Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DISCUSSION] Locations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyIvan1745
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sighs* there are houses there too.... dang.... this is gonna take a few weeks..... at least my mouse movement skills are really fast from doing this but my eyes start burning within an hour... such tiny little houses!!!

(and this is a guy who has played video Games 18hrs straight before feeling effects)

I am up to 10 possible houses out of what I have searched.... and I am headed to bed for tonight
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrazyIvan1745 wrote:
*sighs* there are houses there too.... dang.... this is gonna take a few weeks..... at least my mouse movement skills are really fast from doing this but my eyes start burning within an hour... such tiny little houses!!!

(and this is a guy who has played video Games 18hrs straight before feeling effects)

I am up to 10 possible houses out of what I have searched.... and I am headed to bed for tonight

Hey Ivan, I was being facetious there, in the hopes that you got the point that it's basically a futile exercise trying to find one house out of millions in the west coast. I think you should stop before you lose your eyesight or develop some kind of repetitive strain injury. There are much better ways to spend your free time. Sorry for being a jerk before. Very Happy

Last edited by deagol on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
CrazyIvan1745
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured but still I will probably have to sheck those too... but don't worry I spend my life at my comp anyways.. I just have to split up the search into small amounts at a time. so I suspect by the time I find it it won't matter anymore.
Balmung
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you realy want to get anything done with the few hints that we have, i think we would need a number of people to be searching in different places.

we could get a number of possiblilities very quickly that way, the only thing is, how many of us are willing to search like that?
ApotheosisAZ
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comment here is as an individual. I am not in this topic as a moderator.

Balmung wrote:
if you realy want to get anything done with the few hints that we have, i think we would need a number of people to be searching in different places.

we could get a number of possiblilities very quickly that way, the only thing is, how many of us are willing to search like that?

I suspect that the reason for the lack of volunteers in this research is that there is no useful goal. Look at this map again of CrazyIvan1745's:

If anyone here thought that using our resources in finding this pool had a goal, then the sectors shown here would have already been assigned to different people for scanning. I daresay there would be overlap: possibly two people to a sector.

We've all endured worse; remember listening to Lovelines? *shudders*

But by Ivan's own admission, there isn't any reason for anyone here to look.
Balmung
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that makes sense
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApotheosisAZ wrote:
My comment here is as an individual. I am not in this topic as a moderator.

I want the old Apo back. Apo, my man, you're like soooo tense ever since you became a mod. I'm concerned about you. Really. Dude, you used to be a fun chap to be around, never afraid to speak your guts and now what? Will you ask for our blessing each time you wanna speak in your name?

I say time for a trip down in LA! Get the production team to invite you for a sneak peek at the set, get to bomb dive that infamous pool, have a beer just with D. & J. and bad mouth Bree. That's what you need!

Back on topic: looking for a swimming pool in LA is like looking for a snowflake in Canada. Do you have any idea how may swimming pools there is between Santa Monica and San Diego?
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impulse wrote:
Back on topic: looking for a swimming pool in LA is like looking for a snowflake in Canada. Do you have any idea how may swimming pools there is between Santa Monica and San Diego?

Hey give the guy a break. He's narrowed it down to about 10 potential locations in the whole Oxnard area. Hopefully when he gets to LA proper he'll give us about 1379 really promising sites for Betty to check out.
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:

Hey give the guy a break. He's narrowed it down to about 10 potential locations in the whole Oxnard area. Hopefully when he gets to LA proper he'll give us about 1379 really promising sites for Betty to check out.

Hey give the guy a break. 1379 is 1381 minus 2: the difference of two prime numbers. That sounds like some sort of unbreakable code. He's onto something I tell you.
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impulse wrote:
Hey give the guy a break. 1379 is 1381 minus 2: the difference of two prime numbers. That sounds like some sort of unbreakable code. He's onto something I tell you.

He's definitely onto something. Add 1379 to 10033 and you get 11412 which is a multiple of 36 (I think someone said that the elevator in that building was 6x6). But that's not all: check out that number ±1, the adjacents 11411 and 11413... I can't find their factors! could they be twin primes???
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deagol wrote:
... I can't find their factors! could they be twin primes???

The infamous Twin Primes???? This is not a game anymore. It's getting way too dangerous, man. I'm out of here!
aprilawz
Casual Observer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh for #%$ sake, look what you guys have been reduced to...

Tach, Op...Somebody!! Throw us a friggin' bone already!!!
deagol
Thor's Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

impulse wrote:
deagol wrote:
... I can't find their factors! could they be twin primes???

The infamous Twin Primes???? This is not a game anymore. It's getting way too dangerous, man. I'm out of here!

No no, hold on. I went all Nikki B. investigatin' and look what I found:

wikipedia wrote:
Every twin prime pair greater than 3 is of the form (6n − 1, 6n + 1) for some natural number n, and with the exception of n = 1, n must end in 0, 2, 3, 5, 7, or 8.

So... letsee. We should have 11412 = 6n, n = 11412/6 = ... 1902 ends in 2, damn, it works!

Ok, and then:
wikipedia wrote:
It has been proven that the pair m, m + 2 is a twin prime if and only if
4((m-1)! + 1) = -m mod (m(m+2))

Wow, so m = 11411, then we just need to verify if
4(11410! + 1) = -11411 mod (11411(11413))

I think we need Ivan's help here. I can't figure out neither side of that...
bethy
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
he'll give us about 1379 really promising sites for Betty to check out.

oh, HAYELL no!

The only reason I offered to check out the Wilshire view is because I'll be in the area on Saturday. A friend and I are going to the Beverly Center.

I won't make extra trips for this kind of thing...but if I'm in the area, I'll take a slight detour, I don't mind doing that.

Quote:
Oh for #%$ sake, look what you guys have been reduced to...

Tach, Op...Somebody!! Throw us a friggin' bone already!!!

X
impulse
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Deagol! I found out there are also cousin primes (p,p+4) and, sexy primes (p,p+6)!!! AND, it goes without saying, Tachyon and her evil twin Opaphid belong to the sexy prime group. So what does (p, p+6) tell us about Opa and Tach??? Think
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> OpAphid: Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: