably out of this world wrong, and crazy to even consider...

but what if bree was pregnant and she ran to the bathroom b/c she has morning sickness! Shocked

talk about a plot twist!
haha but i know this is highly HIGHLY doubtful.
just throwing it out there...
kristin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it is peculiar that she seemed to be sleeping on the couch -- maybe Jonas or Daniel got worried about her being in bed all day and pushed her into leaving her room, but she ended up just curling up on the couch instead.
kristin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sthrnbelle wrote:

but what if bree was pregnant and she ran to the bathroom b/c she has morning sickness! Shocked

talk about a plot twist!

So are you thinking Jonas or Daniel might be the daddy, or is this some creepy result of ceremony stuff with the Order? Razz
Pi
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JustAnotherLonelyGirl."]
Quote:
I doubt they'd steer down that path.
*double crosses* I hope your right.
Quote:
And you could sort of see Bree's reflection in the mirror and I thought someone else was in there.
lol I did to. I had to download it and play it over and over, cuz I was completely creeped out.

Got a question for you, and anyone else: When Daniel was harrassing Bree on the couch, was that a large tag in the "Proving Science Wrong" hat or a note? (1:25)

Pi
Maccaboy17
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kristin wrote:
sthrnbelle wrote:

talk about a plot twist!

So are you thinking Jonas or Daniel might be the daddy, or is this some creepy result of ceremony stuff with the Order? Razz

maybe thats what the injectiosn were, immaculate conception drugs, that way the order has a miracle on its hands and a way of producing a army of of supporters by having their chosen girls give birth, the girls chose for apprently beeing good breedign stock, ok i'll be quite now
kristin
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maccaboy17 wrote:
kristin wrote:
sthrnbelle wrote:

talk about a plot twist!

maybe thats what the injectiosn were, immaculate conception drugs, that way the order has a miracle on its hands and a way of producing a army of of supporters by having their chosen girls give birth, the girls chose for apprently beeing good breedign stock, ok i'll be quite now

Its kinda funny, because at one point early on I thought maybe the drugs were those puberty-suppressing hormones they give female gymnasts, like maybe they were trying to keep her from becoming an adult and having sexual feelings. But if we think it was really all Epogen, then that's probably out.
HazelButtercup
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how Bree takes the chocolate and hides it.
parakeet100
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't lost a parent, but if I am really distraught over whatever and someone or something agitates me more, I get sick to my stomach. She may have run in there because a) the door locks, only she didn't get a chance to lock it, and b) perhaps she felt nauseated and thought she was tossing her cookies.

On tv and in the movies, it's common for an upset female to lock herself in the bathroom... so that didn't stand out to me at all.

And awww for Daniel's version of P. Monkey. I laughed a little too loud on that one. Laughing

Last edited by parakeet100 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
sthrnbelle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha when i read "good breeding stock" i immediately thought -- good BREEding stock!? coincidence?? haha. (actually, yes probably)

but if you think about it, didn't someone say that one of the drugs she was taking (i forget the name now -- i'm terrible with names) helps with conception??

now, i really really REALLY doubt bree's pregnant. the morning sickness was just some random thought. and frankly, i would be quite dissapointed with the creators if they added the whole "teen pregnancy" or "sex ritual" bit. i think the whole idea is way overplayed...
Maccaboy17
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kristin wrote:
Maccaboy17 wrote:
kristin wrote:
sthrnbelle wrote:

talk about a plot twist!

Its kinda funny, because at one point early on I thought maybe the drugs were those puberty-suppressing hormones they give female gymnasts, like maybe they were trying to keep her from becoming an adult and having sexual feelings. But if we think it was really all Epogen, then that's probably out.

but at least we cna dream until we find out the truth, still hoping Daniel finds out off camera and makes a big speech to the rest of the cast (as more characters may have joined by that stage) summing everything up and tying up all the LG and OpA plots, but then i am just a dreamer
girlAnachronism
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think part of this movie was showing how they've finally gotten more of the set decorated. They now have a bathroom with all the trimmings, and a living room...Daniel did actually open one of the mysterious doors to Jonas's house! (Hopefully that wasn't the one he considered his parents' bedroom...)
Maccaboy17
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on a serious note, wy did daniel follow her in to the bathroom?

he was making sure she hadnt gone in ther to killed herself, and we dont know how much time lapsed between teh first arguement at the second
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: