Lonelygirl15 Forum Index Lonelygirl15
Forum to post messages about Bree and Danielbeast

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0176-"Intervention" [4/19/07]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kageyuki wrote:
Whether Daniel was drinking to forget about Bree or Alex is pretty easy to tell. He may have thought he was over Bree, but he really wasn't. Like Lurker mentions, Alex was just an outlet for Daniel to express affection because he got it in return. But deep down inside, who do you think that he really wanted to be sharing those feelings with?

It was imogene who suggested that. I was suggesting that he may have actually gotten over an interest in Bree, but that it doesn't mean the next person screwing him over isn't going to incite more bitterness over the last time.
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KatieInWonderland wrote:
This is my first post. Very Happy I've been reading the forums for quite some time and I've finally been un-lazy and registered.

Anywho, I feel awful for Daniel and that he feels the need to drink his problems away. I think that DB&J just need to sit down and talk to each other. I don't think that Jonas should've tried to intervene on his own. Where was Bree during all this, anyway?

Yay congrats on your first post. =]
Hooray for Orange Slurpees!
Go to my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/xshibbiex
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kageyuki
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
Wow, good video, very solid acting on both parts.

I'm a little surprised how everyone is so quick to take Daniel's side. He was my favorite character back when he was the down-to-earth voice of reason, but he's fallen off the deep end. I think that most of us have been in lousy situations with respect to the opposite sex, and know that it's no excuse to spend the rest of your days being drunk and useless.

I also don't know why he's still speaking as if Jonas stole Bree from him. As far as we know, they're nothing more than friends.

I hope that Daniel recovers, and I feel bad for his situation, but he's not being a very sympathetic character right now.

I don't think that what's going on is that people are "taking Daniel's side" as opposed to having pity for him. Yes, it seems he's hit bottom, but I don't see that he's hit rock bottom.

You have a point that lousy relationship matters are not an excuse to turning to alcoholism, but as I've said, I have never been an alcoholic, so I can't really say why it seems to be such a (for wont of a better term) popular way for people to vent.

As for not understanding why Daniel feels threatened by Jonas concerning his feelings for Bree... I don't suppose you've ever been trapped in a love triangle, before? Jealousy can make you say/do some wierd/nasty things.

Most people I've come across, when drunk, have never been 'sympathetic'... just plain pathetic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kageyuki wrote:
TOSG wrote:
Wow, good video, very solid acting on both parts.

I'm a little surprised how everyone is so quick to take Daniel's side. He was my favorite character back when he was the down-to-earth voice of reason, but he's fallen off the deep end. I think that most of us have been in lousy situations with respect to the opposite sex, and know that it's no excuse to spend the rest of your days being drunk and useless.

I also don't know why he's still speaking as if Jonas stole Bree from him. As far as we know, they're nothing more than friends.

I hope that Daniel recovers, and I feel bad for his situation, but he's not being a very sympathetic character right now.

I don't think that what's going on is that people are "taking Daniel's side" as opposed to having pity for him. Yes, it seems he's hit bottom, but I don't see that he's hit rock bottom.

You have a point that lousy relationship matters are not an excuse to turning to alcoholism, but as I've said, I have never been an alcoholic, so I can't really say why it seems to be such a (for wont of a better term) popular way for people to vent.

As for not understanding why Daniel feels threatened by Jonas concerning his feelings for Bree... I don't suppose you've ever been trapped in a love triangle, before? Jealousy can make you say/do some wierd/nasty things.

Most people I've come across, when drunk, have never been 'sympathetic'... just plain pathetic.

I don't feel pity for him but I do think that Jonas took the wrong approach. I'm not exactly taking Daniel's side either, because it isn't right for him to be handing his problems and feelings this way, but I really think he needs Bree right now and shes not being there for him at all. So, I do feel bad for him, but not in a pity way if that makes much sense.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kageyuki
P. Monkey's Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
It was imogene who suggested that. I was suggesting that he may have actually gotten over an interest in Bree, but that it doesn't mean the next person screwing him over isn't going to incite more bitterness over the last time.

Ahhh~~

This is so true, as well...
Even if one does manage to get over a past crush so quickly, getting heartbroken so soon is like pouring salt into the wound.

Though I really don't think that anyone would have been able to get over anyone that quickly. Especially if/when you have to travel with them and do need to stay in close contact.

watching_watchers wrote:
I don't feel pity for him but I do think that Jonas took the wrong approach. I'm not exactly taking Daniel's side either, because it isn't right for him to be handing his problems and feelings this way, but I really think he needs Bree right now and shes not being there for him at all. So, I do feel bad for him, but not in a pity way if that makes much sense.

In a way it does, and in a way it doesn't, but for the most part, I get what you're saying.... I hope.

You're feeling sorry about the situation, not the person. The situation being that the one person who should have been performing the intervention was nowhere in sight. Ne???

Last edited by kageyuki on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TOSG
Devoted Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kageyuki wrote:
I don't suppose you've ever been trapped in a love triangle, before? Jealousy can make you say/do some wierd/nasty things.

Funny you should say that. I was actually in a very similar (and arguably worse) situation (minus being chased by a homicidal order and all...) in my teen angsty days, and while pretty awful at the time, it didn't drive me to alcoholism or any other self-destructive tendencies. But this isn't about me, anyway...

Just to clear something up; Daniel isn't yet an alcoholic. It requires years of fairly constant alcohol abuse to develop a physiological addiction to alcohol. He's merely abusing alcohol as a sort of psychological crutch. While still a really bad situation, pulling himself out of it would not require the same sort of life-changing and drastic measures that overcoming alcoholism does. He's just got to get his head straight (unfortunately, he'll probably have to stop drinking before doing so...vicious cycle).
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kageyuki wrote:
Lurker wrote:

Ahhh~~

This is so true, as well...
Even if one does manage to get over a past crush so quickly, getting heartbroken so soon is like pouring salt into the wound.

Though I really don't think that anyone would have been able to get over anyone that quickly. Especially if/when you have to travel with them and do need to stay in close contact.

watching_watchers wrote:

In a way it does, and in a way it doesn't, but for the most part, I get what you're saying.... I hope.

You're feeling sorry about the situation, not the person. The situation being that the one person who should have been performing the intervention was nowhere in sight. Ne???

Yeah, I guess. Cause its like, hes always been there to help her and stuff, I mean sure she saved him from the order with help when they kidnapped him or whatever you wanna call it, but hes still helped her a lot since then, and a lot in general compared to that one time she helped him. Hes always been there for her. Now he needs her more than ever and where is she? No where to be found.
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imogene2004 wrote:
. I've been there before, had my heart completely crushed by the one person I trusted more than anyone. It took about 6 months to get over him, but I didn't go straight out and start dating as soon as I felt like I was finally over him and getting on with my life. Now it's been almost a year and a half and I know now that I'm ready to start dating again. I'm not saying it will take Daniel a year to get over her, but it will take some time. If he lays off the booze and accepts his life the way it is, he will be better off. Even though that seems painful to him right now, that's just the way it is.

*big huggies for imogene, and a high five for moving on*

KatieInWonderland wrote:
This is my first post. Very Happy I've been reading the forums for quite some time and I've finally been un-lazy and registered.
Welcome to the forum. I enjoyed reading your post, and I agree that they all need to sit down and talk. The problem is, Bree usually refuses to discuss anything about the romantic feelings Daniel has for her. On several occasions it's been obvious he was in a state of extreme misery that she didn't get how deep his feelings were, and how much she was hurting him. In addition, he can't say anything about what he feels for her. Every time he tries to go there, he gets shot down (and rather coldly, may I add). She is totally incapable of empathy; she's displayed that over and over.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.

Last edited by longlostposter on Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chelseyrl
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOSG wrote:
Daniel isn't yet an alcoholic. It requires years of fairly constant alcohol abuse to develop a physiological addiction to alcohol. He's merely abusing alcohol as a sort of psychological crutch. While still a really bad situation, pulling himself out of it would not require the same sort of life-changing and drastic measures that overcoming alcoholism does. He's just got to get his head straight (unfortunately, he'll probably have to stop drinking before doing so...vicious cycle).
I didn't like defining him as one, but it was a time saver Laughing

You just had a Kyle moment.
d'oh!
sparrow
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it bad that I'm watching this drunk off my ass?
Chelseyrl
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just had a Kyle moment.
d'oh!
longlostposter
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker wrote:
Wow, this was a good video. Daniel's been due for a moment like this for a while, I think. It's good to see it finally come out a little.

I'm not surprised that Jonas had nothing to say once DB really started getting into it. What could he say? It was all pretty much the truth. Maybe it had a pessimistic slant, but it was true.

Things really do suck for Daniel, and he's got pretty much no reason to be optimistic, nor does he really have a reason to feel like it will make a difference one way or the other if he just lets himself be drunk. He knows Jonas is the one taking care of them financially and that Bree hasn't in any obvious way needed Daniel for a while. His last big role was having to get rescued.

He probably feels like luggage.

He doesn't even have any involvement in all this beyond it being something his friends are at the center of, yet he's actually taken some of the harder hits. I'm not saying it's good for him, what's he doing, but I can totally understand why he feels like all that. It's going to take some obvious example of purpose in order to get him out of this slump.

He needs to feel needed. I think he had that again when Alex came back into the picture as a good guy, but now that he doesn't know where she stands (and probably thinks the worst), he feels like he's got no reason to even try. Poor guy. It sucks to see him in such bad shape.

This was a great performance by Yousef. He really felt genuine.

The swinging lamp was a great touch, by the way.

Steph1636 wrote:
Do I sense still some feelings for Bree?

I'm not so sure that he's so much still romantically interested at the moment (though it could happen again) as it is that it's still a sore point for him. The feelings that you're seeing there are probably resentment.
Lurker, this is an exact duplicate of my post in running; minus the part where I said Daniel is unable to get any other female companionship because of being tied to Bree. I think it's cool that we think so much alike.

I think Daniel is still in love with Bree. If she jumped into his arms and said, "Let's prove science wrong for the rest of our lives", I don't think he would say, "No, baby, you've already had you chance with the D-Train". I think he would actually breakdown and cry with relief (and then go all lech, of course).

ETA: I agreed that this was a shining performance by Yousef. He was really convincing; didn't even seem like he was acting at all.
Shout outs to my beautiful daughter badkittyx1505, Aithne, and Lurker.
Kanazaka
Enthusiastic Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't like drunk Daniel. I'm not at all surprised that he's in the situation he's in, since it's been foreshadowed for quite a while now. And while I'm glad that Daniel is finally being honest to himself and others about why he feels the way he feels, he's too drunk to think clearly about his emotions. And drunk though he may be, I feel that Yousef may have overacted in this one Confused . But I've never been drunk, so I don't know for sure. Still, good job (and Jackson, too).
watching_watchers
The Order of Denderah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparrow wrote:
Is it bad that I'm watching this drunk off my ass?

At least you admit your drunk. Laughing
MintyBeast
Lonely Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smelltheflowers wrote:
"I'm sorry that I'm not this good looking guy that can have -- (?) the second she sees him and forget about her best friend...and just forget!"

I think that is a big problem I haven't seen brought up yet.

It may not be all about Bree romantically with him. Where is their friendship? They are rarely hanging out (in the videos) like they use to (order or no order). They went shopping together a few videos ago. Big whoop. Their friendship isn't being nutured. He went from being Bree's number one to not really being that anymore. It hurts when a best frienship gets pushed to the side (even more when he was romatically rejected first).
&
Sarah Fan Club
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lonelygirl15 Forum Index -> The Videos All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: