Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DISCUSSION] Locations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyIvan1745
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yeah if by some random chance I do find the house I am not gonna give any private info I find about it or am I gonna go or send anyone. But, I do find it interesting to try and find it, just because its a challenge!

As for the house being in LA are we 100% certain of this cause that would difficult thing... there are thousands upon thousands of houses around there, and that would mean I am gonna have to divide areas up and search slowly. That would take a long time.
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrazyIvan1745 wrote:
Well yeah if by some random chance I do find the house I am not gonna give any private info I find about it or am I gonna go or send anyone. But, I do find it interesting to try and find it, just because its a challenge!

As for the house being in LA are we 100% certain of this cause that would difficult thing... there are thousands upon thousands of houses around there, and that would mean I am gonna have to divide areas up and search slowly. That would take a long time.

For all we know Ivan, it could just be a set. I mean, we've never seen the whole house ever, only a few non-descript rooms and a backyard. It is most likely in California, in the LA area since that is where most of the LG players are located. I have my doubts about them all trucking up to Ukiah whenever they have to make a vid.

Good luck on your hunt Smile I suggest maybe checking out acidfingers drop map in General Discussion:

http://www.lonelygirl15.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6497
CrazyIvan1745
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the map I'll mark those down

but also if you watch "Kicked Out" there is a view of a front of a house but its night time so all you can really see is some roof line and lit windows. still based off what outdoor vids there are I might be able to get somewhat of an idea of what the house could look like.

(I was also disappointed there is brick around the pool, thought there might be tiling I could count to get a measure of the pool)
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladron121 wrote:
There once was a player around here named Archetype...

What? Arche is no more!? Crying or Very sad or did he just change his name?
ladron121
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
ladron121 wrote:
There once was a player around here named Archetype...

What? Arche is no more!? Crying or Very sad or did he just change his name?

I haven't seen him on in forever. I hope he isn't dead, but he hasn't been around lately.
CrazyIvan1745
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok realizing this is not a front view...

(yeah I made it look night visionish lol)
but the point is you can see the pool off to the side. so it is the backyard but in my opinion this makes it seem like most are not on set. In one window on the left it looks like the study also it matches the pool in the other vids... good news is there does not seem to be trees covering the pool or backyard so it will be easier to spot
colbertnationgirl
Hymn of One

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*applaudes.*

i never noticed the pool or the study!
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could be thousands of houses th tlook like that around LA....I think it's a bit fruitless to look for the house, but eh....

Yes, I'm positive the house where they film is in the LA area. Just because it's a rea' house doesn't mean it's not a "Set" -- clearly, it's not in northern CA.
CrazyIvan1745
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this helps with the location of this building:

But I noticed it is taller than it looks, the road slopes downward sharply. You can tell by the lightpoles.

Also on the left is powerlines. No idea if that will help find it.
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan, it looks to me like Wilshire Blvd...the section that cuts through the center of the LA Country Club. The foliage on both sides of the road is a bit of a dead giveaway given the size of the road and the high-rise. Only, I think that's heading west toward the Wilshire District/UCLA (and Trader Vics) and away from BH. It's directly west of the Wilshire Building, if that helps. I'm pretty sure you're looking at a large condo building there...but I'd have to take a drive over there to be sure. I'll be down there on Saturday, so I can check it out for you.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very wise friend pointed out to me recently that I should be careful when posting in this area, just so that everyone will be able to tell I am adding personal opinion. This post is just my information, not advice as a moderator.

CrazyIvan1745 wrote:
but the point is you can see the pool off to the side. so it is the backyard but in my opinion this makes it seem like most are not on set. In one window on the left it looks like the study also it matches the pool in the other vids... good news is there does not seem to be trees covering the pool or backyard so it will be easier to spot

This will not narrow your seach much, Ivan. When a pool is added or included with a property, the landscaping in the immediate area is usually treeless. People enjoy sunning themselves by pools, and they don't enjoy cleaning the falling leaves out of them.

I also have to ask, as ladron did earlier in the topic: what is the purpose of searching for the set? I don't understand it. If one did locate it, how would the information be useful?

Again, just my own opinion.

Smile
Killthesmiley
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we all know that they don't us a "set", meaning a built set in a warehouse/lot. Pretty much everyone who pays attention to the details of the show both in/out of character knows that.

So this house is someone's house that they know.

NOW the build of this house is interesting...It's a ranch style house, by the apperance of the walls of the house and the style of the canapy over though lounging area.
It appears to be an eat in kitchen, split off with a bar...sooo where daniel is id the cooking area, to his right would be a bar/island, then a dining area. Then a wall with a hall on the right. Leading to lounging room, which I believe is what people are calling the "study." You can see te bookshelf, but you can also distinguish a couch and either a tv or a fireplace that desperatly needs to be cleaned....

point is what....
hmmm

YOU: Who does that KTS think she is? Total bitch!

ME: I think I'm you, only better.

~Kelly, KMurr, and Kellylen <3~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CrazyIvan1745
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ while you have a good point, and lots of people have pools (as I have noticed) It does narrow things down. Surprisingly most of the houses I have looked at either part of the pool goes under the overhanging roof or is halfway under a tree. That picture shows The pool far enough away from the overhang and no trees (no leaf build up in it and no shadows in videos where it is seen during the day) this will narrow down about half of what I had found so far. As for my reason of finding the house... I don't really know. I suppose it gives me something to do, but I also find it interesting to know plus if we know where the house is it "might" give a general idea on the routes taken, which could possibly make it easier to find drops. If I do somehow manage to come across what seems like the house then I will not give an address (which google earth doesn't even do as far as I know) and will not post a screenshot unless told I am allowed.

(now realizing I typed alot...)

Also a little add in... The likelyness of me even finding the house are Extremely slim... if anything it would be luck.
CrazyIvan1745
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have searched probably about 500-1000 house and 9/10ths of them had pools lol and this is how much of LA I have searched so far:

(The part with the X through it is what I have done)
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, you're not checking the islands? You might miss something... I saw a couple of houses with pools in Avalon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: