Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0112 "Purple Monkey Returns" [1/9/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angie78gg
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this has probably been brought up before, but I thought maybe it was worth another look. What if the ceremony wasnt fake. What if Bree really did go through with it. So, she lies to Daniel and tells him that it was a fake! She has lied before, has she not? Before her "dad" was killed and she found out she was an alien. She had been acting rather odd, even for Bree. Hmmm, so, maybe sthrnbelle's theory isnt so out there after all. Yes it's pg, but I have seen some crazy stuff happen in PG movies. Hopefully Bree opens up soon. I dont think I can handle much more of this. I would not wanna be a teen again!
sthrnbelle
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maccaboy17 wrote:
on a serious note, wy did daniel follow her in to the bathroom?

he was making sure she hadnt gone in ther to killed herself, and we dont know how much time lapsed between teh first arguement at the second

i doubt it was to check if she'd killed herself. it was probably more along the lines of : "i'm going to make her stop moping and talk to me".
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maccaboy17 wrote:

he was making sure she hadnt gone in ther to killed herself, and we dont know how much time lapsed between teh first arguement at the second

he is obviously severley worried about her...I would have followed her into the bathroom as well...she probably wouldn't have killed herself but it really isn't healthy of Bree to locker herself away like that and it's bound to make her more depressed. If I was as close to Bree as Daniel is I wouldn't take any chances.
Maccaboy17
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sthrnbelle wrote:
Maccaboy17 wrote:

i doubt it was to check if she'd killed herself. it was probably more along the lines of : "i'm going to make her stop moping and talk to me".

ok killing might be extreme but to check she wasnt doing anything stupid, like the much hypotessised eating dissorder
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another not I think Bree attitude has something to be desired. Daniel and Jonas have been there for and have been helping her through this whole situation and as much as Bree says she does not won't thier help she has taken it time and time again as is still accepting thier help by the simple fact that she is staying at Jonas' place.
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attempting to cheer up Bree was good of Daniel. It was self-centered of him to try to make her feel guilty by reminding her of why he is there. It was absolutely inappropriate of Daniel to enter her room after she closed the door in his face! Bad form!
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, the way daniel and jonas are dealing with bree, she's just going to run away again.
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
Attempting to cheer up Bree was good of Daniel. It was self-centered of him to try to make her feel guilty by reminding her of why he is there. It was absolutely inappropriate of Daniel to enter her room after she closed the door in his face! Bad form!

Trying to make her feel guilty was definiltley not a good move. He shouldn't have done that but I can understand where he is coming from and I don't think he was doing it on purpose. It's been days and I'm sure he is getting frustrated.
lonelygirl
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavetheAvatar wrote:
Not that I'm promoting stereotypes but that's typical girl behaviour. If they're upset then whatever you do it's the wrong thing, if you leave them along then you're ignoring them, if you try and cheer them up then you're bothering them. I think they just like to be upset so they can get their own way...

I mean...um...please don't hurt me...

no, i actually agree with you. but getting in someone's face about it like daniel is doing to bree has got to be the worst way to go about things.
Beckers
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonelygirl wrote:
DavetheAvatar wrote:
Not that I'm promoting stereotypes but that's typical girl behaviour. If they're upset then whatever you do it's the wrong thing, if you leave them along then you're ignoring them, if you try and cheer them up then you're bothering them. I think they just like to be upset so they can get their own way...

I mean...um...please don't hurt me...

no, i actually agree with you. but getting in someone's face about it like daniel is doing to bree has got to be the worst way to go about things.

I don't agree....It's a typical spoiled brat behaviour.
emerrs11
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flautapantera wrote:
Hooray! Owen, Thor, and P. Monkey make appearances! Smile

Poor, Bree. It was a nice attempt on Daniel's part to cheer her up. She'll talk when she's ready. I'm just surprised she didn't crack a smile when he did his Monkey voice.

Me too. Poor Bree.
random lurker
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidewalkflight wrote:
random lurker wrote:
I don't really feel anything for Bree right now because we've already gone through soooo many of her emotional ups and downs. We've already been on this particular merry-go-round: she rejects Daniel's help for a while, then she posts a sheepish "I guess I've been pretty selfish... it's just that I've been feeling bad... Daniel's done so much for me... I owe him so much..." Then she does something cutesy to show that they're friends again.

Then no one deals with the underlying problems that cause these ongoing spats. *sigh*

Time for some OpA uproar.

This is QUITE different though from all their other silly feuds. I can't see her springing back with a cutesy silly vid from this.

I agree that this is more severe than their earlier fights, but plot-wise, we're chasing down the same old tired trail we've been down. I think if they hadn't done the "squabble/comfort/resist/make up" thing so many times already, it would be effective. I'm just concerned that the creators are beating a dead horse.

I'd like to see one of the characters get a clear plan and start to pound away at the problems they're in. They do a lot of waiting around for the plot to happen to them. (OK, so they're characters and don't know there's a plot, but the creators know! c'mon, creators, let's do something *different*!)
sidestep
Suspiciously Absent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is getting a little tedious. Haven't we already had this arc?

When Bree visited her father she stole a Lexus and a credit card instead of telling her two friends she should trust and enlist. Jonas is fine with that and lets her back. Bree has blown Daniel off and on so many times that any fickle love he has is about to die. Daniel is apparently so struck that he doesn't care. At this point Daniel and Jonas appear to be the drivers of the story with Bree simply adding allure chaff to the story. I know it's hard to put out a two minute update every other day, but please let's work through some ideas or other challenges without using the unappealing Bree is cranky and unstable writing escape. It feels like LG15 jumped the shark after the warehouse video.
Marilee
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, good try Daniel.... I too laughed when Daniel did the P. Monkey voice and when Bree took the chocolates. But....

Should we be looking into clues from the movie Daniel mentioned? I am a bad detective, but I am just throwing it out there.
lookyz
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Bree being in the bathroom is fairly not surprising. That's where I would have my breakdowns when I was 16...and when something really bad like a death in the family happens - all I can do is throw up. (which I think her having the toilet seat up was a sign of)

As for her selfish behavior - she is an only child, homeschooled. She didn't exactly grow up with a lot of friends or even people around her that she needed to be considerate of their feelings or sacrifices. So she probably doesn't realize what they're going through. Also, she kind of wins the sob story contest there (you gave up your crappy job vs. my Dad isn't my Dad/is dead in some respect).

Ok - rant over
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: